Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2023, 09:14 AM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****

Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
  • Aug. 31 - South Dakoka - W
  • Sept 9 - Middle Tennessee - W
  • Sept 16 - kansas State - W
  • Sept 23 - Memphis
  • Sept 30 - @Vanderbilt
  • Oct 7 - LSU
  • Oct 14 - @Kentucky
  • Oct 21 - South Carolina
  • Nov 4 - @Georgia
  • Nov 11 - Tennessee
  • Nov 18 - Florida
  • Nov 24 - @Arkansas

Recruiting Class
Rivals

Last edited by duncan_idaho; 09-18-2023 at 07:45 AM..
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2023, 02:57 PM   #46
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
He had a torn labrum and played behind one of the worst OLs in the SEC. No shit he's going to struggle.

I'm not saying a healthy Cook is a good QB, but he's at least an average college starter.

Need I remind you he ****ing relied on a transfer RB from Truman St. last year as well.
What's our N here?

Because if 'average college starter' includes the Mountain West, I'd agree with you.

But ultimately he should be a backup in the Power 5. And that's what he was brought here to be - Bazelak didn't work out and Cook ended up with the gig.

It's pretty important to remember that 5-star QBs aren't going to let you layer them, especially not in the free transfer era. If you miss on 'your guy' then the odds are pretty good that Cook is who you end up with.

If Howell and/or Garcia can't unseat him it would suggest either a blind-spot for Cook (which I just don't think exists here) or a real problem in identifying and/or developing quality QBs.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2023, 04:14 PM   #47
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
What's our N here?

Because if 'average college starter' includes the Mountain West, I'd agree with you.

But ultimately he should be a backup in the Power 5. And that's what he was brought here to be - Bazelak didn't work out and Cook ended up with the gig.

It's pretty important to remember that 5-star QBs aren't going to let you layer them, especially not in the free transfer era. If you miss on 'your guy' then the odds are pretty good that Cook is who you end up with.

If Howell and/or Garcia can't unseat him it would suggest either a blind-spot for Cook (which I just don't think exists here) or a real problem in identifying and/or developing quality QBs.
N=133, the # of FBS teams.

If the argument is that Cook shouldn’t be a Power 5 starter, I don’t disagree. But to act as if he’s a WR playing QB for an entire season in a gimmicky offense would be inaccurate.

Wouldn’t be too concerned if Garcia can’t unseat him. Would be if Horn isn’t able to before the season ends.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-18-2023, 04:36 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:

If the argument is that Cook shouldn’t be a Power 5 starter, I don’t disagree. But to act as if he’s a WR playing QB for an entire season in a gimmicky offense would be inaccurate.

Wouldn’t be too concerned if Garcia can’t unseat him. Would be if Horn isn’t able to before the season ends.
If Cook starts, then Eli should be publicly beheaded at the first home game.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-18-2023, 04:38 PM   #49
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

Okay - I can accept that.

No, he's not Trent Hosick or anything. He's just really limited in what he can do. He's Chase Patton. Patton was smart, hard working and would've started for a number of lesser schools. Or he could've gone about .500 for those Chase Daniel era teams when a truly dynamic passer was taking the program to unprecedented levels.

He didn't start at Mizzou because we had a better guy in front of him and that's really the situation we need to find ourselves in.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2023, 06:14 PM   #50
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Aside from Vanderbilt, I’d take Cook over Mertz at Florida.
Would take Carson Beck over Cook.

Cook vs. Mertz is a true fart vs poop question.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-18-2023, 09:05 PM   #51
The Insider

Unless Horn beats out Cook, I don't see a better QB than Cook on the current roster.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2023, 09:12 PM   #52
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Okay - I can accept that.

No, he's not Trent Hosick or anything. He's just really limited in what he can do. He's Chase Patton. Patton was smart, hard working and would've started for a number of lesser schools. Or he could've gone about .500 for those Chase Daniel era teams when a truly dynamic passer was taking the program to unprecedented levels.

