Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-10-2005, 08:09 PM  
BAMF

Strouds fried chicken

A few months back, while in KC, my relatives took me to a dumpy old joint called Strouds that looked like it was converted from a house. Despite the exterior, the inside was hospitable. They had the best damn fried chicken I've ever eaten, and serve enough food to make Whitlock uncomfortable. I know the next time I'm in town, I'll desperately be searching for that place.

Has anyone else ever eaten there? Are they famous in town for their chicken, or am I just sheltered?
jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-22-2020, 03:24 PM   #196
Veteran

Stroud’s is so overrated besides the cinnamon rolls.

Chicken and mashed are way too bland. Just my opinion....
kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:04 PM   #197
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
give me - Bartos, Chicken Annie's or Chicken Mary's in SEKS.
Hattie Bs
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:31 PM   #198
Starter

My wife and i ate there last year. Not impressed. Chicken had no seasoning, very bland. Just my opinion, but I feel I get tastier chicken at KFC
mrroandrro has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mrroandrro has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mrroandrro has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mrroandrro has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mrroandrro has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mrroandrro has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mrroandrro has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mrroandrro has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mrroandrro has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mrroandrro has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mrroandrro has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:56 PM   #199
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
No because scalloped potatoes have cheese.

The glaze is generally made from sugar, vinegar, and bacon grease.

Have you ever had Dutch wilted lettuce? Same glaze.
This.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:14 PM   #200
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Strouds isn't bad, the chicken fried chicken is solid but that is a dish I always enjoy.
I've never understood the term "chicken fried chicken". Isn't that just fried chicken?

(Still not as bad a term as "boneless wings")
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:17 PM   #201
You Sweetie!

It's not mayo based - it's more of a vinaigrette/vinegar type - often you'll see poppy seeds in it - it's a little bitter but quite refreshing in the summer mos. It's delicious w/ fried chicken, works out well.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:17 PM   #202
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrroandrro View Post
My wife and i ate there last year. Not impressed. Chicken had no seasoning, very bland. Just my opinion, but I feel I get tastier chicken at KFC
on a good day - KFC is still very good - OG recipe of course
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:23 PM   #203
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
I've never understood the term "chicken fried chicken". Isn't that just fried chicken?

(Still not as bad a term as "boneless wings")
It's a mobius strip of adaptive naming.

Chicken fried steak was steak fried [like chicken], except they also deboned it, pounded it flat and served it over potatoes with gravy on top.

So now chicken fried chicken is chicken fried [like chicken], deboned, pounded flat and served over potatoes with gravy on top. [technically, it should be southern style chicken Milanese]

And boneless wings are officially saucy nugs.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:41 PM   #204
You Sweetie!

it's a way for restaurants that offer both beef and chicken under the same cooking procedure to distinguish between the two.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:42 PM   #205
You Sweetie!

I think one place used it - and it sort of 'caught on.'
Old 09-22-2020, 09:42 PM   #206
MVP

OK This place used to be great, not sure now...

"AQ Chicken serves over a million satisfied customers a year"
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:44 AM   #207
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
OK This place used to be great, not sure now...

"AQ Chicken serves over a million satisfied customers a year"
A "million a year" is rolling the customers right through. They are open 10.5 hours a day. So averaging right at 261 customers per hour.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:08 AM   #208
Be Kind To Your Pets

Stroud's chicken strips are the absolute best. They also had wonderful fried prawns and great charcoal cooked pork chops. The gravy is absolutely fabulous and so are the green beans and cinnamon rolls.

I've had chicken down around Pittsburg, KS before. I didn't go to Chicken Mary's, it was some place with an italian name that had chicken and other stuff. Think it was this place in Frontenac, KS: http://www.bartosidlehour.com/
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:09 AM   #209
Starter

I get tastier fried chicken at Bojangles or Lee’s Fried Chicken in Richmond. I honestly do not miss this place that much back home.
Funkstown is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Funkstown is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Funkstown is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:45 AM   #210
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
No because scalloped potatoes have cheese.

The glaze is generally made from sugar, vinegar, and bacon grease.

Have you ever had Dutch wilted lettuce? Same glaze.
Oh man, I'll eat the SHIT out of some wilted lettuce.

So this is essentially the same stuff but on a sliced up baked potato? I'm typically wary of german potato salad but that sounds like it may be damn good.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.