Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts View Post
I would go over and tell him you appreciate him turning the light out last night. Then I'd tell him what time you don't mind him turning it on for the night. OTW is right though. He may have been oblivious to it when he put it in, but the combination of you installing a tree in to try and block it, and his turning it off to show off his Christmas lights should've been the writing on the wall.
I told him yesterday if he could wait until 10:00 to turn it on I will deal with the bedroom window. I am more irked about the dining room and deck.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
Supporter

Have you talked to any of the other neighbors about this. It doesn't hurt to have allies.
Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Towne View Post
Have you talked to any of the other neighbors about this. It doesn't hurt to have allies.
No, a huge fight could result.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
No, a huge fight could result.
Man GFY, Zach.. I get your point..you think I'm a pussy who hides behind a keyboard. Good for you. As you call people a coward from behind your keyboard.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Towne View Post
Thought about it but I talked with the guy. He has it shut off for now so we will see how long it lasts or what he ends up doing.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #7
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Thought about it but I talked with the guy. He has it shut off for now so we will see how long it lasts or what he ends up doing.
I'm stunned that after you went and made him aware of the problem, he actually tried to fix the problem. How very un-humane of him.
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
I'm stunned that after you went and made him aware of the problem, he actually tried to fix the problem. How very un-humane of him.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #9
Quit your bullshit

Quote:
Just your tone makes it pretty clear that you expect the worst even though it sounds to me like your neighbor has done nothing wrong.

He put up a light in his yard. I doubt that he realized that it shined so brightly into your house. After working up some big confrontation scenario in your head, you asked him to turn it off, and he agreed.

There is an asshole in this scenario, and I don't think it's him.
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #10
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
Just your tone makes it pretty clear that you expect the worst even though it sounds to me like your neighbor has done nothing wrong.

He put up a light in his yard. I doubt that he realized that it shined so brightly into your house. After working up some big confrontation scenario in your head, you asked him to turn it off, and he agreed.

There is an asshole in this scenario, and I don't think it's him.
Yea, he wasn't an asshole for putting up a 10ft light that outshines the streetlights in the first place. And it is against city code.

So much for your thinking....

I'll be the first to admit I am an asshole, but I think your math is off, dickhead.

And what an asshole I was to spend $500 of my own money to try and block it before I talked to him and thus avoided him getting any fines. Yea, that was a real dick move on my part, wasn't it?

Last edited by petegz28; 01-10-2009 at 07:29 PM..
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #11
Quit your bullshit

Quote:
Yea, he wasn't an asshole for putting up a 10ft light that outshines the streetlights in the first place. And it is against city code.

So much for your thinking....

I'll be the first to admit I am an asshole, but I think your math is off, dickhead.

And what an asshole I was to spend $500 of my own money to try and block it before I talked to him and thus avoided him getting any fines. Yea, that was a real dick move on my part, wasn't it?
That doesn't make him an asshole. If you had asked him to turn it off at night and he refused, it would make him an asshole. I'm not convinced that it's against city code, either. There is a city code that regulates how bright a light can be, but I haven't seen any proof that this light necessarily violates the code. Just because you say that it does doesn't make it so. He hasn't been cited, and it sounds like the light has been up for months with no complaints from anyone but you.

Spending the $500 makes you an idiot, not an asshole. You make it sound like it was some act of benevolence on your part in order to save your dear neighbor a fine, but you hadn't even discussed the issue with him. It sounds like you spent $500 because you were too much of a pussy to have a man to man conversation with your neighbor on the mean streets of Olathe.

Just to avoid any further confusion:

Buying the $500 tree makes you an idiot.

Being afraid to have a simple talk with your neighbor makes you a pussy.

Still assuming the worst about a guy who, once he realized that his light was a nuisance, agreed to your request to turn it off at night makes you an asshole.

Crying about another poster telling you the truth in a thread that you started on the topic makes you a bitch.

I double-checked my math this time.
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #12
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts View Post
I would go over and tell him you appreciate him turning the light out last night. Then I'd tell him what time you don't mind him turning it on for the night. OTW is right though. He may have been oblivious to it when he put it in, but the combination of you installing a tree in to try and block it, and his turning it off to show off his Christmas lights should've been the writing on the wall.
Yea, depending on what he does in the long run, I figured I would thank him. Though as some said, he did ask for it by puttin git up in the first place.

And just to correct some people, not you particularly, I did NOT engage the Police. It was never my intention to engage the Police and I stopped it before the Police got involved. I merely entered a complaint to the city as I did feel a dick move deserved something of a dick move in return. Some agree with that, some don't.

The city for some reason says this is one code that has to be enforced by the Police and therefore I thought better to have the face to face.

Still part of me would of liked to of seen him get a fine just for doing it in the first place. But, I am a dick too so...anyhow, hopefully things will work out and he can have his "dimmer" light and I can have dinner and a nice evening on my deck without wearing blinders myself.

Now we can go back to Zach calling people keyboard commandos and calling people cowards from behind the safety of his keyboard.