Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:50 AM   #15436
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Cooked two things in the Instapot today. We did get the 8qt with the air fryer lid as well.

Frozen chicken breast dumped in for teriyaki chicken. I can't believe how awesome the texture of the chicken was and this is going to be amazing for me to meal prep during the week.

At night I cooked 8 wings on the pressure cooker setting and followed that with 20 minutes with the air fryer. Well I'll be damned, they were juicy yet crispier than any wings I've made using the oven before.

I think we have a winner. And thank you for talking me into the bigger size.
Friggin awesome.

Just wait until you try Sous Vide...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:37 AM   #15437
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Friggin awesome.

Just wait until you try Sous Vide...
I can do that with this?

This really didn't come with an instruction booklet. I am going to need to find something!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:53 AM   #15438

Quote:
I can do that with this?

This really didn't come with an instruction booklet. I am going to need to find something!
I know you got the 8qt version, but if it's like this one, yes. The bottom righthand button.

Here's a video (in case yours can do Sous Vide):

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:56 PM   #15439
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Some cooking hacks about peeling the skin/peel off various veggies, herbs, fish, etc.

The shrimp one really works, also the garlic one, as does the lobster tail hack. I've done the peach one with something else.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:35 PM   #15440
Cheat Death

Tonight's fish taco iteration is beer battered Alaskan Black Rockfish dressed simply with cabbage, guac slices, cilantro and lime. Corn tortillas to change it up.

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:45 AM   #15441
Indian Twitter

Not dinner. When I was very young my Grandpa taught me how to make soft boiled eggs. Wasn't much to teach but it's a great standby breakfast. The trick is to cook the whites but keep the yoke yokey. Add some jalapenos, hot sauce and crumble up some bread and mix it all up. Mm Mm good!
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:39 AM   #15442
Cheat Death

Alaskan lingcod filet o fish sammy and chips with a crispy boy

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:13 PM   #15443
Fight, build, win!

Vailpass's electric pressure cooker chicken enchiladas recipe from DC. Pretty damn good kids loved them. It still a little time intensive but not bad. If I could and kids would still eat I would add more heat. Also needs more tomato sauce and chicken broth than what recipe calls for. The 3 chicken breasts soaks up a lot of the sauce so it was just a bit dry. Maybe a cup and a half chicken broth and 3 instead of 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce

Direct out the oven.

typed with my trusty nose picker using Tapatalk
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:27 PM   #15444
MVP

Smoked chicken thighs tonight. Butt roast and faux brisket tomorrow

Drinking Bells Oktoberfest

Last edited by cooper barrett; 08-15-2020 at 07:35 PM..
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:07 PM   #15445
Mod Team

Sous Vide virgin here. Doing a bone in Ribeye today.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:51 PM   #15446
Wasted away again...

Crappie filets, breaded with Andy's Red Fish Breading and deep fried. Hush puppies.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:55 PM   #15447

Quote:
Update?

Remember, once done, VERY hot pan, grape seed or avocado oil, and a quick sear..
Old 08-16-2020, 09:02 PM   #15448
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Pics please, or it didn't happen . . .
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:19 PM   #15449
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Update?

Remember, once done, VERY hot pan, grape seed or avocado oil, and a quick sear..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Pics please, or it didn't happen . . .
No pics but it turned out pretty good. The texture was just amazing and it's crazy that the time window is so variable, which makes dinner timing very easy. I cooked at 135 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

I seared each side for 1 minute in a very hot cast iron after the Sous Vide. However, it didn't taste as good as a steak cooked just in the cast iron. I seasoned the steak before placing in the bag but should I be timing the seasoning differently? Normally I season steaks with salt/pepper and let them sit in the fridge overnight before cooking.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:35 PM   #15450

Quote:
No pics but it turned out pretty good. The texture was just amazing and it's crazy that the time window is so variable, which makes dinner timing very easy. I cooked at 135 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

I seared each side for 1 minute in a very hot cast iron after the Sous Vide. However, it didn't taste as good as a steak cooked just in the cast iron. I seasoned the steak before placing in the bag but should I be timing the seasoning differently? Normally I season steaks with salt/pepper and let them sit in the fridge overnight before cooking.
Interesting.. I've never had it taste different. That being said, I Sous Vide mine with fresh Rosemary (I LOVE IT), and that really helps me get more of that infused into the steak.

But yes, Sous Vide REALLY helps with timing dinner. Once you know the "out of the water, through the pan, and onto the plate" time, all the other things, including visitors being chatty and late, simply don't matter. Make the sides when you want, the steaks will be ready....