Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2024, 06:28 AM   #2
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Flopping is awful but it does seem to be something you see mostly in Spanish and Latin American leagues/teams. The Premier League, for instance, isn't really that bad about it. They play pretty physical.

But Brazil is, without question, the absolute worst. Even as an extremely casual 'fan' (i.e. I watch it because my kids play it and sometimes they want to watch it), it's easy to see it. Brazil and Mexico are the worst offenders and then there are several other South American squads that aren't as bad but still awfully bad. Spain and Portugal probably next.

Italian and French teams take a bit of heat for it but i really don't think they're too bad. English and German teams don't do it much at all. Americans do it a bit, but nowhere near as egregiously.

Ultimately I think diving is largely cultural. If someone told me they had academies for it at an early age in Brazil, I'd absolutely believe them. I truly believe they celebrate it. And the frustrating part about Brazil is they don't have any sort of talent gap they're trying to close. When Nigeria does it, they're doing it to try to close a gap between them and their opponent - the soccer version of 'uglying up the game' so you can steal one.

But when Brazil does it, it's just them being monumental pussies. Because they are, in fact, monumental pussies.
Yep
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.