Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-17-2024, 03:20 PM   #2
Politically Incorrect

They can suck the luck out of my thick dick.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:26 PM   #3
Veteran

While I enjoyed the video I'd suggest that the calculations/numbers are off.

How can he use total possessions but base everything else (missed kicks, defense dropped INT, WR dropped pass and such) on snaps?

In the video it talks about how many "possessions" each team gets a game. The guy said each team has about 11-12 possessions a game so he rounded it to a total of 25 possessions a game. I'd argue that with football you should use SNAPS not possessions. An average NFL game has a total of about 126 total snaps which is WAY more than the 25 number he talks about.

Put 126 into the calculations instead of 25 and all of those graphs and charts seem like every team has basically the same amount of luck or Bad luck.
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 04:41 PM   #4
Rookie

[QUOTE=BWillie;17484815]Get out your pitchforks boys, you ain't gonna like this. It's actually good arguments. We probably got lucky last year, unlucky in the losses to Brady because that mother****er is the luckiest person alive.

Luck is opportunity meets Mahomes
KCBlitz ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.KCBlitz ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old 04-17-2024, 04:47 PM   #5
sorta mod-ish

We won SB58 by just about the absolute slimmest of margins. I won't even begin to think or say it was luck that got us the win, but boy oh boy, if we don't make every yard and every play we did in all phases of the game, we lose that Super Bowl. And that's what makes it probably one of the best championship games we've seen in a LONG time. The game was THAT close.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 04:55 PM   #6
Everybody Lies.

Total luck that the blocker on the 9ers punt return had the awareness of a tent spike and let the football hit his foot. Also total luck that their returner had the wise idea to pick the ball up instead of falling on it.

I guess the Chiefs are lucky that the 49ers players are dumber and worse at football.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 05:17 PM   #7
Veteran

We won last year's Super Bowl having gone through objectively the toughest gauntlet of any Super Bowl winning team in the modern era:

Nananananaa - Fingers in ears and eyes, not watching that shite. We are the best!
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 06:22 PM   #8
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
We won last year's Super Bowl having gone through objectively the toughest gauntlet of any Super Bowl winning team in the modern era:

Nananananaa - Fingers in ears and eyes, not watching that shite. We are the best!
Thanks luck!!!
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 06:21 PM   #9

I wanted this video to be compelling, but it wasn't. They repeatedly cite missed field goals and made field goals as some of their main examples of "luck". If that's the case I can see why the Chiefs, with an all-time great kicker, are considered lucky. They also act like a fumble recovery is random and has no correlation to the awareness/reaction time of the players. And dropping passes and INTs? That's also all luck.

I believe there is plenty of luck in sports. I do agree that the limited number of posessions in football mean that one funny bounce of the ball can be massive. Whereas in basketball you get way more possessions and opportunities to overcome. That was probably their best point.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 06:35 PM   #10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
I wanted this video to be compelling, but it wasn't. They repeatedly cite missed field goals and made field goals as some of their main examples of "luck". If that's the case I can see why the Chiefs, with an all-time great kicker, are considered lucky. They also act like a fumble recovery is random and has no correlation to the awareness/reaction time of the players. And dropping passes and INTs? That's also all luck.

I believe there is plenty of luck in sports. I do agree that the limited number of posessions in football mean that one funny bounce of the ball can be massive. Whereas in basketball you get way more possessions and opportunities to overcome. That was probably their best point.
And games. NBA playoff series has minimum 4 games, max 7 games, and NFL playoff series has only 1 game. Thats gonna drive variance down quite a bit.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-18-2024, 08:45 AM   #11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post

While I agree that it's less than other sports, NBA, BUT I think they should talk about SNAPS not possessions. A QB snaps the ball on average 126 a game vs only 25 possessions. That would upset his charts and would make all teams about equal in the "luck" department.
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-17-2024, 06:24 PM   #12
Would an idiot do that?

Interesting concept and not a bad video... but, overall seems half-baked (and he even said so at the end, since he's not tracking terrible officiating calls and coin flips, etc.).

I think at one point he even excused the block EP in the SB as luck even after saying he didn't count blocked kicks.

He talks a good game, but seems like he's currently counting things that aren't 100% lucky (maybe a defense is good at recovering fumbles because they're always around the ball) while not counting things that are pure luck (how could you not count coin flips).

This is Luck Alpha, would be interested in knowing what it looks like when it's a finished project.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 08:01 PM   #13
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Didn't watch the video, didn't feel the need to.

It goes without saying that single elimination games are affected the most by 'luck.' It's the reason MLB/NBA/NHL do best-of-7 series. It's why pro pool tournaments are always race-to-13 or more. Playing more games reduces the luck factor.

However, it's tough to say it was luck when a team wins 3 out of four SBs in a relatively short period like 5 years. Sure, there's going to be some luck involved in any game, but luck isn't usually consistent for one team over another either.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 08:37 PM   #14
Veteran

Andy Reid, Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce Chris Jones, Spags, Sneed, McDuffie, Bolton, Gay….. and the rest!

Luck? lmao

Lucky we had these guys.
SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:24 PM   #15
MVP

This bullshit started with labeling DBs dropping interceptions and WRs dropping passes as being defined as luck. Your DBs or WRs ability to catch a ball isn't luck, it's a lack of skill or concentration.

Is this thing worth watching beyond those two examples?
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.