Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-02-2023, 02:43 PM  
Veteran

Azrealo's definitive list of Faulkners best works, ranked

An esteemed member we have here, Razeale, aka Elaazor, is a Faulkner scholar. I'm making this thread for him to rank Faulkner's best work down through his worst. Short stories and posthumously published stories are both in scope. Regale us with your Faulkner knowledge sir, you are very familiar with his works, so much so he's your avatar so he's you and you're him. Give us a rank with explanations on each.

I might chime in on a book or two and disagree but I'll wait for his list before I get going. So nice to have a Faulkner scholar amongst us.
Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-04-2023, 04:55 AM   #2
Immanentize The Eschaton

You'll have to answer a few questions to activate this thread:

1) What was Faulkner's (official) 40 time?
2) How many strings did Faulkner use to play The Blues?
3) How often have you aced the Faulkner thread in the Trivia subforum?
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 07:56 PM   #3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
You'll have to answer a few questions to activate this thread:

1) What was Faulkner's (official) 40 time?
2) How many strings did Faulkner use to play The Blues?
3) How often have you aced the Faulkner thread in the Trivia subforum?
I'll tell ya what's wild listeo pencil. Since Joseph Blotner died, I think I might really be the top Faulkner scholar on the whole planet. I don't think anyone knows Faulkner better than I do.

Now you might point out that Ole Miss offers a whole degree in 'Faulkner Studies', and they do. There are professors in the field of Faulkner Studies. But they focus on the wrong thing. They are way far afield. It's strictly a study through CRT in that whole field. I read a recent book on Faulkner that said in its introduction "it's time to stop judging Faulkner by what he wrote and time to start judging him on what he didn't write". These aren't scholars. These are activists.

So I brush all academia aside as it pertains to Faulkner. Who is left that is still alive?

Your boy VK, that's who. I've been all over the Internet and modern Faulkner scholars don't really exist. I really think I am the top Faulkner scholar, still living, on the planet.
Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 08:31 PM   #4
Veteran

That's nice for you.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote