Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-22-2024, 01:06 PM  
Mahomes > God

The worst/laziest 2024 NFL Draft take you keep seeing...

So I'm watching Simms' pod today and he's doing his mock draft...he has Brian Thomas Jr. falling to the Bills at 28...he isn't the first I've seen with this notion and I just can't do it anymore.

I still don't think he makes it out of the top 20 and if he did, a team would move up to the early to mid 20s to get him...there isn't a scenario worth discussing IMO where falls to 28 right in the Bills lap. It's so dumb.

So what is one or two you keep seeing/reading that is driving you nuts?
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-22-2024, 08:29 PM   #16
MVP

Worst? Laziest? ...this one doesn't qualify as either, but feels like counter intuitive over analysis to me.

~"Can't take WR Xavier Legette because he didn't breakout with 1,250 yards until his 5th year."
~"He's just an elite size & speed athlete with poor production."

Several things come to mind:

1. Are we just going to ignore the hot hand? Momentum is a good thing.
2. Dude leveled up, something clicked, that's worth being a fan of rather than discrediting.
3. His last 1-4 years college production is similar to, or better than, a lot of other notable borderline 1st-2nd round WRs like McConkey and his comp DK Metcalf for instance.
4. These guys are still young, there's lots of room for NFL coaching to mold premium athletes into stars! See Tyreek Hill as a reference.
5. Plenty of NFL pundits are suggesting we draft a 160-170 lb WR in Worthy, Franklin, or McConkey but there's a plus size WR with similar speed available and a clear NFL ready body that can move between slot and outside WR, and win at all three levels.

*Bonus = Have you heard this guy's voice!? He and Mahomes together would be so weird! *HOLY SHIT! ...I just had a premonition = The Chiefs will draft Xavier Legette, Mahomes, Kelce, and Legette will be hired to refresh the Budweiser brand image by bringing back the old bud frog gimmick ""BUD!" "WEIS?" "ER! Super Bowl commercials will feature a rotating cast of stars trying out for the 3rd frog spot, including Taylor swift, before settling on X Legette. Damn. Sometimes it's a heavy burden being so tapped into the universe.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 04-23-2024 at 08:27 AM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 12:06 AM   #17
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Worst? Laziest? ...this one doesn't qualify as either, but feels like counter intuitive over analysis to me.

~"Can't take WR Xavier Legette because he didn't breakout with 1,250 yards until his 5th year."
~"He's just an elite size & speed athlete with poor production."

Several things come to mind:

1. Are we just going to ignore the hot hand? Momentum is a good thing.
2. Dude leveled up, something clicked, that's worth being a fan of rather than discrediting.
3. His last 1-4 years college production is similar to, or better than, a lot of other notable borderline 1st-2nd round WRs like McConkey and his comp DK Metcalf for instance.
4. These guys are still young, there's lots of room for NFL coaching to mold premium athletes into stars! See Tyreek Hill as a reference.
5. Plenty of NFL pundits are suggesting we draft a 160-170 lb WR in Worthy, Franklin, or McConkey but there's a plus size WR with similar speed available with a clear NFL ready body that can move between slot and outside WR, and win at all three levels.

*Bonus = Have you heard this guy's voice!? He and Mahomes together would be so weird! *HOLY SHIT! ...I just had a premonition = The Chiefs will draft Xavier Legette, Mahomes, Kelce, and Legette will be hired to refresh the Budweiser brand image by bringing back the old bud frog gimmick ""BUD!" "WEIS?" "ER! Super Bowl commercials will feature a rotating cast of stars trying out for the 3rd frog spot, including Taylor swift, before settling on X Legette. Damn. Sometimes it's a heavy burden being so tapped into the universe.
I have zero concerns about Legette's ability to run a route and catch the ball and what he can do after the catch. My concerns with him are his willingness to block and his effort on plays that aren't planned on going to him. I am guessing those things are what kept him down the depth chart in his first few years at SC. It's not like it took him until this last year to reach level 50 and evolve into his current physique. Dude had the physical tools. Either he's slow at learning routes/plays or he was lazy on plays that he wasn't involved with.
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:29 AM   #18
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzman555 View Post
I have zero concerns about Legette's ability to run a route and catch the ball and what he can do after the catch. My concerns with him are his willingness to block and his effort on plays that aren't planned on going to him. I am guessing those things are what kept him down the depth chart in his first few years at SC. It's not like it took him until this last year to reach level 50 and evolve into his current physique. Dude had the physical tools. Either he's slow at learning routes/plays or he was lazy on plays that he wasn't involved with.

