Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 07-30-2020, 02:45 PM  
Hockey Town

Anyone ever experience burnout?

I feel like I'm there, I was there before Covid and feel like it's worse now. I legit have no motivation to do anything and I know I'm pessimistic and not fun to be around for the most part. If anyone wants further stuff I can deep dive but I need some advice because I feel like I'm stuck in the wallow not to escape.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:02 PM   #136
mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Everything about covid is like having the TV on 24 7 after 9-11. Just had to shut the damn thing off
Exactly this
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:19 PM   #137
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post

And as I look back, what could possibly be more fun than being at your kids school, telling them the story of, say, Enos Slaughter's mad dash? Or Tom Lawless' HR and original bat flip? Or leading them in a terrible rendition of Take Me Out To The Ball Game"! on Opening Day? Nothing could be better.
why don’t you discuss Cardinals baseball in the thread with us on here?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:43 PM   #138
best in the biz

"The loneliness social media summons"

/Parker Millsap

You're forty. right?

That means you've spent at least half you life or more having your brain riddled
with images and information, as opposed to imagination.

Lots of great advice in here.
Working out
Hobby
Volunteer/serving

And a few important ones in my opinion.

You're the head of the household and responsible for everyone. Just like we don't pay ourselves before our bills, men tend to put others before themselves.

You've got to do things JUST for you. Whatever that is. I suggest creating, using your hands or simple solitude, outside is even better. Learn something new. I just assembled my first chopper from the ground up. Never knew I had it in me.

Turn off every screen. Get away from ALL media for 30 days. Get away from the constant barrage, which seems mostly negative. Enjoy your family. Find joy in the simple things in life. There's a ton out there.

As I read recently, somewhere right now a guy is under a waterfall without his phone, totally unaware of how scared he should be.

Covid has taken away a lot of recreation, and added a lot of stress. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"

You're a smart guy, Mecca, I'm confident you'll figure it out.

That said, kudos for having the courage to open up a much needed conversation that can hopefully help you and others.

Hang in there.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:47 PM   #139
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
"The loneliness social media summons"

/Parker Millsap

You're forty. right?

That means you've spent at least half you life or more having your brain riddled
with images and information, as opposed to imagination.

Lots of great advice in here.
Working out
Hobby
Volunteer/serving

And a few important ones in my opinion.

You're the head of the household and responsible for everyone. Just like we don't pay ourselves before our bills, men tend to put others before themselves.

You've got to do things JUST for you. Whatever that is. I suggest creating, using your hands or simple solitude, outside is even better. Learn something new. I just assembled my first chopper from the ground up. Never knew I had it in me.

Turn off every screen. get away form all media for thirty days. Get away from the constant barrage, which seems mostly negative. Enjoy your family. Find joy in the simple things in life. There's a ton out there.

As I read recently, somewhere right now a guy is under a waterfall without his phone, totally unaware of how scared he should be.

Covid has taken away a lot of recreation, and added a lot of stress. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"

You're a smart guy, Mecca, I'm confident you'll figure it out.

That said, kudos for having the courage to open up a much needed conversation that can hopefully help you and others.

Hang in there.
You ever experienced it in your line? Perhaps an artistic block (like writers block)?
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:53 PM   #140
legend

It's important to identify what's making you feel like this. Sometimes it's not what it seems. You may feel a "burnout" and think that it's deep-rooted in your day-to-day activities when really it's all in your head and you may feel like this no matter what your activities are.
KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:55 PM   #141
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post

Hang in there.
Excellent point.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:26 PM   #142
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

So Sunday I was headed out with all my fishing 🎣 gear and kayak loaded for a week fishing vacation. Nothing was going stop me except breaking down on the side of the road because transmission decides to fail. ****. Had to get it hauled back to home and **** myself for the rest of the week. All I've done this week is sleep and watch a couple horror movies but mostly sleep. FML.

Go back to work Monday without getting to catch a damn 🐟 no opportunities this year because I've had to put off my vacation twice because of covid.

