Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-17-2024, 01:56 PM   #2
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Nah they were good. You don't accomplish what they did just based on what you claim especially when you consider they lost a key piece in Hernandez due to his incarceration.

Regardless, hopefully they Chiefs can match their accomplishments in time wout all the controversies.
Tuck rule play?

Almost all of their Super Bowl wins were by one score/close games?

The bullshit Chris Jones roughing the passer call and the Dee Ford offsides call that got them to their final Super Bowl?

All luck.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 01:44 PM   #3
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Going to six AFCCG's and winning three SB's isn't just luck.

Exactly.

You have to buy a ticket in order to win the lottery. We’re the only team to buy tickets every year.

Some of those will be lucky tickets. Some will be unlucky. The skill is in always putting your team in a position to strike. And that part isn’t luck.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 09:24 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Going to six AFCCG's and winning three SB's isn't just luck.
Too bad Alex didn't stick around to benefit from all this luck.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-17-2024, 01:38 PM   #5
Indian Twitter

BWillie is lucky to make a 3' putt.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-17-2024, 01:40 PM   #6
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfree View Post
BWillie is lucky to make a 3' putt.
I had a nice 77 with 39 putts the other day. You would have laughed at me alot.

Luck also a big factor in golf. There are days I've hit the ball awful and shot par. Other days I've shot 83 and played great. Ball getting a fried egg lie in a bunker. Ending up in horrible lies around the green. Being blocked in by a tree when it's the only one there. Wind gust when the ball is already in the air.

Life is full of lucky breaks.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 01:42 PM   #7
Constable of Untruths

There is certainly "luck" in sports. There is "luck" in almost everything in life that has variation. When people equate luck to not being worthy of the outcome, that it turns into an argument.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 09:31 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
There is certainly "luck" in sports. There is "luck" in almost everything in life that has variation. When people equate luck to not being worthy of the outcome, that it turns into an argument.
The variation evens out in the end. What’s left over time is skill/talent.
ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:13 PM   #9
MVP

While there is certainly some luck involved whenever any team wins multiple championships, I'm pretty sure having a HOF Head Coach, QB, TE and DT helps slightly. I mean, just somewhat, but it probably was mostly luck.

God, I hate everyone.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:15 PM   #10
Veteran

is it luck to win at poker?
poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:28 PM   #11
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolboy View Post
For instance, if you come in first place in an elimination tournament that started with 100 players, that usually takes skill and luck.

Just coming out ahead most nights, night after night in ten person cash game, skill.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:32 PM   #12
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolboy View Post
A hand? Yeah.

A tournament? Nah - when I used to play a lot I knew when I was playing well and when I was irritated or chasing or just not focused and playing poorly.

If you're getting cold-decked it's not 'luck' to play in such a way that allows you to ride out your cold spell and then take advantage of it when you start getting better cards. Or to know when to lean on guys when THEY'RE clearly chasing.

There's plenty of skill involved in poker.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:45 PM   #13
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
A hand? Yeah.

A tournament? Nah - when I used to play a lot I knew when I was playing well and when I was irritated or chasing or just not focused and playing poorly.

If you're getting cold-decked it's not 'luck' to play in such a way that allows you to ride out your cold spell and then take advantage of it when you start getting better cards. Or to know when to lean on guys when THEY'RE clearly chasing.

There's plenty of skill involved in poker.
I would say there is much more luck involved in poker than you even are giving credit for. In one tournament, I'd rather be one of the worst players in the field and be one of the luckiest and it isn't even close. You can be absolutely awful and win a poker tournament.

When I play online in cash games I win only 53 or 54% of the time in a given cash session. In live cash where the games are much much easier I win about 62% of the time. In one day, one game, luck is the biggest factor of my success.

Over an entire year luck STILL a factor, just not the biggest factor. And in football you are only playing 17 + playoff games so there is that much more of a luck factor than some other sports or games.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:50 PM   #14
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I would say there is much more luck involved in poker than you even are giving credit for. In one tournament, I'd rather be one of the worst players in the field and be one of the luckiest and it isn't even close. You can be absolutely awful and win a poker tournament.

When I play online in cash games I win only 53 or 54% of the time in a given cash session. In live cash where the games are much much easier I win about 62% of the time. In one day, one game, luck is the biggest factor of my success.

Over an entire year luck STILL a factor, just not the biggest factor. And in football you are only playing 17 + playoff games so there is that much more of a luck factor than some other sports or games.
I barely count online poker.

There's too many lunatics in those rooms that throw 'calculated decisionmaking' out the window.

When you have 2 or 3 guys throwing hand grenades out there, it changes things quite a bit. So yeah, in online I'd say luck plays a greater role.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:55 PM   #15
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I barely count online poker.

There's too many lunatics in those rooms that throw 'calculated decisionmaking' out the window.

When you have 2 or 3 guys throwing hand grenades out there, it changes things quite a bit. So yeah, in online I'd say luck plays a greater role.
lol what

Online is full of multitabling pros who are making very good calculating decisions. Much less fish as well.

Live is full of plumbers, ditch diggers, wealth managers, drunk guys who have no sound strategy. Luck plays a big factor in both but if your winrate per table live is 10-15x higher than an online game then your variance will be lower and in turn the probability of you winning a given session increases.

If my winrate at a live 5/10 game was the same as an online 5/10 game where I could also play 8 tables, I could probably be a billionaire by the time I died.