Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2023, 09:14 AM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****

Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
  • Aug. 31 - South Dakoka - W
  • Sept 9 - Middle Tennessee - W
  • Sept 16 - kansas State - W
  • Sept 23 - Memphis
  • Sept 30 - @Vanderbilt
  • Oct 7 - LSU
  • Oct 14 - @Kentucky
  • Oct 21 - South Carolina
  • Nov 4 - @Georgia
  • Nov 11 - Tennessee
  • Nov 18 - Florida
  • Nov 24 - @Arkansas

Recruiting Class
Rivals

Last edited by duncan_idaho; 09-18-2023 at 07:45 AM..
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2023, 12:06 PM   #181
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I just can't believe how bad he was last year. He had 5 games where he didn't throw a TD and 5 games with only 1 TD. 9 of his 14 TDs came in 3 games. He had a 4 game stretch where he ran the ball 39 times and gained 3 total yards.

Nothing about his play last season was even slightly encouraging. I didn't watch every single minute of every single game, but I didn't see any flashes of greatness from him. I don't get it.
The K-State game was the absolute worst, he was putrid.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-18-2023, 12:27 PM   #182
Starter

With his experience last year there is a small chance of improvement but my god I don’t know if I can watch another season of cook at qb wasting a fantastic defense. I’m holding out hope on Horn but with drinkwitz he’s so damn stubborn at qb.
Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boxer_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-18-2023, 01:30 PM   #183
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
I just can't believe how bad he was last year. He had 5 games where he didn't throw a TD and 5 games with only 1 TD. 9 of his 14 TDs came in 3 games. He had a 4 game stretch where he ran the ball 39 times and gained 3 total yards.

Nothing about his play last season was even slightly encouraging. I didn't watch every single minute of every single game, but I didn't see any flashes of greatness from him. I don't get it.
You know what was worse than Cook?

The OL.

Also, you keep citing a 4 game stretch with 39 rushing attempts for 3 yards. Assuming you're referring to Auburn-Vanderbilt stretch.

He was sacked 13 times during that time period. Unlike the NFL, sacks count against rushing yards for a QB, not passing.

Last edited by Rams Fan; 08-18-2023 at 01:38 PM..
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-18-2023, 06:16 PM   #184
Mahomes > God

Dre Kirkpatrick Jr. committed to Bama…thought we had a real shot at him but can’t blame him.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-18-2023, 07:29 PM   #185
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
You know what was worse than Cook?

The OL.

Also, you keep citing a 4 game stretch with 39 rushing attempts for 3 yards. Assuming you're referring to Auburn-Vanderbilt stretch.

He was sacked 13 times during that time period. Unlike the NFL, sacks count against rushing yards for a QB, not passing.
Yeah, Imma guess he didn't realize that sacks took away from rushing yards and his stat was a MASSIVE indictment of the OL.

That or he was being intentionally disingenuous because, as I previously noted, he's a miserable ****.

Coin flip odds, really.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 08:17 PM   #186
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah, Imma guess he didn't realize that sacks took away from rushing yards and his stat was a MASSIVE indictment of the OL.

That or he was being intentionally disingenuous because, as I previously noted, he's a miserable ****.

Coin flip odds, really.
Definitely forgot about sacks being included in rushing yards.

I'm not sure how being frustrated with a coach that feels the need to keep trotting out a QB that sucks shit is me being miserable. Especially when 75% of fans have an issue with it. You seem to have some weird bias about the whole thing and I'm not sure what it is. You being fine with the kid starting when he hasn't shown any signs that he can be anything more than average is weird, especially coming from you.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-18-2023, 08:24 PM   #187
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Definitely forgot about sacks being included in rushing yards.

I'm not sure how being frustrated with a coach that feels the need to keep trotting out a QB that sucks shit is me being miserable. Especially when 75% of fans have an issue with it. You seem to have some weird bias about the whole thing and I'm not sure what it is. You being fine with the kid starting when he hasn't shown any signs that he can be anything more than average is weird, especially coming from you.
Because in college you get no reward for having a shit season like you do in the NFL.

Yes, Drinkwitz missed on QBs for 2022 and it remains TBD what happens for 2023. Yes, QB play needs to improve long term. Yes, Cook is an average FBS starter.

That doesn’t change the fact that he’s the best guy on the roster currently to be QB1 (unless/until someone proves otherwise) and playing someone else who may not be ready to be QB1 only further risks the team losing guys via transfer.

If OL is decent and the support cast as a whole improved from last season, no reason for this team to not win 6-8 games with Cook.

2024 is when the pressure should be on.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:21 PM   #188
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Well they have to play at least one season, because they are only eligible to get that money if they sign their NLI. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way to get out of that NLI is if the coach leaves.
It doesn't have to be a national letter of intent. They have to sign a financial aid agreement with the school, but those are not binding.

The risk is more at the end of their first year enrolled at the school in question, IMO, than while they're still in HS. You're really talking about a period between September and December, of 3 months, when they could be getting NIL and still sign elsewhere. I suspect you won't see the whole NIL package dropped in those fall months... some of it, sure. And maybe benefits that can be rescinded.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:23 PM   #189
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
Because in college you get no reward for having a shit season like you do in the NFL.

Yes, Drinkwitz missed on QBs for 2022 and it remains TBD what happens for 2023. Yes, QB play needs to improve long term. Yes, Cook is an average FBS starter.

That doesn’t change the fact that he’s the best guy on the roster currently to be QB1 (unless/until someone proves otherwise) and playing someone else who may not be ready to be QB1 only further risks the team losing guys via transfer.

If OL is decent and the support cast as a whole improved from last season, no reason for this team to not win 6-8 games with Cook.

2024 is when the pressure should be on.
As has been noted multiple times, the fact that a bottom tier “talent” like Cook is potentially the best option this far into the Drinkwitz regime is really sad and pathetic.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-19-2023, 11:16 PM   #190
MVP

Pretty stellar ****ing news tonight. Horn and Cook will both play week 1 and battle it out for starting QB. Color me completely and totally surprised! Happy as hell too though.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-20-2023, 12:19 PM   #191
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
PowerMizzou’s football beat reporter, Jarod Hamilton, reported it yesterday in practice notes. Running even on reps with the 1s. Specifically talked about his mastery of the j offense showing great progress from last year.

One thing I forgot about Horn is that he’s a type 1 diabetic. That’s a big adjustment for college and, I suspect, one of the reasons his parents wanted him to have a year to acclimate.
Get the mo****a a Dexcom and some arm strength, then.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2023, 12:29 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
As has been noted multiple times, the fact that a bottom tier “talent” like Cook is potentially the best option this far into the Drinkwitz regime is really sad and pathetic.
"This far into..."

It's 3 dang recruiting cycles and during 2 of those he's managed to get extremely high end QB talent that may/may not be ready yet. And it seemed as though Horn and his family didn't really WANT to be starting last year.

Oh, and it looked for all the world when he arrived like he HAD a high-end QB in Bazelak who simply didn't work out here or elsewhere after he transferred.

Y'all act like he's missed on a half-dozen quarterback choices. Horn's his first spin of the wheel and there's a really good chance that he or Garcia end up starting meaningful games for this team as early as mid-season.

Nobody is saying he's the CLEAR right answer. But it's just so nutty to sit here and insist he clearly isn't already. The program's growth has been exponential over the last few years. He's racking up high-end receiving/running talent and has now seemingly started making great progress on the defense.

He's GETTING excellent QB talent to come here to boot.

Y'all wanna toss him out of here like he's Kim Anderson and that's simply not fair.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 02:26 PM   #193
The Insider

ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2023, 02:30 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
I'm sure we'll all view their respective performances with a completely neutral eye...
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 10:36 PM   #195
Mahomes > God

ESPN did their record predictions today and have Mizzou going 5-7 with a 2-6 conference record….

If that happens, Eli should be left on the tarmac in Fayetteville lol…holy shit…
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.