Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 02-06-2020, 03:08 PM  
In Search of a Life

Albert Wilson

Sounds like he’s going to be cut if he doesn’t restructure.

Robinson is probably gone, and there’s a good chance Watkins is too. This is the kind of move that would help soften the blow of losing two guys with experience in this offense.

He was great that week 17 in 2017 with Pat at QB. I’d love to bring him back at a reasonable price.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:38 AM   #76
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

Someone remind me of Watkins contract. It looks like we have to pay him 7 million ANYWAY if we cut him or if he stays on the roster. So basically his cost is actually only 13 million.

Not great at interpreting NFL contracts, but can someone that knows chime in?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...watkins-14413/

Last edited by BWillie; 02-07-2020 at 10:54 AM..
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:46 AM   #77
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Someone remind me of Watkins contract. It looks like we have to pay him 7 million ANYWAY if we cut him or if he stays on the roster. So basically his cost isn't actually only 13 million.

Not great at interpreting NFL contracts, but can someone that knows chime in?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...watkins-14413/
We save 14M if we let him walk.

If we keep him without restructuring his contract he costs 21M
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:48 AM   #78
Veteran

We need a bigger, physical, "possession" receiver that can catch jump balls even when he's covered. Jamal Custis is 6' 5" 215, and I think the scouting staff clearly coveted his size as an UDFA. It didn't work out with him, but that type of player is a natural compliment to all of the speed we have on offense. I think we'll see some moves to bring in that type of player at WR this off season.
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:49 AM   #79
MVP

Pass. Old wideouts are old.
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:51 AM   #80
Field General

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
We need a bigger, physical, "possession" receiver that can catch jump balls even when he's covered. Jamal Custis is 6' 5" 215, and I think the scouting staff clearly coveted his size as an UDFA. It didn't work out with him, but that type of player is a natural compliment to all of the speed we have on offense. I think we'll see some moves to bring in that type of player at WR this off season.
Some team signed him, quite some time after we dropped him, but cant remember who it was, or if hes even still on their roster?
farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:30 PM   #81
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Doesn't even need to be that fast. Hardman is a 4.33, but I would say anything below 4.4 is excellent as long as the guy has really good quickness/change of direction to go with it. That's what is so amazing about Tyreek and Mecole. Those guys can change direction really quick. They aren't just super fast in a straight line.
That was Hardman's combine number. At the Georgia pro day he ran 4.24.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:28 PM   #82
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Naaaah.

I'm not a believer in the "thunder & lightning" strategy.

If we have a system built around quickness then we should stock up on speedy receivers so they're more plug-n-play in the event of an injury. Rather than having to adjust timing/strategy because we threw some plodder out there.

Reminds me of teams like the Chargers who draft big body, slow WR's and then sign some small, quick gadget guy in Travis Benjamin. That shit is dumb. He ends up just looking miscast.

It's a philosophy. You either believe in WR's who separate quickly, or you believe in big guys who win on contested catches. I dont like that mix and match shit. You lose your identity.
Dude that mix and match shit is exactly the kinda corp that just won the Super Bowl

Reek and Hardman at 5’10 or under and around 190

Watkins and Pringle at 6’1 and 205 to 210

You don’t want all Smurfs, or all bigger guys either... the sweet spot is a balanced mix
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:42 PM   #83
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Dude that mix and match shit is exactly the kinda corp that just won the Super Bowl

Reek and Hardman at 5’10 or under and around 190

Watkins and Pringle at 6’1 and 205 to 210

You don’t want all Smurfs, or all bigger guys either... the sweet spot is a balanced mix
Their strengths are all similar. Neither Watkins or Pringle are big-bodied WR's like a Mike Williams etc.

We don't have a mix-n-match corps. We got guys who win with speed and quickness, not high point, body them out and contest the catch kinda dudes.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:50 PM   #84
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Their strengths are all similar. Neither Watkins or Pringle are big-bodied WR's like a Mike Williams etc.

We don't have a mix-n-match corps. We got guys who win with speed and quickness, not high point, body them out and contest the catch kinda dudes.
I’ll grant you they’re not those 6’3 230 types, but they’re not my size either... they give you some height and bulk even while being fast in their own right

I’m well past the point of HAVING to be right in a football argument, but there is definitely truth in what I’m saying... you think if Andy could get his hands on another TO type, he’d take a pass because it’s all about elite quickness in and out of breaks now?

Come on man

We’ll just have to disagree I guess, let’s just see who we pick up this offseason...
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #85
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Seems like we need more of a sizable possession guy vs a small slot type. I'd keep an eye one what philly is shaking loose or maybe Chicago, other Reid tree teams.
Hopefully, that's what Fortson turns out to be.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:44 AM   #86
In Search of a Life

Hes opting out of 2020 season....

https://www.nfl.com/news/albert-wils...-out-of-season

Another Miami Dolphins wide receiver will opt out of the 2020 season.
Albert Wilson informed the Dolphins he has decided to sit out the campaign.
"Not an easy decision to make..." Wilson wrote on Twitter. "I've decided to opt out of this 2020 season. It was very tough choice but since the day I started playing the game it's always been Faith Family Football. Because of this crazy time I choose to put my family in the best situation I see fit. I will stand by my teammates & brothers to support them 100% throughout this season and will be counting the days until I can join them again. 1 love."
Dolphins coach Brian Flores said in a statement, "I support Albert's decision. I know he made it with his family in mind. I want what is best for Albert, as I do for all of our players."
Wilson joins fellow Fins receiver Allen Hurns who also opted out this week.
The 28-year-old Wilson appeared slated to play a big role in the Dolphins offense as a slot receiver next to DeVante Parker. The opt outs of Wilson and Hurns leave Miami very young and thin at receiver.
Parker is poised to be the Dolphins' No. 1 target, with Preston Williams the No. 2, if he's fully recovered from an ACL tear by the start of the season. The rest of the wideout corps includes Gary Jennings, Isaiah Ford, Jakeem Grant, Mack Hollins and UDFAs Matt Cole and Kirk Merritt.

Whether Tua Tagovailoa or Ryan Fitzpatrick wins the Week 1 starting QB gig, their job just became harder after this week's WR news. We knew 2020 would challenge teams' depth. The Dolphins are finding that truth out early.
Players have until Thursday at 4 p.m. ET to opt out of the 2020 season.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:56 AM   #87
Special Teams ACE!!!

Dolphins fans probably hate this dude's ****ing guts lol
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:02 AM   #88
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Well Albert is probably planning on being a cheap pick up for this Chiefs next year for some depth.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:05 AM   #89
I’m a Mahomo!

Pass on alligator arms.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:24 PM   #90
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
Well Albert is probably planning on being a cheap pick up for this Chiefs next year for some depth.
No thanks
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.