Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2024, 09:14 AM  
In Search of a Life

Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?

Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.

Last edited by staylor26; 04-25-2024 at 06:21 AM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:32 PM   #526
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
Thought you were pretty dug in on McConkey. Your logic for why they'd pick him was quite sound. But I get it. All the smoke about Veach wanting to go after an OT is hard to ignore.
That's just what Burt wants you to think...
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 01:41 PM   #527
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
Thought you were pretty dug in on McConkey. Your logic for why they'd pick him was quite sound. But I get it. All the smoke about Veach wanting to go after an OT is hard to ignore.
The debate going on in my head is whether the Chiefs are more likely to trade up or stay put.

I've been adamant throughout the last few weeks that it's likely either trade up for a LT, or take a WR at 32.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:41 PM   #528
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
That's just what Burt wants you to think...
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:41 PM   #529
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
Watch us draft someone and we're all like...Who?
Nah - these bases have been pretty well covered.

It's gonna be someone we've been talking about for a bit. Most surprising candidate that I could maybe see happening if he slipped would be Cooper DeJean who nobody's really discussed but mostly because he's a DB that's likely to go top 15-20. Seems unlikely we're trading up for a DB in this draft.

But man, Spags would LOVE that kid. He'd be a supercharged Mathieu in this defense. Or a really clean replacement for Sneed that could also slide to the slot/box in 3-safety looks.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:42 PM   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
The debate going on in my head is whether the Chiefs are more likely to trade up or stay put.

I've been adamant throughout the last few weeks that it's trade up for a LT, or take a WR at 32.
Bottom line is that I don't think we'll pay what it takes to get past 18ish and if this draft goes chalk I don't see anyone worth making that move for past about 15/16.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:43 PM   #531
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Bottom line is that I don't think we'll pay what it takes to get past 18ish and if this draft goes chalk I don't see anyone worth making that move for past about 15/16.
It's definitely possible that you're right.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:44 PM   #532
MVP

Quote:
Nah - these bases have been pretty well covered.

It's gonna be someone we've been talking about for a bit. Most surprising candidate that I could maybe see happening if he slipped would be Cooper DeJean who nobody's really discussed but mostly because he's a DB that's likely to go top 15-20. Seems unlikely we're trading up for a DB in this draft.

But man, Spags would LOVE that kid. He'd be a supercharged Mathieu in this defense. Or a really clean replacement for Sneed that could also slide to the slot/box in 3-safety looks.
Shit this is the first DB scenario that has made sense
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:45 PM   #533
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
I have a feeling nobody is going to be willing to trade with Veach unless he allows himself to get absolutely fleeced, so I hope he doesn't do that. Unless of course they have someone on their board they have decided is their next must have guy, I hope they just stand pat at 32. I do have a feeling they have their eye on someone huge (I still have a nostalgic soft spot hoping they want to pull off a blockbuster and land Alt) so it'll be really interesting to see if anyone is willing to bite.

I've been thinking for months it will be Jordan Morgan at 32, so I'll stick with that. Seems like a very safe pick, his pass blocking last year was tremendous, just 2 sacks allowed in 477 drop backs and 37 starts at LT, he's NFL ready. If we can't make a huge move, I think he's the guy.
Rams will. Played poker with Stafford and Veach last night in Leawood. It's happening. Brian Thomas Jr. gonna look good in Red, White and Gold...
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:46 PM   #534
MVP

Quote:
If you want an OT or Brian Thomas, it has to be 16 at the latest. After that, you aren't finding a dance partner until 22, which puts you in the Ad Mitchell/Xavier Worthy field. Tackles remaining are Morgan, Guyton, Shacklebolt.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:47 PM   #535

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
Shit this is the first DB scenario that has made sense
It's really the only one I can come up with.

I kinda feel like the other two 'premium' DBs in this class are largely wasted on us. Those are your very traditional hyper-athletic sorts of guys and I just feel like we get diminishing returns on those. We can take a lesser athlete and get him playing NEAR that level so I don't think we draft for premier athletic traits at that position.

But if you take those traits and add DeJeans physicality, versatility and play strenght/aggression, you get a guy that will absolutely turn Spags head.

If he could have any defensive player in this entire draft, I think he might just choose DeJean. Over Murphy/Newton or any of the DEs.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:48 PM   #536

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
If you want an OT or Brian Thomas, it has to be 16 at the latest. After that, you aren't finding a dance partner until 22, which puts you in the Ad Mitchell/Xavier Worthy field. Tackles remaining are Morgan, Guyton, Shacklebolt.
19 is viable, IMO.

But yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you. 16 is the landing spot. And if they'd take 32 and next year's 2nd for it we might just do it. But I don't think they would.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 01:48 PM   #537
MVP

Quote:
It's really the only one I can come up with.

I kinda feel like the other two 'premium' DBs in this class are largely wasted on us. Those are your very traditional hyper-athletic sorts of guys and I just feel like we get diminishing returns on those. We can take a lesser athlete and get him playing NEAR that level so I don't think we draft for premier athletic traits at that position.

But if you take those traits and add DeJeans physicality, versatility and play strenght/aggression, you get a guy that will absolutely turn Spags head.

If he could have any defensive player in this entire draft, I think he might just choose DeJean. Over Murphy/Newton or any of the DEs.
stop making sense I want Brian Thomas
Old 04-25-2024, 01:49 PM   #538
In Search of a Life

It'll take next years 1
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:49 PM   #539
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
It'll take next years 1
aka pick 32 i'm fine with it
Old 04-25-2024, 01:51 PM   #540
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
It'll take next years 1
I think next year's 2nd and our 3rd this year might get it done.