Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:11 AM   #28381
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
You're doing a Penbrook impersonation?
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:17 AM   #28382
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
You're doing a Penbrook impersonation?
https://youtu.be/BgtRbRgBWP4?t=478

That's suppose to be directed to Josh Allen vs Mahomes conversation

Last edited by Tribal Warfare; 08-05-2020 at 11:23 AM..
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:05 PM   #28383
The pizza king of kansas

Patrick Mahomes. That the post!
big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:12 PM   #28384
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:59 PM   #28385
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Remember being in a bar/restraunt in NYC and saw we traded up. I was eating with my wife and told her “sorry babe but we just traded the **** up!”.

I was screaming and acting a fool I was so excited, and all these New Yorkers looked at me like I was reerun bc I was happy we got a QB from Texas Tech. And honestly I didn’t give a shit.

Jokes on you now ****ers.
Chiefs fanbase showed pretty great instincts before the Draft. Many folks on this forum and major bloggers like Seth Keysor really wanted Mahomes. Y’all did some impressive homework. Obviously KC front office did a great job. I’m really glad Patrick landed with KC. Been a perfect career situation for him compared to so many other QBs that end up with terrible franchises.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:02 PM   #28386
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Chiefs fanbase showed pretty great instincts before the Draft. Many folks on this forum and major bloggers like Seth Keysor really wanted Mahomes. Y’all did some impressive homework. Obviously KC front office did a great job. I’m really glad Patrick landed with KC. Been a perfect career situation for him compared to so many other QBs that end up with terrible franchises.
That’s what makes this so surreal. So many of us were pounding the table for him VERY early on at 27. The way it all played out and where we are at now is like story book shit for CP. Absolutely beautiful.

For that reason alone, I’m convinced the draftubators of CP would be better than some NFL teams.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:04 PM   #28387
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:

I assume you're relishing that Mayfield can't get out of his way because he's an indignant tool in Cleveland where QBs are DOA
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:11 PM   #28388
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
I assume you're relishing that Mayfield can't get out of his way because he's an indignant tool in Cleveland where QBs are DOA
Yeah. Enjoy seeing Mayfield flop. But gotta give him credit for the decision to leave Tech. We all figured he would disappear at a blue blood school like Oklahoma. He carved out a heck of a college career for himself and got paid huge money as the #1 draft pick. That’s very impressive. He also dodged the Mahomes bullet at Tech. I still think if Baker stayed at Tech, he would have ended up on the bench behind Mahomes.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:34 PM   #28389
The Boom Boom Room

Old 08-05-2020, 11:52 PM   #28390
In Search of a Life

Mahomes will win MVP and SB MVP this year! He needs to be on this list!

Only ten players have won the Super Bowl and MVP in the same season, Bart Starr in 1966, Terry Bradshaw in 1978, Mark Moseley in 1982, Lawrence Taylor in 1986, Joe Montana in 1989, Emmitt Smith in 1993, Steve Young in 1994, Brett Favre in 1996 Terrell Davis in 1998 and Kurt Warner in 1999.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:54 AM   #28391
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:

I remember going out to dinner the night before the draft & I was wearing my Chiefs hoodie. A guy asked me who I wanted in the draft? I replied “Mahomes the QB from TT”. He said that’s who he wanted too. I think Mahomes was wanted by 75% of the fan base.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:36 AM   #28392
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

I admit I didn't expect him at all and figured if available we'd get Watson. But I was happy as hell regardless.

My certainty that he would flourish here was solidified by a few Donk fans I know who laughed at the pick and said stupid shit like "system QB, will fail in the NFL, no TT QB's ever succeed, should have gotten a DB because you have Alex who is really good". That's when I knew he was the right man for KC.

I love talking to those guys now, who basically just have to quietly shake their heads no when I ask if they still think it was a bad call to draft him and replace Smith...heh...
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:17 AM   #28393
The Boom Boom Room

Old 08-07-2020, 08:21 AM   #28394
Time Keeps On Slipping

Everything, no matter how lame, Pat Mahomes touches becomes awesome.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:24 AM   #28395
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
What made what Veach (and really Dorsey) did so impressive was the anticipation and feel for the draft.

Those of us on the forum that really liked Mahomes STILL thought he was going to go early 20s at worst. If most of us (admittedly not all) were running the draft, we'd have seen him go 12 to the Saints and ended up doing what the Texans did and moved up for Watson. It would've caught us flat-footed. I think I was targeting around 18 as the landing spot we'd have to get to to snag him - I would've missed out on him.

Where the Chiefs deserve a TON of credit is having a perfect feel for that draft and going up exactly as high as they needed to go to get their guy.

It really was a masterstroke by the front office as a whole. Veach did a fantastic job working with the agents to keep their interest largely under wraps and Dorsey did incredible work spying out the draft and getting where he needed to be to make the pick.

This wasn't drafting Brady in the 6th and stumbling into a HoFer through blind, dumb luck. This was just perfect handling of the scouting and drafting process to get a guy that has fundamentally altered the trajectory of the franchise.

Just spectacular stuff.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.