Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6731
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6309
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6689
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6588
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:41 PM   #1426
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Anyone ever done a turkey on a Treager?
I might have.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:57 PM   #1427
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Thanks.

Yip!

Any questions or looking for a testimony?
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:04 PM   #1428
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Anyone ever done a turkey on a Treager?

You have the most toys to cook on/in of anyone I have ever seen. I am more than impressed!
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:05 AM   #1429
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Yip!

Any questions or looking for a testimony?
Yes, please. How'd you do it, how did it turn out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post

You have the most toys to cook on/in of anyone I have ever seen. I am more than impressed!
LOL Obsession + supportive wife.

I still need a pizza oven ...
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:23 AM   #1430
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
I smoked 20 pounds of baby back ribs yesterday.
Pics or it didn't happen.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:40 AM   #1431
MVP

marinated some salmon in a soy/mirin/sesame/ginger marinade. Grilled veggies and salmon and served as a bowl over brown rice and spinich.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3171.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	118158   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3172.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	118159   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3174.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	118160  
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:41 AM   #1432
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, please. How'd you do it, how did it turn out?LOL Obsession + supportive wife.

I still need a pizza oven ...
Put a rub on it the wife makes, followed the treager cook book for heat and length of time.taste good! We do whole chicken all the time, easy and they turn out great
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:44 AM   #1433
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

did a 14# prime brisket yesterday, dalmation rub with a little added paprika. Turned out great.
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:20 AM   #1434
Run Chiefs fans, run!!

4 racks of Pork Ribs, Sausage and Corn On The Cob.
Predarat threw an interception on a screen pass.Predarat threw an interception on a screen pass.Predarat threw an interception on a screen pass.Predarat threw an interception on a screen pass.Predarat threw an interception on a screen pass.Predarat threw an interception on a screen pass.Predarat threw an interception on a screen pass.Predarat threw an interception on a screen pass.Predarat threw an interception on a screen pass.Predarat threw an interception on a screen pass.Predarat threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:17 PM   #1435
MVP

Doing 2 more chickens as the SO carried some smaller birds home. These were 4.5lbs since 3.5 - 4lb birds don't seem to exist anymore. Over the weekend they were over 5 lbs easy.
I'm smoking the sirloin tip that was left over from the weekend (grilled 3 reserved one) and will sear it on my recently upgraded George Foerman grill that I have been hacking upgraded from on off to high low control for just searing. (it was $2.50 at Goodwill) and can handle 2 sammies on low or 2 steaks on incinerate setting. I will be reading surface temps later tonight but should be in the 600 degree area.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:19 PM   #1436
In Search of a Life

im seriously thinking about getting me a smoker this year, any recommendations on one? nothing to serious, but something solid for a first timer!
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #1437
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
I might have.
done 3 of em. easy stuff, tastes as great as a turkey possibly can
REDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-08-2019, 02:52 PM   #1438
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
im seriously thinking about getting me a smoker this year, any recommendations on one? nothing to serious, but something solid for a first timer!
ive had a Traeger for 4 yrs now, easiest way to do perfect bbq there is,
can hardly mess it up even when drunk !
REDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-08-2019, 02:54 PM   #1439
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
Weber Smokey Mountain. Just get the 18" model. You can find them on FB Marketplace or ebay, craigslist, etc for around $150. It'll last forever. I've had mine, although it's the larger model, now for over 12 years
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:54 PM   #1440
Veteran

did a tri-tip this week, rubbed it with head country seasoning overnight and set Traeger
at 185 and left it alone till it hit 145 was the tenderest I ever had, wonderful bark and flavor was fantastic