Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-22-2018, 02:30 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

**Official Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread**

A new era is born!

Mods please feel free to update this OP. Someone please put the twitter scroll in this post as well.'

Last edited by DaFace; 07-23-2018 at 09:07 AM..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:40 PM   #811
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
McKenzie is a great example of what i mean when i say scouting arrogance. I see a draft chalked full of players that weren't particularly productive and didn't do a whole lot on the college level, but instead are guys that can maybe be a "diamond in the rough" if they pan out.

This draft, for whatever reason, reminded me of the Chargers drafts under A.J Smith, in which AJ thought he was smarter than everyone else.

Maybe he IS smarter than everyone else, we'll see. But on paper, this draft is a bunch of hope and prayers.
I mean, isn't that basically every draft though?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:41 PM   #812
In Search of a Life

I'd rather a guy go get guys he wanted. It may have not been the guys I wanted him to go get, but I'd much rather see that than sit around and let his board get picked apart and take guys not rated as high.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:41 PM   #813
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I mean, isn't that basically every draft though?
Some much more than others.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:44 PM   #814

Anyway, my argument here isn't to rip on Veach.

Not at all. The jury is still out on him.

My point is to demonstrate how hyper critical CP became regarding Dorsey after his firing, and how hypocritical we are for lavishing Veach with praise.

Trying to credit Veach for Mahomes is a perfect example of that.

Dorsey drafts Mahomes:

"Yay Dorsey. Best GM in our lifetime. Thanks for our very 1st 1st round QB, "Balla ass GM"

Dorsey gets fired:

Dorsey sucked. Mahomes was all Veach anyway

ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:44 PM   #815
Veteran

You cannot really evaluate a draft before the players have had a chance to play.

Dorsey was for sure outstanding.

I am a fan of Veach as well and he will have a chance to prove that he can draft. You need to give him 2 or 3 drafts before you can judge him.
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:44 PM   #816
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
No one has evaluated them yet in the NFL. That's clearly impossible for us to do. Hence, "On paper".
Exactly. So why should I or anyone else care what it looks like on paper?

On paper, Tyreek Hill, off the field issues or not, was never going to become an elite WR. There are plenty of examples of things like that going both ways, whether the players busts or exceeds his ‘on paper’ expectations.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:44 PM   #817
MVP

Quote:
But on paper, this draft is a bunch of hope and prayers.
This only checks out if you know more about players than Veach does and until we see these guys play one minute of football that jury is still out.

If he took a tight end or something people would roast him. Chiefs had the #5 offense and was #28 in run defense. What if BPA is a receiver? I disagree with your philosophy. I disagree with your opinion that you know if any of these guys will be good.

You know who was a blue chip player? Aaron Curry. You gotta let these guys play before you bury the GM.

Personally I don't really like the O'Daniel and Watts picks but I gotta see them play first.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:46 PM   #818
In Search of a Life

That's what makes it fun, I loved the O'Daniel pick.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:49 PM   #819
MVP

I just wanted a corner and felt like what we got was another safety / linebacker hybrid for the nickel defense.

Then I found out how much they plan on playing in the nickel so maybe it makes sense.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:50 PM   #820
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
I just wanted a corner and felt like what we got was another safety / linebacker hybrid for the nickel defense.

Then I found out how much they plan on playing in the nickel so maybe it makes sense.
Yeah, in today's NFL you've gotta have a guy that can cover the middle of the field and play the run. Hopefully this guy can.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:52 PM   #821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
This only checks out if you know more about players than Veach does and until we see these guys play one minute of football that jury is still out.

If he took a tight end or something people would roast him. Chiefs had the #5 offense and was #28 in run defense. What if BPA is a receiver? I disagree with your philosophy. I disagree with your opinion that you know if any of these guys will be good.

You know who was a blue chip player? Aaron Curry. You gotta let these guys play before you bury the GM.

Personally I don't really like the O'Daniel and Watts picks but I gotta see them play first.
I am not burying the GM. My intention isn't to rip Veach. But yes, i don't like his draft so far.

And if he had picked a TE, i woulda been fine with it if he were the BPA. Fact is, the Chiefs DO need another TE. That was on my wish list. Reaching for need is how you end up with a bad team, because if that player doesn't pan out, well, you still have a freakin' hole there.

And NFL rosters need depth. So you can never go wrong with BPA. If the BPA was a receiver, and we had a receiver go down mid season or in camp, all of a sudden that pick looks damn good. Or maybe a fat contract is due, but since you went BPA and have depth at the position, you aren't forced to get bent over by a single player.

I'm not burying these players. I've stated over and over again that it's impossible for us to know how they'll turn out. But with what information i DO have, they're all project type prospects, small names regardless of where they attended. No one stands out in this draft class imo. Maybe Tremon Smith. And everyone loves that guy because of his size and speed. Mostly his speed.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:53 PM   #822
Going home eventually

Quote:
Anyway, my argument here isn't to rip on Veach.

Not at all. The jury is still out on him.

My point is to demonstrate how hyper critical CP became regarding Dorsey after his firing, and how hypocritical we are for lavishing Veach with praise.

Trying to credit Veach for Mahomes is a perfect example of that.

Dorsey drafts Mahomes:

"Yay Dorsey. Best GM in our lifetime. Thanks for our very 1st 1st round QB, "Balla ass GM"

Dorsey gets fired:

Dorsey sucked. Mahomes was all Veach anyway

Dorsey hit on some diamonds in the rough players but took projects at times that didn't make sense as well. His cap management was pitiful.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:53 PM   #823
MVP

I mean I think most of my anger came from how close we got to drafting CB Josh Jackson out of Iowa because he is so much like Peters in my opinion. But hey maybe Veach had the same issues with his lack of physicality.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:58 PM   #824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
Dorsey hit on some diamonds in the rough players but took projects at times that didn't make sense as well. His cap management was pitiful.
No GM is perfect. There's always going to be some of that. You just don't want your whole draft class being that, which is basically what our '18 draft class is.

As Rain Man pointed out, our drafts were HIGHLY successful. Best in the league according to his metrics.

And the cap management thing? Again, what has Veach done that Dorsey wouldn't have?

Hali, DJ and Alex were always going to be cap casualties.

We rip Dorsey for inflated contracts, yet not one person in this conversation today has said shit about the Watkins deal.

Again, this is because Dorsey is no longer one of ours, therefore bad in hindsight. Veach IS one of ours, therefore wait and see and all things good.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:59 PM   #825
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

After seeing this team blow playoff games on a few occasions and lack that killer instinct, I love to hear Veach talk about creating a physical, tough team. That’s just my view though.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.