Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-27-2023, 08:49 AM  
Dirty Bit

**** Official 2023-24 NHL Thread ****

Time to reboot for the upcoming season.

Anyone interested in doing a fun (or even low cost $25) Fantasy NHL League?
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-01-2023, 08:28 AM   #31
Cheat Death

I really want to see a Coyotes game while they're playing at ASU. I was looking at tickets for the Blackhawks game on Monday and they never got below $100 all the way to game time so was an easy pass to what turned out to be a blowout anyway. I may have to find a game against a smaller market competitor

I turned the game on TV and thought I was watching the Saudi Arabia Olympic team with these Coyote jerseys. It took me a minute to get the Native American desert theme and not the Middle East

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...y/69823669007/
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 08:40 AM   #32
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother View Post
Get a 69 Shoresey
It’s on the list for sure , love that show having played most of my hockey vs Sudbury/North Bay /Soo and Timmins and them talking about local bars like the Coulson and other things from the area and having a bunch of local kids as extra is fun , might sign up my kid as an extra need to be junior level for on ice scenes AAA for dressing room etc..
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 11-01-2023, 08:41 AM   #33
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I really want to see a Coyotes game while they're playing at ASU. I was looking at tickets for the Blackhawks game on Monday and they never got below $100 all the way to game time so was an easy pass to what turned out to be a blowout anyway. I may have to find a game against a smaller market competitor

I turned the game on TV and thought I was watching the Saudi Arabia Olympic team with these Coyote jerseys. It took me a minute to get the Native American desert theme and not the Middle East

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...y/69823669007/
Yeah, it's ****ing pricey. I've been looking at ASU games and might go to the Desert Classic (if they ever release ticket info)... I think they have a pretty decent program and college hockey is highly underrated and often pretty cheap (I paid $27 to be on the glass at a game a couple weeks ago in NE).

I'd like to see a Yotes game there, too, as I'm sure the worst seats are still pretty damn nice.

[Arizona Coyotes] Domin��ed
byu/ThatSpecialAgent inhockeymemes
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2023, 08:43 AM   #34
Cheat Death

Haha thats amazing
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2023, 09:09 AM   #35
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Question for the hockey fans, because my buddies have surprised me here.

I trust everyone read about the Adam Johnson death. And I suspect many have seen the video. They're investigating the guy who cut him for possible intent.

I saw that and the twitter uproar, watched the video and immediately said "Oh, this will be a split between non-hockey fans and hockey fans; the hockey fans will understand that wasn't intentional..."

Then all 3 of my more extreme hockey fan buddies say "Man, that guy should go to jail for murder..."

What the hell am I missing here? Look - the guy's a bad player. He's always been a bad player. He's simply not skilled and that's going to make him clumsy. He's leaning forward for the check, half misses and half gets hit, spins down and the inertia brings his leg up. Because again, he's a big dumb oaf.

"Well he has a history of dirty play!" - fellas, stick and elbow work ain't the same as slashing people with your skate blade. Finishing harder into a corner than is strictly necessary isn't the same as trying to maim someone. I don't think anything in his past is relevant here APART from his skill level.

Think of it this way - a professional skiier can be flying down a mountain at 100 mph and lose an edge...and not really get hurt. They know how to fall. Meanwhile some fat ass on the bunny slop can break his ribs trying to get on the rope lift.

This, to me, is an obvious example of a big dumb goon who isn't skilled/agile enough to control his arms/legs as he went down. We see sticks get up from shitty players all the time (or even good players when they get spun around) and I'm surprised that my buddies who are also hockey fans are seeing this as something else than that.

Am I the asshole?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2023, 09:25 AM   #36
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Question for the hockey fans, because my buddies have surprised me here.

I trust everyone read about the Adam Johnson death. And I suspect many have seen the video. They're investigating the guy who cut him for possible intent.

I saw that and the twitter uproar, watched the video and immediately said "Oh, this will be a split between non-hockey fans and hockey fans; the hockey fans will understand that wasn't intentional..."

Then all 3 of my more extreme hockey fan buddies say "Man, that guy should go to jail for murder..."

What the hell am I missing here? Look - the guy's a bad player. He's always been a bad player. He's simply not skilled and that's going to make him clumsy. He's leaning forward for the check, half misses and half gets hit, spins down and the inertia brings his leg up. Because again, he's a big dumb oaf.

