Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-22-2024, 10:22 AM  
MVP

If the Chiefs traded into top 10 who would you want them to draft?

I’m all in on the beast LT Joe Alt. His dad was a beast for chiefs as well!

Who would you get? Kelce replacement Bowers would be great as well. The 2 TE set would make defenses lose sleep.

Would you try to replace Jones or Sneed?

Or give mahomes a dream WR?

But protecting our best player Mahomes should be a requirement, and we need better replacements at LT and RT.
ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:52 PM   #46
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
When I watch those two, I come away thinking Nabers is 1a to MHJ's 1b. I know that's not a popular opinion with "experts", it's just what I see.

Nabers with Mahomes wouldn't be fair to the rest of the league. Goodell would probably veto it if we somehow got into position to get him.

Hell yeah.

I want unfair.

MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-24-2024, 02:35 PM   #47
MVP

It’s obviously unrealistic but I don’t see going that high for anything but a tackle.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-24-2024, 02:39 PM   #48
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
It’s obviously unrealistic but I don’t see going that high for anything but a tackle.
If Nabers was still on the board at 9 I am calling people.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-24-2024, 02:49 PM   #49
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
If Nabers was still on the board at 9 I am calling people.
No ****ing way is it worth giving up that much capital for a rookie WR.

If I'm giving all that up, I'd just offer it to Minnesota for Jefferson and pay the guy too. At least I know I'm getting a superstar.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 02:51 PM   #50
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
No ****ing way is it worth giving up that much capital for a rookie WR.

If I'm giving all that up, I'd just offer it to Minnesota for Jefferson and pay the guy too. At least I know I'm getting a superstar.
Two problems with this.

1.Jefferson not available

2. Jefferson would require a max contract. Move up for Nabers and we would have a #1 WR on a cost controlled contract for several years.

That's valuable.
Old 02-24-2024, 02:57 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Two problems with this.

1.Jefferson not available

2. Jefferson would require a max contract. Move up for Nabers and we would have a #1 WR on a cost controlled contract for several years.

That's valuable.
He might be available for the right price and two 1sts and a 2nd is awful tempting for a team that's going to need to rebuild. Especially given they might be able to use that ammo this year to go up to #2 for a QB if they want.

There's also no guarantee Nabers is going to be great and certainly might not be worth the cost of acquisition in comparison to just getting someone like Franklin.

It's just not a worthwhile investment in capital. WR is not a pillar position. I just can't support going balls-deep on it unless I know I'm getting a generational talent. QB, Pass Rusher, Left Tackle... That's about it for me.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-24-2024, 03:29 PM   #52
Generational Player

Quote:
He might be available for the right price and two 1sts and a 2nd is awful tempting for a team that's going to need to rebuild. Especially given they might be able to use that ammo this year to go up to #2 for a QB if they want.

There's also no guarantee Nabers is going to be great and certainly might not be worth the cost of acquisition in comparison to just getting someone like Franklin.

It's just not a worthwhile investment in capital. WR is not a pillar position. I just can't support going balls-deep on it unless I know I'm getting a generational talent. QB, Pass Rusher, Left Tackle... That's about it for me.
Well, we have the QB.

With Spags I don't think we need a franchise pass-rusher to remain near the top ten either if we kept Sneed/McDuffie.

Left Tackle isn't as valuable to me in the current NFL because of the QB we have.

Maybe if we had a statue pocket passer but Mahomes is a modern QB.

So WR would be something I would want because the current Chiefs SB Championships all had a 1 or 2 HOF pass-catchers.

Veach traded one and the other is almost aged out.

So moving forward if Nabers projects as a elite #1 I go get him at 9.

I don't do the move to top 5 as that is another level of expense and I would be out at a certain point.
Old 02-24-2024, 06:31 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Well, we have the QB.

With Spags I don't think we need a franchise pass-rusher to remain near the top ten either if we kept Sneed/McDuffie.

Left Tackle isn't as valuable to me in the current NFL because of the QB we have.

Maybe if we had a statue pocket passer but Mahomes is a modern QB.

So WR would be something I would want because the current Chiefs SB Championships all had a 1 or 2 HOF pass-catchers.

Veach traded one and the other is almost aged out.

So moving forward if Nabers projects as a elite #1 I go get him at 9.