This year sucks (except the part winning Super Bowl LIV)

All I do is work and I can't afford missing overtime but I took the week off anyways because I have over 170 vacation to burn. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:46 PM   #143
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
So Sunday I was headed out with all my fishing �� gear and kayak loaded for a week fishing vacation. Nothing was going stop me except breaking down on the side of the road because transmission decides to fail. ****. Had to get it hauled back to home and **** myself for the rest of the week. All I've done this week is sleep and watch a couple horror movies but mostly sleep. FML.

Go back to work Monday without getting to catch a damn �� no opportunities this year because I've had to put off my vacation twice because of covid.

This year sucks (except the part winning Super Bowl LIV)

All I do is work and I can't afford missing overtime but I took the week off anyways because I have over 170 vacation to burn. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
I don't know how you do what you do and not get ****ed up somehow. Respect to you, man. For a myriad of reasons.

And you vacation thing struck me. I get like 56 weeks/year (including sick days) and can't ever seem to take it.

Last edited by eDave; 07-31-2020 at 11:00 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:30 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
I don't know how you do what you do and not get ****ed up somehow. Respect to you, man. For a myriad of reasons.

And you vacation thing struck me. I get like 56 weeks/year (including sick days) and can't ever seem to take it.
Well **** I've already had to put off my fishing vacation two or three times because of covid BS.

No I don't kn6how I do it sometimes I guess I have a knack for it. I about got into it with a patient again that I've put in holds numerous of times that gets old but I says are you going hit me? I got in trouble for agtagaizing him but he yelled at my nurse pissed me off. But then I told him go to seclusion and punch the matress it doesn't hurt your hand. He did then laughed what a big dumb dumb. Then we fist bump after he is out of seclusion. Next day he was sent back to lock down unit for threatening our nite nurse with a chair but she is badass herself and grabbed the chair threatened him and he cowered away. Guy is strong but slow and dumb. I don't know how I do it sometimes. But I look at entertainment value some patients are rather fun to work with others can deal without. Like any job take the good with the bad and you have your facts of life.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:39 PM   #145
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Well **** I've already had to put off my fishing vacation two or three times because of covid BS.

No I don't kn6how I do it sometimes I guess I have a knack for it. I about got into it with a patient again that I've put in holds numerous of times that gets old but I says are you going hit me? I got in trouble for agtagaizing him but he yelled at my nurse pissed me off. But then I told him go to seclusion and punch the matress it doesn't hurt your hand. He did then laughed what a big dumb dumb. Then we fist bump after he is out of seclusion. Next day he was sent back to lock down unit for threatening our nite nurse with a chair but she is badass herself and grabbed the chair threatened him and he cowered away. Guy is strong but slow and dumb. I don't know how I do it sometimes. But I look at entertainment value some patients are rather fun to work with others can deal without. Like any job take the good with the bad and you have your facts of life.
Yea, that's freakin' crazy. I'd love to shadow you for a week. Maybe right a book. Hell of a dude you are.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:51 PM   #146

Quote:
Yea, that's freakin' crazy. I'd love to shadow you for a week. Maybe right a book. Hell of a dude you are.
I'm flattered you think so but it's actually pretty easy job and judging the staff they hire sometimes I question how the **** or what were they thinking hiring them in the first place? So anyone can do my job but I just think common sense is most important but unfortunately I don't see much of that from administration and why things are the way they are.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:55 PM   #147
I got Rice cookin in the micro

I remember reaper said he was burned out before transitioning. Something you might want to think of.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:43 AM   #148
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
I remember reaper said he was burned out before transitioning. Something you might want to think of.
To what?
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:41 AM   #149

Quote:
The ones that make me nervous or worry about on my unit are the severe skitsophrinick you just do know what the voices are telling them to do. Now I often wonder when I'm doing checks and a patient is alone sitting in the sun room that's at the end of the hall by himself and laughs, I wonder what good joke his voices are telling him. What is so funny? 🃏
Old 08-01-2020, 06:06 AM   #150
Veteran

Without going into any great details: Find somebody not family, not friends, not colleagues to talk to....generally that means getting professional help.
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli