Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2018, 07:29 PM  
Shaken. Not stirred.

Shared fences and other property issues

I have some problematic neighbors that allow a their weed and bush overgrowth to constantly take over the shared fence in my back yard. I trim this shit back multiple times per year and am getting rather sick of it invading my yard. What's really aggravating is that five feet of my yard is on their side of the fence. Unfortunately the fence has been there since before we moved in. It's a battle I'm tired of fighting.

I'm curious what others in similar situations have done. I've tried talking to them before but none of them give a shit since the growth from their weeds is on my side. Not their problem and all that BS.

Picture attached for reference. I don't think antifreeze and aids infected needles will help here.

Last edited by 007; 05-18-2018 at 10:47 PM..
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:41 PM   #271
It was not a fair catch

I know I am getting older. Taking meds for school. Getting harder to adapt. At least I admit my problems.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:42 PM   #272
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

One more thing, install a camera(s) in the problem areas to document everything, so it's not just your word against his. I have cameras all over the place around here that record and I can save anything I need to if something weird shows up.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:44 PM   #273
It was not a fair catch

2 in the back yard.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:58 PM   #274
MVP

Renting out a camper and or truck as a business is something that would apply. Have a POPO, you teach their kids, ask about renting it.

I also suggest planting Bamboo along the property with a 18" deep barrier on your side of the property plant line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
I tried to have a conversation 2 or more years ago. Told him about city codes, and asked him not to take trailers to his back yard because he was driving on my grass. He has a four wheeler. He denied being on my yard even though evidence shows otherwise. That is when the grass was new and barely established.

Then the shed. Then pushing snow on mine and others properties and the street.

Had to put up trees to force him to not fill up his back yard and my view with junk.

Now this. Although minor it is just another checkmark. Waiting for the next thing to happen.

Coop-not really running a business or a shop. Races a car. Loads and unloads it in the street. Some day he is going to bark it and go out the end of his garage. Code also says you can't wash trailers in the street.

Where does it end if I do nothing?
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:49 PM   #275
It was not a fair catch

. its back.

Still illegally parked.

with adults swimming in the baby pool next to it.

Is Arkansas better than Minnesota?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Road_000 (1).jpg
Views:	236
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	122580  
Old 06-23-2021, 06:29 AM   #276
It was not a fair catch

My neighbors trailer left a yellow streak down the middle of the road
Old 06-23-2021, 06:35 AM   #277
Veteran

I guess that's one way to empty the sewage tanks.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:09 AM   #278
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
The guy sounds like a real douche bag. As others has stated, I would try to talk to him face to face and make it crystal clear what you want. If he continues and you come down on him, that's not on you. I have had a couple bad neighbors over the years and neither of them are around anymore, I'll just leave it at that.
Sometimes your only option is to be a worse neighbor.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:42 AM   #279
Changes pants while driving

Call Frank Clark and have him park in front of your neighbor's house in his Lambo.
ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:45 AM   #280
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:

Last edited by Bwana; 06-23-2021 at 09:50 AM..
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:08 AM   #281
Brrrrr.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I have some problematic neighbors that allow a their weed and bush overgrowth to constantly take over the shared fence in my back yard. I trim this shit back multiple times per year and am getting rather sick of it invading my yard. What's really aggravating is that five feet of my yard is on their side of the fence. Unfortunately the fence has been there since before we moved in. It's a battle I'm tired of fighting.

I'm curious what others in similar situations have done. I've tried talking to them before but none of them give a shit since the growth from their weeds is on my side. Not their problem and all that BS.

Picture attached for reference. I don't think antifreeze and aids infected needles will help here.
I read through the thread, but didn't see where this was totally resolved. Did I miss that post?

I get that you aren't (weren't) concerned with a few feet of land - but aren't (weren't) you paying taxes on it? If yes, and the neighbor wanted to be an asshat - then find out what needs to be done to officially make it his so HIS property tax can go up.

Recently my neighbor started a half-assed project to extend his driveway. So I wandered out to see exactly what he was doing (he had already made a huge trench with their vehicles on my side because neither he or his wife are competent drivers). He excitedly explained his plan to me while I just stared at him. (he planned on taking over 4 feet (wide) of my side yard the entire length of their driveway)

My response went along the lines of: "Well, that's all well and good - but if you do sell the house in a couple years, you'll sure as hell rip this out prior to it getting listed. I damned sure won't be dealing with a property line dispute.

The we just stared at each other until he said that he just thought it would be "fair" if we split the land 50/50. I told him that's not how these things work and he needs to check the survey that he had done when he bought the property. Or... he could go off of our shared fence (mine!) that I had installed after I bought the house (I had the property lines re-verified before the contractor put up the fence).

I've made landscaping that side yard a priority this summer to really make it obvious that I won't be allowing him to park his trailer or any of his other trash there either. His stuff looks like a shitshow...

Last edited by Cntrygal; 06-23-2021 at 01:12 PM..
Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:13 AM   #282
Plays to win the game!

Chop it all down, kill anything that stands in your way, and reclaim your territory with a flag like your ancestors used to, but you'll likely have to put up the fence again if there's a fence underneath all of that.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:13 PM   #283
Supporter

Oh, man, this thread reminds me of why I'm so happy I moved away from neighbors (for the most part).
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:04 PM   #284
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
If that is the trailers holding tank call the city or county. He will get a citation and fine and possibly a bigger one through the EPA.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:06 PM   #285
Fight, build, win!

I'd also add he could also get a bill for the cleanup. That's an environmentally hazardous waste.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.