"Well he has a history of dirty play!" - fellas, stick and elbow work ain't the same as slashing people with your skate blade. Finishing harder into a corner than is strictly necessary isn't the same as trying to maim someone. I don't think anything in his past is relevant here APART from his skill level.

Think of it this way - a professional skiier can be flying down a mountain at 100 mph and lose an edge...and not really get hurt. They know how to fall. Meanwhile some fat ass on the bunny slop can break his ribs trying to get on the rope lift.

This, to me, is an obvious example of a big dumb goon who isn't skilled/agile enough to control his arms/legs as he went down. We see sticks get up from shitty players all the time (or even good players when they get spun around) and I'm surprised that my buddies who are also hockey fans are seeing this as something else than that.

Am I the asshole?
Just saw it and I have know idea what that guy was trying to do , almost looks like he was just trying to interfere with F2 lost his balance then try to react to puck carrier and while off balance tried to takeout puck carrier last second and flailed ( not sure why his leg got that high , could have been trying to stick the leg out to impede ) weird play comes across to me as dumb move by a bad player now whether or not you believe people a be charged for their stupidity is up to you.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 11-01-2023, 09:28 AM   #37
I love your mom

Looking at it again I think he was trying to lineup Johnson and knocked the other forward in front , but I can’t see him getting those legs there unless he was trying to once he saw he lost his balance just trying to get a piece of him.

Definitely could have been avoided , like knee on knee it’s reactionary trying to put a hit on a guy and then realize your going to miss , but still considered a penalty and a asshole play
Old 11-01-2023, 09:35 AM   #38
Would an idiot do that?

I just watched it for the first time (and a few more times), and my initial thoughts...
...that's not at all what I expected. The main reason I hadn't watched it was I figured it was like most any skate cut that happens when players are down on the ice.
...and WTF was that?!

I can see why people think it was intentional... not in the sense of "gonna murder this guy now with my skate", but maybe trying to interfere with him and it just went very wrong. I guess from a technical standpoint, involuntary manslaughter as opposed to murder.

That said, I agree it looks like a bad, clumsy hockey player doing bad clumsy things... people tend to really want everything to have bad intentions these days, but he probably just really sucks at skating, even though I can see how it's hard to believe he could just throw his leg like that with no control or awareness.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2023, 09:49 AM   #39
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I just watched it for the first time (and a few more times), and my initial thoughts...
...that's not at all what I expected. The main reason I hadn't watched it was I figured it was like most any skate cut that happens when players are down on the ice.
...and WTF was that?!

I can see why people think it was intentional... not in the sense of "gonna murder this guy now with my skate", but maybe trying to interfere with him and it just went very wrong. I guess from a technical standpoint, involuntary manslaughter as opposed to murder.

That said, I agree it looks like a bad, clumsy hockey player doing bad clumsy things... people tend to really want everything to have bad intentions these days, but he probably just really sucks at skating, even though I can see how it's hard to believe he could just throw his leg like that with no control or awareness.
English Pro hockey is pretty much a glorified recreational men’s league , going to be a skill gap and try hards with no skill are the most dangerous type of hockey players .
Old 11-01-2023, 10:09 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
English Pro hockey is pretty much a glorified recreational men’s league , going to be a skill gap and try hards with no skill are the most dangerous type of hockey players .
That's where I kept getting to.

We've played with guys like that in basketball or baseball (and if you haven't, you were that guy). I get playing with energy and intensity, I respect it. But to a point. You can't be the guy throwing 80 mph behind a girl that's strayed too far off 1b in co-ed rec league softball. You miss by a little bit and suddenly 'playing hard' leaves a girl in the neurology ward overnight because you didn't throw it where you meant to. Know the situation, know your talent level and don't get people hurt.

This is just a guy who was barely on the fringes of the bottom rung of hockey; essentially semi-pro shit. Who was out there mucking it up and being a goon when he really didn't have much else to offer.

If anyone is to 'blame' it's the guys that rostered a guy like him.

I tried to explain it along these lines "Okay, think of the worst player in the NHL - that guy's better than 90% of say the AHL and orders of magnitude better than the worst player in the AHL. Now think of the worst player in the AHL - THAT guy is better than 90% of the ECHL and orders of magnitude better than the worst player in the ECHL. Now think of the worst guy in the ECHL - if he can't make an ECHL team, he MIGHT end up in the Elite League. If he didn't get a call back from a a more lucrative european/russian league. That's the caliber of talent you're seeing in the EIHL here.