I don't do the move to top 5 as that is another level of expense and I would be out at a certain point.
This is real life. Not madden.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-24-2024, 06:37 PM   #54
Generational Player

Quote:
This is real life. Not madden.
The reality is that Veach started with 2 HOF weapons already on the roster for Mahomes and he traded one away to build the defense and the other is almost aged out.

We need an elite weapon post Kelce.

Why wait til he's done when an opportunity presents itself?

That said, I doubt Nabers is around at 9 anyway.
Old 02-25-2024, 01:12 AM   #55
MVP

Quote:
The reality is that Veach started with 2 HOF weapons already on the roster for Mahomes and he traded one away to build the defense and the other is almost aged out.

We need an elite weapon post Kelce.

Why wait til he's done when an opportunity presents itself?

That said, I doubt Nabers is around at 9 anyway.
He had two top 5 tackles at their respective sides too. The difference in wideouts at 10 vs 32 every year is marginal. The difference in tackles is massive. Anyway we aren’t going up that for or even within spitting distance. So it’s all for nothing.
Old 02-25-2024, 01:52 AM   #56
Generational Player

Quote:
He had two top 5 tackles at their respective sides too. The difference in wideouts at 10 vs 32 every year is marginal. The difference in tackles is massive. Anyway we aren’t going up that for or even within spitting distance. So it’s all for nothing.
We don't have a statue QB so elite LT is a luxury.

We have never won a SB without an elite weapon and our last one is almost gone.
Old 02-25-2024, 04:49 AM   #57
Veteran

Whole thread's a bit pointless.

It's fun to think about how awesome it would be to have a top 10 pick. But you don't get given those unless you suck, that's kind of how the draft works.

A move up to the top 10 is almost certainly bad business. What they would have to give up to get a top 10 pick would make it not worth it, even if that top 10 pick yields an elite player (which isn't guaranteed).

The Chief's don't need to go all in one elite player to win. They haven't made a top 10 pick since Mahomes in 2017, and are 3 Superbowls deep while still having a good roster.

It would be great if the Chiefs could get a #1 WR. But they can be an elite offense in 2024 without one, AND this draft has "#1 WR goes in the 2nd round" written all over it anyway.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-26-2024, 01:30 PM   #58
Veteran

Agreed. If we look back at bad moments for Mahomes, it’s been games like the raiders game where he gets pressure and doesn’t feel comfortable. I remember conversations of people saying Mahomes was seeing ghosts. I think the opposite is true if we had a franchise LT. I think Mahomes could get even better. That’s really more important than a WR. I’d love for us to trade two 1sts and sneed for a LT that could protect Mahomes for the next decade.

Quote:
The only reasonable way KC is getting into the top 10 would likely be to sell out to the Chicago Bears for #9 because I can't see the Jets wanting to move out of 10 if there's a LT on the board and that would likely be the only position we'd go up there for.

That's probably 1-32, 2-64, 4-133, and a 2025 1st at minimum. If you're lucky enough to tag Sneed and make him part of the deal, maybe you can send both 1s and Sneed. No matter what, that's incredibly expensive. If I'm doing all of that, then it's for an LT.

I think we'd take whoever is remaining between Alt and Fashanu if either were even there at 9. And honestly, I don't really have much of a preference between the two, I'd be ecstatic with either.

I absolutely would not go up there for any other position this year.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-26-2024, 02:24 PM   #59
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Hands down its Alt.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:54 PM   #60
MVP

John Alt the "Monumental Minnesotan" anchored Kansas City's offensive line for 13 seasons from his left tackle post. The stoic standard-bearer by which all future Kansas City left tackles will be judged. Played a prodigious part in the resurgence of the Chiefs franchise in the '90s.

Jim Tyrer (180) was the only offensive lineman in team history to play in more games than Alt (179). Started 149 of those games and owns a share of a franchise record by making 10 career playoff appearances, including the '93 AFC Championship Game. Earned back-to-back Pro Bowl trips following the '92 and '93 seasons. An All-Pro pick in '90-91.

A prolific pass protector, also helped Kansas City perennially produce some of the best rushing numbers in the '90s. The Chiefs led the NFL in rushing for the first time in team history in '95 and produced five top 10 finishes during his tenure. Wore jersey number 76. He was drafted by the Chiefs in the first round of the 1984 NFL Draft with the 21st overall pick. Was the third offensive lineman selected overall. Born May 30, 1962 in Stuttgart, Germany.

Last edited by ForeverChiefs58; 02-27-2024 at 04:11 PM..
ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.