He didn't start at Mizzou because we had a better guy in front of him and that's really the situation we need to find ourselves in.
"Chase Daniel can win the Heisman. His backup can win the Super Bowl."
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2023, 09:52 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Unless Horn beats out Cook, I don't see a better QB than Cook on the current roster.
How do you have any idea if any QB is better than Cook? Did you see them play sometime that I didn't? There are 3 4* QBs on this roster. I have a hard time believing that none of them are better than Cook.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-18-2023, 10:57 PM   #54
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Drink should just start packing up his office.
Say he gets you to another bowl and you fire him who do you get? How often does it workout when a school fires a coach who gets you to bowls and the guy replacing him does better? Your not getting Meyer or Fitzgerald why not give him more time?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:09 AM   #55
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Say he gets you to another bowl and you fire him who do you get? How often does it workout when a school fires a coach who gets you to bowls and the guy replacing him does better? Your not getting Meyer or Fitzgerald why not give him more time?
The standard shouldn't be oh look, they barely qualified for the horse cock bowl of Limpdick, Idaho.

Yeah you ****in' fire him if he can't find a QB after 4 years. That's long enough to find somebody.

That's Scott Frost copium talk. Mizzou is SEC. Being happy with mediocre should never be acceptable.

That's half of the problem with the program currently. Too many people have accepted mediocrity.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-19-2023, 02:04 AM   #56
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
The standard shouldn't be oh look, they barely qualified for the horse cock bowl of Limpdick, Idaho.

Yeah you ****in' fire him if he can't find a QB after 4 years. That's long enough to find somebody.

That's Scott Frost copium talk. Mizzou is SEC. Being happy with mediocre should never be acceptable.

That's half of the problem with the program currently. Too many people have accepted mediocrity.
Program was in the dumps when he came along not as bad as when Pinkel took over which btw it took him several years.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2023, 07:09 AM   #57
Supporter

Quote:

So, you prefer to be like Nebraska, who fired perennial 10 win coaches in Frank Solich and Bo Pelini who then went on to suck under their replacement? Of course, if Drink could get to 10 wins, his job would be safe. But, my point is, that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. I want to see Mizzou as a championship contender. If Drink isn't the guy to get them there, so be it. But let's not get hasty about firing him. The replacement could set the team back like Nebraska's hires have set their team back.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2023, 09:02 AM   #58
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
So, you prefer to be like Nebraska, who fired perennial 10 win coaches in Frank Solich and Bo Pelini who then went on to suck under their replacement? Of course, if Drink could get to 10 wins, his job would be safe. But, my point is, that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. I want to see Mizzou as a championship contender. If Drink isn't the guy to get them there, so be it. But let's not get hasty about firing him. The replacement could set the team back like Nebraska's hires have set their team back.
That's the take you got? Sorry reading comprehension isn't a strong thing for you.

The Pelini comparison isn't relevant. We're not in a trashcan Big 10 division.

We're talking about anything beyond 6-6, not a title game appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Program was in the dumps when he came along not as bad as when Pinkel took over which btw it took him several years.
Nobody is arguing the program was a dump. I called Odom a clownshow from the start while this thread insisted he was actially really smart.

Going into year 4 though, you need to see growth. If you're hitting your ceiling and that ceiling is barely qualifying for an entry level bowl, you need to make a change.

4 years is long enough to start expecting some results. You guys are being nuts here.
Old 07-19-2023, 08:18 PM   #59
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
That's the take you got? Sorry reading comprehension isn't a strong thing for you.

The Pelini comparison isn't relevant. We're not in a trashcan Big 10 division.

We're talking about anything beyond 6-6, not a title game appearance.

Nobody is arguing the program was a dump. I called Odom a clownshow from the start while this thread insisted he was actially really smart.

Going into year 4 though, you need to see growth. If you're hitting your ceiling and that ceiling is barely qualifying for an entry level bowl, you need to make a change.

4 years is long enough to start expecting some results. You guys are being nuts here.
I guess my question is who do you think you will get after firing a guy who's taken you to a bowl every year he's been a coach at MU? I can give you countless examples of coaches who've been successful when given a little bit of time. I can also show you plenty of programs who've failed when they quick to fire a coach.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I don't exactly recall alot of proven names who were serious candidates for the job the last few times ya'll were looking. Rhule comes to mind but he was an unknown at the time. I think your expectations are a little high
Old 07-19-2023, 08:27 PM   #60
MVP

If neither Garcia or Horn can beat out Cook then it’s pretty clear that Drink is clueless in terms of QB evaluation and development.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.