Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2018, 07:29 PM  
Shaken. Not stirred.

Shared fences and other property issues

I have some problematic neighbors that allow a their weed and bush overgrowth to constantly take over the shared fence in my back yard. I trim this shit back multiple times per year and am getting rather sick of it invading my yard. What's really aggravating is that five feet of my yard is on their side of the fence. Unfortunately the fence has been there since before we moved in. It's a battle I'm tired of fighting.

I'm curious what others in similar situations have done. I've tried talking to them before but none of them give a shit since the growth from their weeds is on my side. Not their problem and all that BS.

Picture attached for reference. I don't think antifreeze and aids infected needles will help here.

Last edited by 007; 05-18-2018 at 10:47 PM..
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:55 PM   #136
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
I read that part before my first post. I just offered you the only solution likely to get you anywhere. They aren't going to bust their asses chopping hedge. You know how big of a pain that is first hand. They certainly aren't going to do whatever it takes to help you maintain your side of the fence, nor do i wager you want them in your backyard trimming shit anyway. Offer to pay to remove the brush problem completely and pay for a new privacy fence, or be prepared to live with the current situation.

Or hire lawyers and end up in the same boat anyway, less the cost of the lawyers. You ain't getting them to pay for that shit no matter how much you wish it.
Or the neighbors think its his yard from the survey when they bought their house and wonder why he doesn't take care of his yard better.

I wonder what forum their thread about him is on
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:19 PM   #137
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
Or the neighbors think its his yard from the survey when they bought their house and wonder why he doesn't take care of his yard better.

I wonder what forum their thread about him is on
NOt the case. When we moved in, I spoke with both neighbors and both acted as if its their yard. Again, I don't care about the 3-5 feet. But I do care that they don't do anything on their side of the fence. One of them even asked me to not touch the vine on the fence because that was their way of having a privacy fence.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:21 PM   #138
Shaken. Not stirred.

I've considered just putting up my own privacy fence 3 inches away from the chain link fence but have a feeling that would just cause other issues.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:19 AM   #139
Veteran

I understand you don't care about the 3-5 feet. I would propose that getting this straightened out now with accurate surveys and boundaries marked will make your property sell better/easier when/if you decide to move. Nobody wants to buy a boundary dispute and neighbor problems if they have a choice.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:26 AM   #140
In Search of a Life

Get your property re-assessed since you've lost 5' x ?? feet of yardage along the one side of your house.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:28 AM   #141
Snacks Are Under My Apron

"Hey Honey, that Beta that just bought the house next door, he expects me to do his yard work... . Now go grab me a beer and make me a sandwich"
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:13 AM   #142
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
NOt the case. When we moved in, I spoke with both neighbors and both acted as if its their yard. Again, I don't care about the 3-5 feet. But I do care that they don't do anything on their side of the fence. One of them even asked me to not touch the vine on the fence because that was their way of having a privacy fence.
Then I would call they city and have them cited for not taking care of their yard
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:29 PM   #143
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
Then I would call they city and have them cited for not taking care of their yard
and have it surveyed. You do not want a mess if you sell. If they do, it is their mess.

I am getting a metal detector Friday and marking the property.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:08 AM   #144
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
and have it surveyed. You do not want a mess if you sell. If they do, it is their mess.

I am getting a metal detector Friday and marking the property.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:23 PM   #145
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

Quote:
Agreed. Whatever it is called, my general understanding of the subject regarding property lines, is that once a line is established it just shifts to the other owner after a certain number of years. The fence was in before we moved in 14 years ago.

the clock restarted when you moved in. If you have maintained or mowed it even once that resets the cvlock.
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:55 PM   #146
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
the clock restarted when you moved in. If you have maintained or mowed it even once that resets the cvlock.
So basically I'm resetting the clock every summer.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:30 AM   #147
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

Quote:
So basically I'm resetting the clock every summer.

yes. Adverse possession only comes into play if your neighbor openly takens active possession and you obviously relinquish your claim by allowing it and not taking any steps to assert your ownership (like maintaining it).
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:47 AM
Amnorix
This message has been deleted by Amnorix. Reason: I'm comically late to the thread with this...
Old 06-08-2018, 08:49 AM   #148
In BB I trust

Quote:
That's the problem. Eminent domain laws would support them because of how long the fence has been in place. All of the roots for this shit is on their side. I can whack all the crap down on my side but can't stop this shit from growing.

Adverse possession.

Eminent domain is when the government takes your land to build a highway on it or whatever. That isn't this. This is adverse possesion, which is when someone openly and obviously claims someone else's land for a sufficient period of time.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:08 PM   #149
It was not a fair catch

update---9 trees going in on Saturday.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:48 PM   #150
Shaken. Not stirred.

Update on mine as well. Back into the jungle.

Oh, and now I have a problem with our neighbors aggressive dogs destroying our "shared" fence.