Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 05-18-2018, 07:29 PM  
Shaken. Not stirred.

Shared fences and other property issues

I have some problematic neighbors that allow a their weed and bush overgrowth to constantly take over the shared fence in my back yard. I trim this shit back multiple times per year and am getting rather sick of it invading my yard. What's really aggravating is that five feet of my yard is on their side of the fence. Unfortunately the fence has been there since before we moved in. It's a battle I'm tired of fighting.

I'm curious what others in similar situations have done. I've tried talking to them before but none of them give a shit since the growth from their weeds is on my side. Not their problem and all that BS.

Picture attached for reference. I don't think antifreeze and aids infected needles will help here.

Last edited by 007; 05-18-2018 at 10:47 PM..
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:10 PM   #16
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I have some problematic neighbors that allow a their weed and bush overgrowth to constantly take over the shared fence in my back yard. I trim this shit back multiple times per year and am getting rather sick of it invading my yard. What's really aggravating is that five feet of my yard is on their side of the fence. Unfortunately the fence has been there since before we moved in. It's a battle I'm tired of fighting.

I'm curious what others in similar situations have done. I've tried talking to them before but none of them give a shit since the growth from their weeds is on my side. Not their problem and all that BS.

Picture attached for reference. I don't think antifreeze and aids infected needles will help here.
Pay to get your corner's found from a land survey company. This will truly determine where your property corners are. Once you know exactly where your property corners are (this is vital information) then you can move the fence to your property corners.

Now, here's the deal: if your neighbors complain about you moving the fence, tell them tough, that you have no choice, because they refuse to deal with the overgrowth. This "may" motivate them to say "ok, we will do something about the overgrowth".

Now, if the fence has been in place longer than 7 years, you may have no legal right to move the fence, even though it is not on the property line or close to the property line, because after seven years, the courts can decide that it's the "understood" boundary. Regardless, get your property surveyed, find your corners, go from there. Don't assume you know where your corners are.
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-18-2018, 08:11 PM   #17
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
When we moved into our house (brand new) - the proximity to the other neighbors house was about 12 feet (more or less). I decided to put up a vinyl fence in our back yard. I hired a survey company to come out and determine the EXACT property lines. They did and we put up the fence.

The neighbors were livid. They were CERTAIN that we had violated their property line so they brought out their own surveyors. Unfortunately, they were not happy. The problem was that where our fence started - left them about 2 feet to attempt to manuever a law mower through.

So, they had to go on the other side of their house to get through.

Point? Bring out a surveyor and let HIM determine (legally) where the property line is.
We know where it is because it was surveyed before we purchased. Plus our gas meter is in their yard. Well one of the yards. I not looking to get legal, rather just to figure out how to deal with the situation civilly.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:14 PM   #18

Quote:
We know where it is because it was surveyed before we purchased. Plus our gas meter is in their yard. Well one of the yards. I not looking to get legal, rather just to figure out how to deal with the situation civilly.
You're out of luck. You bought the property knowing the fence was not on the property line. I'm sorry, but you are kind of screwed, and your neighbors know it.
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-18-2018, 08:16 PM   #19
Can these boys not play?

Yeah, definitely take down that fence.. it isn't helping, and it is on your property. That seems like a good first step.. then mow it all down.. then build a new fence next year.
ChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:17 PM   #20
Snacks Are Under My Apron

**** his wife and daughter?
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGator View Post
Yeah, definitely take down that fence.. it isn't helping, and it is on your property. That seems like a good first step.. then mow it all down.. then build a new fence next year.
You might be able to tear the current fence down, but I'd consult a lawyer first.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:20 PM   #22
umm...what do I say here?

Would get it surveyed and proceed with putting a new fence up. More than likely they won't do anything once you give them a copy of the survey. Are they going to sue you? Probably not and probably won't contest it once you explain it to them. Have it surveyed while they are home so when they ask questions you and they know what's up. Or get some tordon from your local coop and cut them and spay the crap with them....tordon kills about everything long as you get it on a fresh cut stem or trunk. Just a few drops normally does it but has to be freshly cut off so it soaks in the roots.
btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.btlook1 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by btlook1 View Post
Would get it surveyed and proceed with putting a new fence up. More than likely they won't do anything once you give them a copy of the survey. Are they going to sue you? Probably not and probably won't contest it once you explain it to them. Have it surveyed while they are home so when they ask questions you and they know what's up. Or get some tordon from your local coop and cut them and spay the crap with them....tordon kills about everything long as you get it on a fresh cut stem or trunk. Just a few drops normally does it but has to be freshly cut off so it soaks in the roots.
Nope, not correct. And trust me, I know. The fence has been there too long, it's an understood boundary. In fact, 007 had it surveyed prior to buying the property, so he knows the fence is not on the property boundary line.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:25 PM   #24
MVP

I have always been scared of the old fence line shit. But, after purchasing 5 properties in 3 different states I have learned fence lines don’t mean shit. It goes by the survey.
Any way it has in Missouri, Texas and South Carolina.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:25 PM   #25
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Nope, not correct. And trust me, I know. The fence has been there too long, it's an understood boundary. In fact, 007 had it surveyed prior to buying the property, so he knows the fence is not on the property boundary line.
I never said that. I didn't have it surveyed. I only saw a copy of a survey when we purchased.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:32 PM   #26

Quote:
I never said that. I didn't have it surveyed. I only saw a copy of a survey when we purchased.
Oh, then get it surveyed first. Pay the $500 or whatever for a licensed land surveyor to find your corners and mark your corners. This "might" scare the neighbors enough to do something, maybe? But, if they know their rights, if they have been there for longer than 7 years, then they probably know that you can't just start tearing things down and putting in new fences.

Don't do tear stuff down first. That's when people go to court and they only people who come out on top are the lawyers.

Get your property surveyed, and then consult the survey company about your options. They may be able to lead you in the right direction. They may tell you the same thing I've already told you too. Land survey companies tend to deal with these types of issues, it's part of their job, because you ain't the only person with this type of problem.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:39 PM   #27
King Shit of **** Mountain

Get with a farmer friend and grab some industrial strength Roundup crap. The city kept coming after me for my lot in town, so I nuked it.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:39 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High D View Post
I have always been scared of the old fence line shit. But, after purchasing 5 properties in 3 different states I have learned fence lines don’t mean shit. It goes by the survey.
Any way it has in Missouri, Texas and South Carolina.
wrong
Old 05-18-2018, 08:43 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Not necessarily. Depends most likely on if there is a city or county ordinance. Generally, if a fence is wholly on his property, he is free to tear it down. You, again generally, only end up in situations like you speak of if the fence resides directly on the property line, known as a partition fence.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:43 PM   #30
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
**** his wife and daughter?
I like where your head’s at.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.