Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2010, 06:18 AM  
In Search of a Life

50 Beers to Try Before You Die

Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 04-01-2011 at 08:05 PM..
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:48 PM   #3781
King Sandbagger

BKS is killing it. Great beers.
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:51 PM   #3782
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
New Holland which is close to Founders in Michigan brews Dragons Milk which is 11% as a regular beer and Pilgrims Dole which is a 12% Barleywine every year.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:49 PM   #3783
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
My wife wins the weekend for lugging these KC beers back to Chicago for me. The BKS coffee stout is fantastic. I thought Clouds was tasty as well. I'd be excited if I still lived in KC, especially the old hood. I think BKS will up that beer scene exponentially.

Oh, man. She's so ****ing dope. Looks good!
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:40 PM   #3784
Cheat Death

So after being lucky enough to drink the 2017 Bourbon County lineup on Sunday, I came away impressed (and drunken). Anyone that cares can read my amateurish thoughts as a non-authority who prefers IPAs in the spoiler.

Spoiler!

Here's a pic of the haul (Reserve & Prop).

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:33 PM   #3785
Would an idiot do that?

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:24 PM   #3786
MVP

The coffee and blueberry and almond ones sound right up my alley.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:32 PM   #3787
Starter

Speaking of BCBS, I’m going to be in K.C. close to Olathe for thanksgiving. How hard is it to track down in KC? I’ve never been there for Black Friday so I wondered if there was any spot that would be more likely to have it.
SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:40 PM   #3788
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I suppose it was worth missing the Chiefs game over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
The coffee and blueberry and almond ones sound right up my alley.
I'm far from a coffee aficionado, but this years coffee used Intelligentsia’s Black Cat Espresso. I'm familiar with Intelligentsia because my favorite bar here serves it all day. I'll sometimes get a cold pressed coffee from them to-go and use it to jazz up a regular ol shelf stout at home. That said, I'll just say that there's a number of people here that prefer the coffee of others to Intelligentsia's. I thought it was very good, my wife who's also familiar with their coffee, loved it.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:48 PM   #3789
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I suppose it was worth missing the Chiefs game over.

I'm far from a coffee aficionado, but this years coffee used Intelligentsia’s Black Cat Espresso. I'm familiar with Intelligentsia because my favorite bar here serves it all day. I'll sometimes get a cold pressed coffee from them to-go and use it to jazz up a regular ol shelf stout at home. That said, I'll just say that there's a number of people here that prefer the coffee of others to Intelligentsia's. I thought it was very good, my wife who's also familiar with their coffee, loved it.
Hate to break it to you but as long as the beans aren't burnt, all espresso should taste pretty much the same. The long roasting time and heat burns off the coffee oil which actually has the flavor.

The historical reason for this is that when coffee was first popular in Europe the beans came from all over the place and were of varying quality. Roasting them dark basically made them all taste the same. That is why coffee in Southern Europe: France, Spain, Italy, Austria, and Turkey are all dark roasts while Northern Europe and the Americas: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Belgium are more of a medium roast as they got coffee beans much later once origin and quality were figured out.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:53 PM   #3790
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
Hate to break it to you but as long as the beans aren't burnt, all espresso should taste pretty much the same. The long roasting time and heat burns off the coffee oil which actually has the flavor.

The historical reason for this is that when coffee was first popular in Europe the beans came from all over the place and were of varying quality. Roasting them dark basically made them all taste the same. That is why coffee in Southern Europe: France, Spain, Italy, Austria, and Turkey are all dark roasts while Northern Europe and the Americas: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Belgium are more of a medium roast as they got coffee beans much later once origin and quality were figured out.
As I said, comes down to whether or not you like expresso

Thanks for the coffee insight though, seriously, had no idea.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:31 AM   #3791
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ View Post
Speaking of BCBS, I’m going to be in K.C. close to Olathe for thanksgiving. How hard is it to track down in KC? I’ve never been there for Black Friday so I wondered if there was any spot that would be more likely to have it.
Lukas Liquors, Gomer's, Bubbles (in the Northland), Village West Liquors (Speedway) should all have it... I think Gomer's requires you have a loyalty card though. I'm sure there are others, but those are the stores I focused on.

The issue is (at least in the past) they limit to one or two bottles... one year they came out with 4 packs and places were limiting to one or two 12oz bottles.

I had given up on it in KC... limited, relatively expensive, and on ****ing Black Friday.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:28 AM   #3792
Cheat Death

Video of the Goose Island BCBS line in Chicago. The line started yesterday around noon-ish. About the only time I wish for freezing rain and snow.

https://www.facebook.com/WGNTV/video...5081021337411/
Old 11-24-2017, 08:35 AM   #3793
Veteran

Well, didn’t get the coffee that I was hoping for, but I got a regular, a reserve, and a barleywine. Not really a barleywine fan, but grabbed it just because I could. It should make a nice gift.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:15 AM   #3794
MVP

Small questionnaire for the beer aficionados:

1)What are your 3 favorite styles?
2)What are your least favorite styles?
3)Favorite craft brewer?
4)Favorite non-craft domestic brewer?
5)Favorite non-craft international brewer?
6)Favorite beer right now?

1)What are your 3 favorite styles? Stout, Hefeweizen, Bock
2)What are your least favorite styles? IPA, Pale Ale, Chili ales
3)Favorite craft brewer? Clown Shoes
4)Favorite non-craft domestic brewer? Spoeztl better known as Shiner
5)Favorite non-craft international brewer? Schneider Weisse
6)Favorite beer right now? Aventinus
Old 11-24-2017, 10:13 AM   #3795
Cheat Death

1)What are your 3 favorite styles? IPA, Saison, Zwickel
2)What are your least favorite styles? Hefeweizen, Rauchbier, Irish Dry Stout
3)Favorite craft brewer? Half Acre
4)Favorite non-craft domestic brewer? Lagunitas
5)Favorite non-craft international brewer? Not exactly sure what qualifies, but Ayinger
6)Favorite beer right now? Corridor Provisions - SqueezIt