Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2024, 08:18 AM  
Supporter

Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust

penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:28 AM   #241
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
So I will ask the question....are you saying that you are absolutely sure that Caleb Williams will become the next Patrick Mahomes (like we seem to see with every new crop of QB) or will he become the next Johnny Manziel?

Talent doesn't guarantee a winner....especially if the brain attached to it doesn't show the maturity to face the certain adversity that will come with the pressure of being the guaranteed #1 pick.
There is no way of knowing that, but he is far more talented than Manziel. If I am Chicago I would rather roll the dice with him and strike out than go with a “safer” pick and watch Williams ball out elsewhere. He doesn’t have to be the next Mahomes to make Chicago regret passing on him.

Sometimes players come into the league with maturity issues and grow out of them, but the talent is undeniable. A certain TE in KC comes to mind in that regard.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM   #242
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
But it is the one that everyone uses these days....sorry but that is just how it is.

I think if he gets to be the 7th best QB in his first hear then the Bears are right for taking him.

But if he is more Justin Fields redux or Kenny Pickett then everyone will jump on the failure bandwagon.

No question the capability is there...but does he have the mental make up to work past the pressure he will face.

Some have wilted with less pressure.

The comparison is made because of style of play and arm talent. You can separate that from he needs to be as good as Mahomes or he’s a failure. Regardless his college team’s record is irrelevant. Just like when the previous year the team went 11-3 that didn’t matter either.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:35 AM   #243
Most Valuable Villain

The amount of guys whining about a dude painting his nails is hilarious.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 09:36 AM   #244
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
The amount of guys whining about a dude painting his nails is hilarious.
I paint my nails & wear lipstick. I get more pussy than 3/4 of this thread
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:43 AM   #245
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Penix surprised me with how well he threw in his undies in Indy because i thought back to how badly he was missing guys on the biggest stage of his life in a real, championship football game.
Did you think back to how well he played against Texas in the Semi-Finals where he had almost an 80% completion rate, 400 yards , and 2 TDs? He didn't have his best game against Michigan. I think that entire Washington team was aware that Michigan was the better team and they were all pressing. Penix will learn from that game. He's been injury free for 2 seasons and he outplayed Caleb Williams this past season. I think he is an intriguing prospect and is going to surprise a lot of people at the next level.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 09:48 AM   #246
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
After watching the QBs throw at the combine, Chicago should draft Caleb Williams and then trade him to the Atlanta Falcons for the #8 pick and their next 2 first round picks. They could then draft Joe Alt at #8 and Michael Penix at #9. After watching Penix throw, I think he is this draft's CJ Stroud.
Penix is 24 years old. He is about the same age as Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:48 AM   #247
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
He was thought to be a good pick. Nobody thoight it was some crazy pick. Just looks that way now.
Chiefs wanted Marino; drafted Blackledge because Mackovic wanted him. I never thought he got a real chance to succeed. At the time, the Chiefs were playing musical QBs with Kenney, Fuller and Blackledge. It was a mess. I think Todd/Page still hold the record for most yards in a single game by a Chiefs QB/WR combo.

Anyways, I've learned a lot about myself in this thread. Mostly about how old people like myself are supposed to think about race and painting fingernails.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 09:49 AM   #248
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
But the Bears and other teams at the top of the draft will have his medical records. So who cares?
No kidding. If you know that under any negative circumstances come up, you are still going in the top 5, just give it to them.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:55 AM   #249
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
Chiefs wanted Marino; drafted Blackledge because Mackovic wanted him. I never thought he got a real chance to succeed. At the time, the Chiefs were playing musical QBs with Kenney, Fuller and Blackledge. It was a mess. I think Todd/Page still hold the record for most yards in a single game by a Chiefs QB/WR combo.
I'm getting old but my memory is that Todd had way too long of a leash. He should never have been picked. Allowed to start and or play so long and so many snaps. He is a shining example of the bad ole days.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:09 AM   #250
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
I paint my nails & wear lipstick. I get more pussy than 3/4 of this thread
Postop cooch doesn't count
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 10:11 AM   #251
Veteran

Quote:
Did you think back to how well he played against Texas in the Semi-Finals where he had almost an 80% completion rate, 400 yards , and 2 TDs? He didn't have his best game against Michigan. I think that entire Washington team was aware that Michigan was the better team and they were all pressing. Penix will learn from that game. He's been injury free for 2 seasons and he outplayed Caleb Williams this past season. I think he is an intriguing prospect and is going to surprise a lot of people at the next level.
Yeah. I was (am?) a Penix fan. I'm originally from Wash so i follow them so there's a bit of bitterness to my comment--along with a loathing of all things Hairball--so take it with a grain of salt. He really did catch my attention with his accuracy at the combine though.
rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:21 AM   #252
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Penix is 24 years old. He is about the same age as Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields
And?
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:25 AM   #253
The Insider

Quote:
And?
He is extremely old for a rookie. Those don't work out
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:27 AM   #254
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
The comparison is made because of style of play and arm talent. You can separate that from he needs to be as good as Mahomes or he’s a failure. Regardless his college team’s record is irrelevant. Just like when the previous year the team went 11-3 that didn’t matter either.
Again....if he is the 7th best QB in the league the the Bears are right for picking him and he is not a failure.

Everyone was sure Tua was the next Mahomes....Trevor Lawrence was a generational talent....neither has lived up to expectations.

I'm saying that being a #1 pick carries a lot of pressure that some can't/won't handle well.

We will see how he does..
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:33 AM   #255
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Sometimes players come into the league with maturity issues and grow out of them, but the talent is undeniable. A certain TE in KC comes to mind in that regard.
Strawman argument....there is a whole world of difference between the maturity level of a later round TE pick and the consensus #1 QB pick.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.