Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2024, 07:30 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

I'm retiring due to health reasons. AMA

I have short term memory loss. The doctors can’t seem to find the root cause. This isn’t some forgetfulness, it’s serious. They tell me I have about 10 years before I will lose all short-term memory. I will retain all long-term memories. So that post you make about me in 2006 is still going to be up there in my noggin.

I have previously shared this diagnosis with the mods. I asked them to keep this information confined to the mod lounge. Which they did and I appreciated their consideration. They encouraged me to share this information with the rest of the Planet. It’s time to come clean.

I also have CLL (Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia). Its only put me in the hospital once and it usually does not kill people these days.

Would not be a BRC post without bragging so…. Last 10 years of my career, I architected, designed, and implemented the first cloud at Bank of America, the largest private cloud in the world for the military and for IBM, the world’s largest serverless IT infrastructure services provider with thousands of enterprise customers, thousands of applications in more than 60 countries.

You cannot do that kind of work without a functioning short-term memory, so I have no choice but to retire.

I’m 65. I’m being forced to retire a little early but only losing a couple of years anyway. I’ll have a comfortable retirement alongside my wife of 34 years.

AMA
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:33 PM   #106
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Yeah, its not like this shit hit me at 40. So at least it waited till I was close to retirement anyway. I've been reading about retirement advice lately. Says you need $1 million in cash on hand. I ain't got that kind of cash but I'll not be eating cat food anytime soon either.
Every time I hear or read one of those articles all I can think is that the person giving the advice probably lives in the most expensive city in the world or is an investment guy who wants your money so he can make more for himself.

I don't have that either....but my wife and I will live well within our means comfortably.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:38 PM   #107
Champion Golfer Of The Year

BRC,
You’ve earned the time to relax. Definitely follow Hog’s suggestion and keep that journal. I know one person close to me with a less severe memory issue, but similar to yours.

The journal helps immensely.

Also, gators are not pets. (Will repeat this tomorrow)
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 02:41 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
I think I figured out why you and I got along so well....besides living in FL and being Chiefs fans.

I grew up really, really dirt poor. I aspired making it to dirt poor. For those of you who know the KC area well I grew up in Mosby Mo....a town that no longer officially exists.

I did graduate HS....and like you have a number of college credits that got me close to my degree but I was too busy with my career to complete it...and honestly in my profession I needed experience more than college.

The difference we have is that I have never had all the government experience you had....probably because I was more Billy Carter than Jimmy Carter.
I was too. Reminder, I was never in the military....Quick story.....

I transferred from CENTCOM to SOCOM. Wellll they decided I was more needed there. They didn't turn in the SCI paperwork. I think you had to renew that every 3 months? I'm looking at all these big shot Admiral, General emails trying to find out why they cant send to the 5 eyes(USA, Canada, Brittan, Australia and New Zealand).

I find the issue and tell the suit whats up. He says good work and then sees my SCI has expired. He goes nuts why are you looking at these generals emails with only a TS? There are several more of these suits in the room now. I got my Billy Carter face on and was like, uhh cause they escalated and assigned me that issue. They got my SCI the next day.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:42 PM   #109
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post

Also, gators are not pets. (Will repeat this tomorrow)
Yeah...here in Florida that one is a "must remember ".

My problem is my wife keeps encouraging me to walk along the edge of the retention pond across the street from our house. She keeps saying the gator in that pond is tame.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:46 PM   #110
On Hiatus

Quote:
I was too. Reminder, I was never in the military....Quick story.....

I transferred from CENTCOM to SOCOM. Wellll they decided I was more needed there. They didn't turn in the SCI paperwork. I think you had to renew that every 3 months? I'm looking at all these big shot Admiral, General emails trying to find out why they cant send to the 5 eyes(USA, Canada, Brittan, Australia and New Zealand).

I find the issue and tell the suit whats up. He says good work and then sees my SCI has expired. He goes nuts why are you looking at these generals emails with only a TS? I got my Billy Carter face on and was like, uhh cause they escalated and assigned me that issue. They got my SCI the next day.

Holy crap....
Old 04-15-2024, 02:52 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Every time I hear or read one of those articles all I can think is that the person giving the advice probably lives in the most expensive city in the world or is an investment guy who wants your money so he can make more for himself.

I don't have that either....but my wife and I will live well within our means comfortably.
Yep. Coming from where we began in life, we are finishing with roofs over our head, plenty of food and drink and a little spending money. Thats a success.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 03:00 PM   #112
On Hiatus

Quote:
Yep. Coming from where we began in life, we are finishing with roofs over our head, plenty of food and drink and a little spending money. Thats a success.
Damn straight! Priorities.....
Old 04-15-2024, 03:37 PM   #113
Consuming CP souls

Hopefully you remember the Mahomes years, bud!
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 03:43 PM   #114
THE RED MENACE

Sorry to hear your health issues. Best of luck with that. My one suggestion would be to never quit looking for answers and look in areas you wouldn’t usually. You have the time now.. like 5 years back I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis and was in unbelievable pain. After exhausting all Western and Eastern medicine I found answers with bio hackers and arthritis forums.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 03:45 PM   #115
THE RED MENACE

Oh and congratulations on a long term relationship these days. Lil momma and I have been together for 30. Having a great family makes this ride much better.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 04:01 PM   #116
Now you've pissed me off!

You've accomplished a great deal and should be immensely proud of that. I am terribly sorry that your disease is taking part of your memory from you.

At least you'll have memories of when the Cardinals were actually a competent organization.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 04:17 PM   #117
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
At least you'll have memories of when the Cardinals were actually a competent organization.
And that's so long ago hey long-term memories!
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-15-2024, 04:24 PM   #118
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Sorry to hear about your issues BRC. While only (somewhat) temporary, I know what you're going through.

I went in for routine sinus surgery to remove polyps. This was about my 5th go though. Surgery on Friday, wham bam back to work on Monday. So routine my dad would drop me off and pick me up.

The last one, they wheeled me out to his car and I got in. He asked "What the hell happened?". I'm like, what?

He said "It's Saturday. They kept you overnight." I'm like, nahhhh.

Long story short, my heart stopped twice during the procedure. I lost oxygen to my brain.

I get home, can't remember shit. I would ask the GF 3 times in 5 minutes what she wanted for dinner.

It all came back but it was a scary time. I still forget shit. Maybe that's cuz I'm older now. But know what it feels like. God speed brother.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 04:30 PM   #119
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Sorry to hear about your issues BRC. While only (somewhat) temporary, I know what you're going through.

I went in for routine sinus surgery to remove polyps. This was about my 5th go though. Surgery on Friday, wham bam back to work on Monday. So routine my dad would drop me off and pick me up.

The last one, they wheeled me out to his car and I got in. He asked "What the hell happened?". I'm like, what?

He said "It's Saturday. They kept you overnight." I'm like, nahhhh.

Long story short, my heart stopped twice during the procedure. I lost oxygen to my brain.

I get home, can't remember shit. I would ask the GF 3 times in 5 minutes what she wanted for dinner.

It all came back but it was a scary time. I still forget shit. Maybe that's cuz I'm older now. But know what it feels like. God speed brother.

Man, don't do that. Keep your heart beating. That's Surgery Patient 101.

Glad you're okay.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 04:34 PM   #120
Politically Incorrect

What is the first hobby you want to do or new place you want to travel to?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.