Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-30-2024, 03:36 PM  
Voodoo Chile

Planning a Chiefs at Raiders trip

I’m hopeful that the NFL will avoid scheduling this game the week of Thanksgiving or Christmas. If they avoid those two weeks I’m going to pull the trigger on a long weekend in Vegas with the wife. I know many of you have been to the new stadium. How about some helpful tips and tricks for a visit. When to buy tickets? Where to stay? What time to arrive at the stadium? Chiefs friendly establishments? Those are questions I’d love to garner some feedback on.
JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:10 AM   #31
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
I don't care for Vegas much at all, but it's a pretty unique Chiefs experience and the polar opposite of the Oakland Coliseum.
So I'm guessing you never got to experience eating at the Denny's in front of the coliseum on game day? Or take a stroll down the road after a night game?
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:10 AM   #32
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
Might keep an eye on Chiefs Lot J Tailgating Crew. They plan things for all away games, including overseas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212598552495146
JFC, those are for profit events designed to make money off Chief fans and put in their pockets. Nothing illegal. Just a different approach.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:12 AM   #33
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Grab your ankles. Raider tix prices are stupid
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:14 AM   #34
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
So I'm guessing you never got to experience eating at the Denny's in front of the coliseum on game day? Or take a stroll down the road after a night game?
Been there twice and thankfully avoided that both times.

Still really bad experiences.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:27 AM   #35
remember, remember

I did that trip two years ago--- the wife was sick, but great game (we got the first ring around the rosie play)...

I second luxor (nice enough, pretty close to the stadium) as a decent place to stay if you want close to the stadium.

the stadium is insane. I love arrowhead--- but if we had our version of reliant, I'd be ok with it. dome and all.
Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 12:07 PM   #36
Starter

We're going to Vegas in July. If I hit it big, I'll join you guys.
Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:21 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebolapox View Post
I did that trip two years ago--- the wife was sick, but great game (we got the first ring around the rosie play)...

I second luxor (nice enough, pretty close to the stadium) as a decent place to stay if you want close to the stadium.

the stadium is insane. I love arrowhead--- but if we had our version of reliant, I'd be ok with it. dome and all.
What did you think of Luxor?

I've never stayed there but I wasn't a fan of their interior decor.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:32 PM   #38
Starter

This is an easy question. I went to the Chiefs at Raiders a year ago. It's not like the old Oakland days. You can safely assume that 60% of the crowd will be Chiefs fans. It's a wine and cheese crowd now, so you need not fear your safety. It's right off the strip, so you can stay at any hotel you prefer along the strip and just walk to the game. You can easily buy tickets on Tickpick/etc. a day before the game. Just be prepared that Vegas is now like Tokyo - everything expensive including game tickets. I think we paid $400/each for lower corner and that was the last game of that season. So be prepared to pay but enjoy. It's a cool stadium.
DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:57 PM   #39
remember, remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post

it was ok. I'm not too picky with my hotel rooms, I'd heard it wasn't great but my room was just fine. I came across none of the issues you'll read about online, but it's possible I got lucky
Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:58 PM   #40
sorta mod-ish

I'd stay at Luxor 10/10 times before I stayed at Excalibur.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:17 PM   #41
Starter

Quote:

I have been staying at Luxor and Mandalay for years. My company does trade shows at the Mandalay Convention Center twice a year.
Luxor is ok for the price. Do not get a room in the Pyramid. Ask for a tower room. You will spend half your time waiting on the elevator if you get a Pyramid room.

Mandalay is much nicer, but costs more. Delano is awesome.
I have only stayed at the Excalibur once and swore never again. My room smelled like there was a dead hooker under the bed. Changed rooms and the new one wasn't much better. This was several years ago so maybe they have upgraded them by now, but Excalibur has a reputation of being kinda trashy.
There is a Four Seasons at Mandalay also but I have never stayed there.

Mandalay, Delano, Luxor and Excalibur are all super convenient if you are going to the game. It's just a short walk across the bridge to the stadium.

There will be lots of Chiefs fans everywhere regardless of which one you choose.
Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:48 PM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka83 View Post
I have been staying at Luxor and Mandalay for years. My company does trade shows at the Mandalay Convention Center twice a year.
Luxor is ok for the price. Do not get a room in the Pyramid. Ask for a tower room. You will spend half your time waiting on the elevator if you get a Pyramid room.

Mandalay is much nicer, but costs more. Delano is awesome.
I have only stayed at the Excalibur once and swore never again. My room smelled like there was a dead hooker under the bed. Changed rooms and the new one wasn't much better. This was several years ago so maybe they have upgraded them by now, but Excalibur has a reputation of being kinda trashy.
There is a Four Seasons at Mandalay also but I have never stayed there.

Mandalay, Delano, Luxor and Excalibur are all super convenient if you are going to the game. It's just a short walk across the bridge to the stadium.

There will be lots of Chiefs fans everywhere regardless of which one you choose.
Yeah, Mandalay is much nicer to walk through. Seems more family friendly with the water park and being away from the busier parts of the strip. Good restaurants. Not my favorite part of the strip but preferable to Luxor/Excalibur.

Excalibur is tacky. Stayed there before. Maybe also for kids with the castle decor. Not a great reputation these last few decades.

Never been inside Delano but always figured it was nicer than its neighbors.

I prefer the Bellagio/Cosmo/Caesars vibe. Perfect location on the strip. Pricy, but worth it.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:55 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:

It's been a long time since Luxor was decent. Their rooms constantly end up on "dirties rooms in Vegas" lists now.

It's also on the ghetto side of the strip, hypodermic needles in the parking lots type shit
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:58 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
It's been a long time since Luxor was decent. Their rooms constantly end up on "dirties rooms in Vegas" lists now.

It's also on the ghetto side of the strip, hypodermic needles in the parking lots type shit
That seems fitting being near a Raiders stadium.
Old 05-01-2024, 02:37 PM   #45
C Chiefs once a year!

Stayed at the Luxor for the first time for the Thursday night Chargers @ Raiders game. The room was $100 bucks a night and the place is decent. I would stay there again.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.