Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2020, 09:24 AM   #11
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
Lol at blaming the refs. Were there even any controversial calls?

The catch that got overturned was the right call.
Maybe a pass interference on kelce that was subjective...
They're upset about the 3rd and 1 holding call, from what I can tell. And they're upset because the officiating crew did a poor job announcing it.

So as SOON as the ball is snapped, the sideline judge throws a flag. And then as the play is progressing, the judge behind the play throws another one. The officials huddle and announce the hold.

Titans fans: "The sideline judge had decided he was going to throw a flag either way! It's rigged!!!"

Well they didn't see the official behind the play throwing the holding flag. And during the conference with the officials, they either 'picked up' the sideline judge's flag or just ignored it. But you can see from the replay that he threw it because the WR and TE are both on the line. It was an illegal formation flag that he threw. Had the officials just done the usual "There are two flags on the play, both against the offense..." they'd have had nothing to bitch about.

But because the officials only announced the holding penalty, Titans fans are calling it rigged. It wasn't - the RG committed a stupid (and egregious) hold on the backside of the play. It was a clear penalty right in front of the official that had no bearing on the play itself. But it was an obvious penalty.

As for the PI on Hardman...pft, who cares? Game was effectively over at that point and that play gets called more often than it doesn't. Do I think it SHOULD? No, no I do not. That was an underthrown ball and the DB should've had the right to his spot on the field. This whole 'turn his head' thing is so boilerplate these days as to become comical. That was solid defense to me on a poorly thrown pass that created contact. Do I wish the NFL would stop bailing offenses out for those kinds of throws? Yup - but they aren't. They throw that flag nearly every time. It was no different than the PI on Breeland on 3rd and 22 - that was a penalty. He grabbed the jersey. Was it soft? Yup. Did it matter on the play? Nope. I wish they'd let that stuff go but ultimately they don't.

I agree with the folks saying that it was one of the better officiated games of the year - they did a really nice job.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.