Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 11:47 AM  
Sexiest Athlete

TSA Pre-Check

Anyone do TSA Pre-Check? If so, how long does the application process take? Looks like you have to pre-apply, and then take documents into a special service location and get fingerprinted. After that, how long does it take to get your pre-check approved?

Thanks!

Fat E
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:58 AM   #2
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
Anyone do TSA Pre-Check? If so, how long does the application process take? Looks like you have to pre-apply, and then take documents into a special service location and get fingerprinted. After that, how long does it take to get your pre-check approved?

Thanks!

Fat E
Honestly I don't even think you have to do the pre-application.

Go right up to the CLEAR personnel inside the airport and they can get you signed up with fingerprint, picture, etc in about 15 minutes. Done on the CLEAR computer.

You will get your KTN emailed/texted to you within 3-5 days.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:59 AM   #3
Seize life. Be an ermine.

It's been a long time since my initial process. For some reason I think it might've taken three weeks or so after I applied. I could be remembering wrong, though. Also, the process may have changed since the quaint olden days when I did it with a newspaper in hand and my horse and buggy waiting outside.

It's worth it. 90 percent of the time I cruise security in 1/4 the time of the normal security, and with less hassle. I always disliked having to take my shoes off and pull my computer out.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:02 PM   #4
Cheat Death

I walked into a Staples and did it in a couple minutes

Think I waited a week or so for it to fully process
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:42 PM   #5
George Brett shit his pants

Not long. They just make sure you arent a terrorist. Its a pretty awesome deal especially at bigger airports
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:48 PM   #6
Ain't no relax!

The mandatory body cavity search usually takes forever...
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:55 PM   #7
Elway be drinkin' again

For TSA I scheduled an appointment at the airport. It took 3 weeks. For Global entry it took a couple of months.

I have TSA, Global entry and Nexus for Canada. I swear sometimes the lines at Denver TSA are longer than the normal "take your shoes off and your computer out of the bag" line. We had a couple of people travel to South Carolina this past week. They were thru normal security before I was.
Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 01:22 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
The mandatory body cavity search usually takes forever...
Fat E was already going to sign up, you don't have to keep selling him on it.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:29 PM   #9
Award Winning Tailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers View Post
For TSA I scheduled an appointment at the airport. It took 3 weeks. For Global entry it took a couple of months.

I have TSA, Global entry and Nexus for Canada. I swear sometimes the lines at Denver TSA are longer than the normal "take your shoes off and your computer out of the bag" line. We had a couple of people travel to South Carolina this past week. They were thru normal security before I was.
I’ve noticed the same thing lately. It’s a bit frustrating, but it’s only been a few minutes difference. if you travel internationally, global entry is a must.
Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 01:55 PM   #10
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers View Post

As long as it's not WAY longer, I still prefer it so you don't have to deal with taking shoes off , taking (non metal) shit out of your pockets, it taking toiletries/laptops out of your bags.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:57 PM   #11
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
I’ve noticed the same thing lately. It’s a bit frustrating, but it’s only been a few minutes difference. if you travel internationally, global entry is a must.
When I came back from Japan, they had just moved to facial recognition, and it was INSANELY fast with Global Entry. I'm not exaggerating when I say I barely broke stride going through immigration. Probably like 3 seconds at the kiosk, and the agent yelled my name and said I'm good to go on through.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:09 PM   #12
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Yeah I have Global entry myself and that also comes with the Pre. I think it took around a month for it to show up after I went through the song and dance. DEFINETLY worth it.

On a side note, I screwed myself out of another knife last week. I always carry a knife and I forgot to stick it in my checked bag. I remembered just as I was at the point where I had to start sticking my stuff in totes. If I would have noticed it earlier, I would have tossed it into my backpack and hoped they missed it. When I handed it to TSA the guy says "Do you want to surrender this?" I said "**** no, but I assume I don't have much of a choice." I did that one other time here at the local airport, but figured it out just before going through security. I jumped out of line and buried it in a plant pot. It was still there when I returned from the trip.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.