His history is weird/interesting.

Played QB in high school.

South Carolina had awful coaching in place when he got to South Carolina.

COVID happened.

He was injured in a car/motorcycle accident as a sophomore.

The scheme was trash and the QB was trash until his last two years.

His work ethic and effort have actually been consistently praised by the current coaching staff.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 07:40 AM   #19
__

A take I don't like very much is that the Chiefs go get a DT of the future.

They don't need one. Jones is under contract for years, and the rest of the DT room is bodied out with fine depth across the board.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:28 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Agree on all fronts, but what about my Super Bowl commercial pitch? lol
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:32 AM   #21
Hello

The worst and laziest takes belong to Balto.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:49 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
The worst and laziest takes belong to Balto.
That's not fair the mental gymnastics taken to trade MVS for Kupp are a level of work my brain cant even fathom.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 09:32 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
That's not fair the mental gymnastics taken to trade MVS for Kupp are a level of work my brain cant even fathom.
Multi-dimensional even.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:58 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Multi-dimensional even.
You think he's talking to other Baltos in some kind of multiverse? "Bro Julio Jones is still good where i'm at. Let's trade 2k yard Kadarious Toney for him!"
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-23-2024, 01:46 PM   #25
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
His history is weird/interesting.

Played QB in high school.

South Carolina had awful coaching in place when he got to South Carolina.

COVID happened.

He was injured in a car/motorcycle accident as a sophomore.

The scheme was trash and the QB was trash until his last two years.

His work ethic and effort have actually been consistently praised by the current coaching staff.
How many times have you heard a coach be like "yeah.... he's a lazy twat" ? I can't recall. Generally coaches hype people in public. I just see the lack of effort on tape, acrual game footage, not his highlight reel. Also, check out his stats against good opponents. He is baller against weak opponents and disappears against good teams. I'm not saying he can't be a success in the NFL but it'll take a few years at a minimum.
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-23-2024, 02:21 PM   #26
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
How many times have you heard a coach be like "yeah.... he's a lazy twat" ? I can't recall. Generally coaches hype people in public. I just see the lack of effort on tape, acrual game footage, not his highlight reel. Also, check out his stats against good opponents. He is baller against weak opponents and disappears against good teams. I'm not saying he can't be a success in the NFL but it'll take a few years at a minimum.
Jermaine Burton, for one.

They don't say it publicly but they don't appear to have a problem saying it behind the scenes. Seems like nobody likes Jermaine very much...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:39 PM   #27
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

They don't say it publicly but they don't appear to have a problem saying it behind the scenes. Seems like nobody likes Jermaine very much...
Jermaine Burton is this year's George Pickens, but not quite as good IMHO
Old 04-23-2024, 03:49 PM   #28
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I'm starting to inch 'Draft Bowers and Profit!' as annoying me almost as much as the "Chiefs will take a CB" stuff.

Being the best TE in a weak TE class doesn't mean you're some set and forget badass. This guy just doesn't stand out to me. He's...good. A very good prospect. But why in God's name should I move up to grab him when I have Travis Kelce and nothing in Reid's entire history demonstrates that he needs some premier prospect to get plus production from the position?

Or that ANY team has unlocked a rosetta stone for finding first round talent at TE. The bust rate on 1st round TEs is insane. And the hit rate for mid/late rounders is higher than most positions.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:26 PM   #29
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

Yeah, I've come to the point where I think you take the guy in Round 3 or 4 and roll the dice.

The talent is worth it. I still see a lot of Stafon Diggs with him.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 07:23 PM   #30
MVP

So was there a coach/pundit questioning Legette's efforts you can point to online? ...maybe I'm misinterpreting the above, but I'd be really interested to hear that take!

I thought I heard Chris Sims complain about 2 of these 3: Legette, Coleman, or Mitchell about taking plays off but I can't recall 100%.

Just curious.