Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 AM  
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

And so the "Matt Cassel to KC" Rumors Begin...

As if they hadn't started already...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...&position=also

Matt Cassel draws interest

TAMPA - They might not have been one of the two Super Bowl participants last night, but the Patriots [team stats] still generated a lot of talk on Radio Row during the week.

With Matt Cassel making the rounds, there was plenty of speculation on how much interest he would draw should the Pats apply the franchise tag and then trade him.

The pundits’ top pick to land Cassel in that scenario is Kansas City. Obviously, the Scott Pioli factor weighs heavily in that choice, with the Pats former vice president of player personnel now calling the shots for the Chiefs.

“I’d really look at Pioli down there in Kansas City. Why wouldn’t he want him?” Sirius NFL radio analyst Jim Miller said. “He knows what the kid is capable of doing. So I think he’d be on their radar.”

Miller, like most analysts, doesn’t see the crop of quarterbacks in this year’s NFL Draft as particularly appealing. That boosts the draw for Cassel, especially if Pioli decides he’s not satisfied with the collection of QBs he inherited after taking over the job.

“I don’t think this is a strong quarterback draft. Everybody is saying Matthew Stafford of Georgia and Mark Sanchez of USC are going to go in the Top 10. I don’t believe that,” Miller said. “I don’t think those guys are ready. And I don’t think you’ll see the type of success guys like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco had. They just haven’t played enough. So I can’t see teams wanting them.

“But if Kansas (City) were to make that deal, that’s their Matt Ryan. That’s their Joe Flacco. Unlike a Sanchez, for instance, they know he’s playing at a starter’s level. So to them, I think it’d be worth it to do. They’d get their starting quarterback, they know what he’s capable of doing, and they’ve seen him win games at the NFL level.”

Other experts, meanwhile, aren’t sure Pioli would want to deal with his former boss right out of the gate.

Some other teams figuring to make a pitch for Cassel include the New York Jets, Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Chicago.

As for what Cassel would land in a trade, there were differing opinions. Miller, for one, thought he would cost a second-round draft choice.

The decision to trade or keep Cassel will ultimately depend on Tom Brady [stats]’s health. While reports have him on target to play in the season opener, he still has a few hurdles to clear before that point following reconstructive surgery on his left knee and a subsequent staph infection.

“I think a lot is going to depend on where Kevin O’Connell is in his development. If they feel they can move Matt to benefit their team, they’ll do it,” said Miller, a one-time Pats backup quarterback. “It’s rolling the dice on Tom and whether he’s healthy, and two, can they do it with Kevin O’Connell? The question they have to ask is if O’Connell is as capable of what they have in Matt Cassel?”
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #316
**** That Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
The resident Football gods point to the Ryan argument as their only claim to fame. You guys have used this line more often than Charlie Sheen using his favorite whore. Enough already! Matt Ryan was a gamble that high by all available evidence at the time. Atlanta rolled the dice and hit snake eyes with it. That's all. I predicted that Clady was a good choice for us and look how I was right. But this is the 1st time I have come anywhere close to using it to argue my Football prowess. GROW THE F**K UP!
How about Jay Cutler and Carson Palmer who put up identical stats to Stafford? Are the two guys who physically compare to Stafford going to be shitty NFL QB's too?
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #317
Keep doubting J MFing Houston

I'm really tired of people saying that Cassel performed almost the same as Brady, and compare his season to Brady's first. Brady wasn't throwing to Randy Moss, and Wes Welker his first season. You cannot compare the two. With the same cast Brady threw 50 fuqin TDs. The production is nowhere near the same. Take Moss, and Welker away from Cassel, and he does shit IMO.
beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #318
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
face it, hes the worst top round QB to come out since Alex Smith
I'm afraid you MAY be right.
Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #319
**** That Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach tribe View Post
I,m really tired of people saying that Cassel performed almost the same as Brady, and compare his season to Brady's first. Brady wasn't throwing to Randy Moss, and Wes Welker his first season. You cannot compare the two. With the same cast Brady threw 50 fuqin TDs. The production is nowhere near the same. Take Moss, and Welker away from Cassel, and he does shit IMO.
You can't argue with the resident reeruns.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #320
**** That Noise

Quote:
I'm afraid you MAY be right.
If Alex Smith is who they remind you of then you are further proving why your an idiot and your opinion doesn't matter.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #321
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach tribe View Post
I,m really tired of people saying that Cassel performed almost the same as Brady, and compare his season to Brady's first. Brady wasn't throwing to Randy Moss, and Wes Welker his first season. You cannot compare the two. With the same cast Brady threw 50 fuqin TDs. The production is nowhere near the same. Take Moss, and Welker away from Cassel, and he does shit IMO.
HEY!!!!!!!! Don't you realize that Cassel didn't have Laurence Maroney!!!!!!1111111!!!!1!!!!!?!?!?(#!!!!!

Oh, wait.... you mean the Patriots actually had a stronger rushing offense in 2008 than in both 2007 & 2006? Really? Oh, well nevermind then..
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 02-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #322
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
Nice. Make a fallacious claim and pass it as fact. When it's questioned, refuse to back it up.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me the last time a team traded out of the #3 overall selection.

Finally, you claim to have followed and observed the NFL for a good long time. Honestly, it doesn't show. At all.
Obviously you have watched the NFL for a few years. Wow, to have gained all that knowledge in that short a time.
Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #323
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRon View Post
Are you a politician?
No, a realist.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #324
**** That Noise

Quote:
No, a realist.
Maybe a real dumbass.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #325
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
No, a realist.
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 02-03-2009, 12:15 PM   #326
Starter

Quote:
No, a realist.
A realist? Expecting us to trade out of #3?

Seriously?!?
ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #327
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
How about Jay Cutler and Carson Palmer who put up identical stats to Stafford? Are the two guys who physically compare to Stafford going to be shitty NFL QB's too?
I did not watch Cutler, but I did Palmer througout his college years I always wanted him for the Chiefs and did not jump on his bandwagon in his senior year. Let me repeat, I WATCHED HIM. What I saw was not only physical talent, but leadership and maturity. I began this past season targetting Stafford as my future pick for the Chiefs in case Croyle failed. I was quite excited about him. Unfortunately what I saw when I WATCHED HIM cooled me off about him quite a bit. What I saw, unfortunately, was someone halfway between Carson Palmer and Ryan Leaf. That to me indicates too much of a gamble at 3.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #328
PermaBanned

Quote:
I have seen many trades done that way.
All right. Name one.

Look, you backed yourself into a bit of a corner with this statement. Just admit that you probably ****ed up and move on.

We've all been there from time to time.

For the record, the last time I remember a team trading out of a top 3 pick was in 1990. Atlanta traded out of the #1 pick with Indianapolis, and the Colts selected Jeff George.
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #329
**** That Noise

Palmer's junior year: 2,717yds, 58.6%, 13 TD, and 12 int
Palmer's senior year:3,942 yards, 63.2%, 33 TDs and 10 int

Cutler's junior year: 1844yds, 61%, 10 TD, 5 int, 134.81 rating
Cutler's senior year: 3073yds, 59.1%, 21 TD, 9 int, 126.07 rating

Stafford's junior year: 3209yds, 61.1%, 22TD, 9int, 153.17 rating
Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #330
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
If Alex Smith is who they remind you of then you are further proving why your an idiot and your opinion doesn't matter.
The tried and true recourse of one without a strong case. Start calling your counterpart names to shitcover your own lack of confidence in your argument. I hope you feel better now.