Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-27-2020, 10:55 AM  
New and Improved

Back Surgery

Anyone had any experience with having multiple discs removed?

The reason I ask is tomorrow morning I'm going to have two more (had L5-S1 removed and fused already) removed. I'll end up with L3-L4-L5-S1 all fused together.
I haven't ran across anyone IRL who has had this done so I figured I'd of course come to the fountain of all knowledge and ask.
Just wondering how well it worked out, how much pain relief, effect on day to day life, etc.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:09 AM   #2
Constable of Untruths

Sounds like a pretty major procedure and fairly debilitating as far as range of motion. Good luck, Stumpy. I really hope you come out of the surgery well with a lot of pain relief.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:12 AM   #3
'Tis my eye!

My wife has 2 fused. She's in pain every day.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:14 AM   #4
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Sounds like a pretty major procedure and fairly debilitating as far as range of motion. Good luck, Stumpy. I really hope you come out of the surgery well with a lot of pain relief.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Pain relief is the goal. This last year dealing with it with only ibuprofen has not been fun.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:16 AM   #5
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
My wife has 2 fused. She's in pain every day.
Well that sucks. Sorry she has to deal with it.
I had one removed years ago while knowing this day was coming.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:17 AM   #6
Admitted Planet Junky

My cousin was in a pretty bad work accident. He ended up with 6 of them fused in the mid upper back area. Don't remember the designations but he has never been able to bend his upper back since. He can bend at the hips and that was it. He is in constant discomfort to this day. He had that surgery over a decade ago.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:19 AM   #7
Retired Bearcat

RIP

Well....bye

Antifreeze

Aids tree

Good luck
HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:20 AM   #8
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Well that sucks. Sorry she has to deal with it.
I had one removed years ago while knowing this day was coming.
Well, I'll pray for some pain relief for you brother. Your results will probably be better.

My wife has a chronic pain condition. She has 2 fused in her back, she's had multiple rounds of injections, she's had the nerves burnt, nothing has worked.

This year she's had both carpal tunnels done and luckily those aren't hurting as much anymore.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #9
MVP

Stumps, good luck...
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:28 AM   #10
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Well, I'll pray for some pain relief for you brother. Your results will probably be better.

My wife has a chronic pain condition. She has 2 fused in her back, she's had multiple rounds of injections, she's had the nerves burnt, nothing has worked.

This year she's had both carpal tunnels done and luckily those aren't hurting as much anymore.
I feel for her. Those injections are no fun. I had one done and was pain free for two days, then it gradually came back aver the next couple weeks.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:31 AM   #11
Changes pants while driving

Prayers for you. They know more about the surface of Pluto than they do about the human spine and back surgery. Hope it works out.
ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:31 AM   #12
Supporter

I know probably a dozen or more guys who have had disks removed and vertebrae fused. Every single one of them wish they never had it done, say pain is worse after than before. To be fair a family member had it done and is multiple times better.

So hopefully you get the better end out of your surgery, make sure to take your time with recovery.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:31 AM   #13
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
My cousin was in a pretty bad work accident. He ended up with 6 of them fused in the mid upper back area. Don't remember the designations but he has never been able to bend his upper back since. He can bend at the hips and that was it. He is in constant discomfort to this day. He had that surgery over a decade ago.
I'm close. After this is done I still need two more discs removed from my neck and the three vertebrae fused there. I'm about to lose count but I think that's 7 fused all together.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:33 AM   #14
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
I know probably a dozen or more guys who have had disks removed and vertebrae fused. Every single one of them wish they never had it done, say pain is worse after than before. To be fair a family member had it done and is multiple times better.

So hopefully you get the better end out of your surgery, make sure to take your time with recovery.
For me after the first one was fused it did wonders. It didn't fix me completely but made life a lot better.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:36 AM   #15
Cheat Death

No insights, but Godspeed. Hope you find the relief you’re seeking.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.