Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:45 PM   #4681
I'll be back.

IBIO is absolutely going to skyrocket.

Quote:
Trump plans 'Operation Warp Speed' to rush coronavirus vaccine development

WASHINGTON (BLOOMBERG) - The Trump administration is organising an effort to drastically cut the time needed to develop a coronavirus vaccine, with the goal of making enough doses for most Americans by year's end.

Called "Operation Warp Speed," the programme will pull together private pharmaceutical companies, government agencies and the military to try to cut the development time for a vaccine by as much as eight months, according to two people familiar with the matter.

The project's goal is to have 300 million doses of vaccine available by January, according to one administration official. There is no precedent for such rapid development of a vaccine.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:05 AM   #4682
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
It sure is crushing it today!

lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:07 AM   #4683
I'll be back.

You just need to wait for news, grasshopper. Patience.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:57 AM   #4684
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Hope it works out for you man. I really feel for you livestock dudes. Things are horrible in the grains (especially when it refuses to rain). But your situation is a bloodbath.

I’m listening to this WWI book in the tractor and essentially us grain guys are in trench warfare. You all are doing cavalry charges at machine guns.
That's about what it feels like.

The southern feeders kicking the hornet's nest right before the Kung Flu blew up was just terrible timing. They're showing no mercy. When they say "No Bids", it's 100% a "go **** yourself and eat your steers, we aren't buying them". I've never seen it this cut throat. I caught a tip from a buyer a while back and sent a load of old cows to a sale everyone was expecting a bloodbath at and they sold in the high 70s. Twice what I expected and then I noticed several cull bulls sold for MORE than the current fat quotes. Those mother****ers were a "no bid" in the country while quietly scavenging for the hamburger we all knew they needed at po dunk sale barns.

If I get out of this turn, I'm afraid my banker has lost his edge and isn't going to let me back in at the same level. I can only cash roll about 1/3 of normal and that isn't enough for me to pencil in better margins on the crop side like I have by walking most of the profit off the place instead of hauling. If the bankers don't let the young guys back in I'm afraid there's going to be a fundamental shift just like there was on the hog side in ~98, which could even cause a change on the local crop/feed supply side as well.

I don't want to push this to DC, but a group has apparently finally got to Trump's ear. I have little faith anything out of DC will actually be a good thing, but I guess we'll see. The worst they can do is **** up an already broken toy.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:05 AM   #4685
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post

The southern feeders kicking the hornet's nest right before the Kung Flu blew up was just terrible timing. They're showing no mercy. When they say "No Bids", it's 100% a "go **** yourself and eat your steers, we aren't buying them". I've never seen it this cut throat. I caught a tip from a buyer a while back and sent a load of old cows to a sale everyone was expecting a bloodbath at and they sold in the high 70s. Twice what I expected and then I noticed several cull bulls sold for MORE than the current fat quotes. Those mother****ers were a "no bid" in the country while quietly scavenging for the hamburger we all knew they needed at po dunk sale barns.

If I get out of this turn, I'm afraid my banker has lost his edge and isn't going to let me back in at the same level. I can only cash roll about 1/3 of normal and that isn't enough for me to pencil in better margins on the crop side like I have by walking most of the profit off the place instead of hauling. If the bankers don't let the young guys back in I'm afraid there's going to be a fundamental shift just like there was on the hog side in ~98, which could even cause a change on the local crop/feed supply side as well.

I don't want to push this to DC, but a group has apparently finally got to Trump's ear. I have little faith anything out of DC will actually be a good thing, but I guess we'll see. The worst they can do is **** up an already broken toy.
Heard a rumor that the Oligarchy ****ed up by shutting down a food processor plant when some workers caught the Rona, then reallocated the workers from that shut down plant to others which in turn spread more Rona cases.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2020, 10:31 AM   #4686
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post

Good news is your buyer buddy did you a solid.

I don’t know what’s going to happen if cow calf guys have to miss a turn. It would really **** up the supply hard for a long time. Back in 12 when the hay shortage in the south dudes sold some stock it took 5 years to recover. If wide swaths of dudes sell out, yikes.

The interesting thing about cow calf is that it doesn’t scale well. Feeder operations scale easy. Hell grain scales way better than cow calf. Thing about cow calf is you have to run them over the same number of acres no matter what. You can’t concentrate them anywhere.

Nonetheless here’s to hoping you’re the guy that survives the cavalry charge and some dude writes a book about your diary in 100 years.

I’ll dig my trench a little deeper.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2020, 10:42 AM   #4687
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
It sure is crushing it today!

Quote:
You just need to wait for news, grasshopper. Patience.
Clay, you are the "Cooler" for stocks.

Better than Bill Macy ever could be for gambling.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:59 PM   #4688
MVP

Bought 10 AMZN earlier today. Wish me luck in 2 minutes.
wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-30-2020, 02:22 PM   #4689
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutamess View Post
Bought 10 AMZN earlier today. Wish me luck in 2 minutes.
Oh no, they missed EPS. God speed to ya!
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2020, 02:36 PM   #4690
Andy Reid Supporter

Apple, Microsoft and Paycom all topped earnings estimates. I did not see that coming.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:15 PM   #4691
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
Oh no, they missed EPS. God speed to ya!
Story of my life. I'll hold. They're good for it eventually.
wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:19 PM   #4692
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Story of my life. I'll hold. They're good for it eventually.
Didn't you pull a bunch of money out of stocks as this whole thing hit? That ended up being a good move.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:35 PM   #4693
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Didn't you pull a bunch of money out of stocks as this whole thing hit? That ended up being a good move.
Yes and no. I managed to lose just 5-8% as of now. Gradually going back in. Problem is, I'm thinking we're due for a pullback soon.

My other problem is this election cycle means Trump will keep the market inflated til November I'm thinking.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:39 PM   #4694
Supporter

Quote:
Yes and no. I managed to lose just 5-8% as of now. Gradually going back in. Problem is, I'm thinking we're due for a pullback soon.

My other problem is this election cycle means Trump will keep the market inflated til November I'm thinking.
At risk of DCing this thing up, you realize presidents can't will the stock market to do shit right? If they could it would literally never go down.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:41 PM   #4695
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
At risk of DCing this thing up, you realize presidents can't will the stock market to do shit right? If they could it would literally never go down.
Just my personal belief. If he does he does, if he doesn't he doesn't. I just think he's going to do everything possible and big business will too.

I feel his re-election is riding on it. Good or bad.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk