Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: The first mass market Covid-19 vaccine in America will be created by...
Astrazeneca/University of Oxford (Viral Vector Vaccine – Great Britain) 12 16.67%
BioNTech/Pfizer (Genetic Vaccine – Europe) 3 4.17%
CanSino Biologics/China Academy of Military Medical Science (Viral Vector Vaccine - China) 0 0%
CureVac/Gates Foundation (Genetic Vaccine - Germany) 2 2.78%
Gamaleya Research Institute/Russia Ministry of Health (Viral Vector Vaccine - Russia) 3 4.17%
Johnson & Johnson/Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Viral Vector Vaccine - USA) 3 4.17%
Moderna/National Institute of Health (Genetic Vaccine - USA) 17 23.61%
Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (Repurposed Vaccine – Australia) 0 0%
North Korea State Commission on Science and Technology (Protein-Based and most likely completely fictional Vaccine – North Korea) 3 4.17%
Novavax (Protein-Based Vaccine - USA) 1 1.39%
Sinopharm/Wuhan Institute of Biological Products (Whole-Virus Vaccine – China) 0 0%
Sinovac (Whole-Virus Vaccine - China) 0 0%
Someone else (based in the United States) 5 6.94%
Someone else (based in Europe) 0 0%
Someone else (based in China) 2 2.78%
Someone else (based in some other country not mentioned above) 0 0%
I don't think there'll ever be a vaccine created 1 1.39%
I don't care, because I'll never take a vaccine. 7 9.72%
I don't know. Do I look like an expert on viral vaccine development to you? 13 18.06%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2020, 07:03 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Who will produce the first mass Covid vaccine?

Who's going to be the first to mass market in the USA? Cast your public vote in the poll. Here are the rules to determine the winner.

1. We're the USA. We don't care if the Chinese or Russians or North Koreans stick stuff in their people. Only the USA counts.

2. It'll be hard to get exact figures, but as a general rule let's count the winner as the first organization that gets vaccinations inside the bodies of 25 million Americans in at least 25 different states.

I'll include what I think are the leading contenders in the poll, and you can read about them here, as of August 16th, 2020:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng...avirus-vaccine

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...stitute%20one.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:12 PM   #2
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Personally, I think it's a two-horse race between Astrazeneca and Moderna. They both seemed to get off to a fast start. The stock market seems to like Novavax's chances, so maybe they're in the mix, too, but it seems like they started out a bit behind.

I think the Russian one is nothing more than a premature Phase 3 testing on an unwilling population, so it'll be behind on approvals, and I don't see a Chinese vaccine having any chance for approval in the USA unless there's no other choice.

The North Korean one makes me laugh. They're claiming to be working on it, but they also claim that there are no Covid cases in North Korea so they can't test it. You know they'll come up with some sort of ginseng kimchii pill eight years from now.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:20 PM   #3
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Rushed vaccines scare me.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:21 PM   #4
The Constitutional Choo choo

Im in the final testing stages of a all new Body Mask.

We're working on two versions. The Pull UP & Zip Up body mask and a Spray On body mask.
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:23 PM   #5
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Brett Veach. Did you see how he saved our cap after it suffered from the Dorsonavirus?
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:31 PM   #6
Mod Team

IBIO
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:32 PM   #7
The Maintenance Guy

What, no antifreeze option?
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:46 PM   #8
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
What, no antifreeze option?
That's the North Korean option. It looks like you're first in line.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:52 PM   #9
MVP

Im pretty certain that it'll be me. I just need to go get a few people Covid19 to come to my place and chill. I just bought $5000 worth of Essential Oils. I have a cup worth of every type of oil out there. I'll have the infected person drink a mixture of certain ones. Essential Oils can cure mild pain, depression, cancer, and gayness. Surely one or a mixture of several can cure Coronavid19
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:57 PM   #10
Future NBA Finals MVP

Whatever company can convince dumb American antivaxxers to take it IMO
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:01 PM   #11
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Whatever company can convince dumb American antivaxxers to take it IMO
My wife and I were chatting the other day, and she expressed concern that antivaxxers would ruin the effectiveness of vaccines. My response was that I don't care that much as long as I'm vaccinated. If people enjoy getting sick, and they only infect other people who enjoy getting sick, then the only downside for me is hearing their annoying coughing and dying when I'm out on the town.

She did bring up the good point, though, that if people have permanent medical issues as a result, they could drag down the economy. I guess that's a good point.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:01 PM   #12
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

If it comes from China it will have been accomplished with stolen U.S. research. At the least that should put an asterisk next to their name in the record book.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:09 PM   #13
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

IBIO!
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:40 PM   #14
Fish are scared of me

China already had a vaccine before they unleashed the virus on the world. It's part of their 100 year plan.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:42 PM   #15
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
IBIO!
Q
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.