Put it this way - if you lived in a northern state, Matt Pegrave wouldn't be the best skater you know.

A more skilled player just doesn't do that, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2023, 10:39 AM   #41
I love your mom

Quote:

We've played with guys like that in basketball or baseball (and if you haven't, you were that guy). I get playing with energy and intensity, I respect it. But to a point. You can't be the guy throwing 80 mph behind a girl that's strayed too far off 1b in co-ed rec league softball. You miss by a little bit and suddenly 'playing hard' leaves a girl in the neurology ward overnight because you didn't throw it where you meant to. Know the situation, know your talent level and don't get people hurt.

This is just a guy who was barely on the fringes of the bottom rung of hockey; essentially semi-pro shit. Who was out there mucking it up and being a goon when he really didn't have much else to offer.

I tried to explain it along these lines "Okay, think of the worst player in the NHL - that guy's better than 90% of say the AHL and orders of magnitude better than the worst player in the AHL. Now think of the worst player in the AHL - THAT guy is better than 90% of the ECHL and orders of magnitude better than the worst player in the ECHL. Now think of the worst guy in the ECHL - if he can't make an ECHL team, he MIGHT end up in the Elite League. If he didn't get a call back from a a more lucrative european/russian league. That's the caliber of talent you're seeing in the EIHL here.

Put it this way - if you lived in a northern state, Matt Pegrave wouldn't be the best skater you know.

Being one of the few guys in my oldtimers league who can carry the puck is getting pretty scary when you have 240 lbs guys flying around the ice that haven’t skated in 10 years really wanting to get the puck off me and not to mention the the other boneheads on my own team with zero ****ing clue where they are going , it’s like frogger on skates , retrieving a puck in a corner not knowing if the guy behind you will lose an edge or poke check my skates from under me is scary .

It’s why I wear a full cage and shoulder pads , we had two of these guys ram each other face first with no cage s on last week , after one guy got his stitches I think he got the point and quit
Old 11-01-2023, 11:07 AM   #42
The Insider

Quote:

The try hard guys in basketball are just the worst. Especially in my younger days when I could dunk. They were always the bastards who screwed that by trying to take you out.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2023, 11:10 AM   #43
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Being one of the few guys in my oldtimers league who can carry the puck is getting pretty scary when you have 240 lbs guys flying around the ice that haven’t skated in 10 years really wanting to get the puck off me and not to mention the the other boneheads on my own team with zero ****ing clue where they are going , it’s like frogger on skates , retrieving a puck in a corner not knowing if the guy behind you will lose an edge or poke check my skates from under me is scary .

It’s why I wear a full cage and shoulder pads , we had two of these guys ram each other face first with no cage s on last week , after one guy got his stitches I think he got the point and quit
Hell, I've done flag football beer leagues and even that can be a bit dangerous when dude is living out their HS football dreams... much less guys on skates.

Granted, I did some light roller hockey years ago and hockey pads are amazing... I'd run into someone who outweighed me by like 60 pounds, plant myself to the ground, and get right up and keep going while they stood there and wondered if they had just murdered me. It was pretty much just ****ing around on skates though, nothing even a little competitive to worry about people taking it to seriously.
Old 11-01-2023, 11:15 AM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Yeah, it's ****ing pricey. I've been looking at ASU games and might go to the Desert Classic (if they ever release ticket info)... I think they have a pretty decent program and college hockey is highly underrated and often pretty cheap (I paid $27 to be on the glass at a game a couple weeks ago in NE).

I'd like to see a Yotes game there, too, as I'm sure the worst seats are still pretty damn nice.

[Arizona Coyotes] Domin��ed
byu/ThatSpecialAgent inhockeymemes
Did the Arizona Coyotes go back to their old logo?
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-01-2023, 11:15 AM   #45

Oh shit - you're canadian.

You probably ARE a better skater than Pegrave.

And yeah, there's no way in hell I'm playing rec-league hockey. I played a fair bit of roller hockey as a kid and the barrier to entry SHOULD be high but it really isn't. If you can stay upright, you can play. But you're a danger to yourself and others.

Combine that with people who are skilled/mature enough to be genuinely heavy - naaaaah.