Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-20-2017, 07:13 PM  
Damnit Peg

Official 2017 NBA Off Season Thread

The draft is June 22nd.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:43 PM   #241
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
That was Judas Durant's decision, not theirs.
Jesus. Enough with the sour grapes. Durant made OKC relevant. OKC repaid the favor by trading away his friends and labelling him a cupcake.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:47 PM   #242
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ View Post
It's because you have two different answers to this question depending on which conference you are in: "if I want to be the best team in my conference overall for the next decade, what is the best course of action?". In the east, the answer is simple: tank, load up a young core, and wait Lebron out. Once Lebron gets older, it's wide open, and because the celts won't go all in, your team has just as good of chance as anyone else to be the team of the decade in the east. The sixers have done this well, and I think that's why Ainge won't trade any of his high picks, because he thinks this is the way to go.

On the other hand, the west has no such plan. The Warriors probably won't fall off in a year or two. They are going to be great for the foreseeable future. So if you are a western conference GM, the only answer to my original question is go all in and if you fail well at least you can tell your fan base you tried. The rockets and the wolves are perfect examples. Guys aren't getting any younger, so push all the chips in and go for it. Who cares if the wolves won't be able to keep a butler Wiggins towns core together in 3 years? Who cares if Chris Paul and harden fail ? There's no downside because your goal will still be to beat the Warriors in 5 years. The east doesn't have to worry about that, so they can play the long game.
Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I would agree with you if you are looking at this from the team's perspective but IMHO when it comes to the max players in the NBA they are the ones with all the power and are choosing to go West not East. Looking at GS they are set to dominate for 3 more years at least barring injuries so it just makes me curious why they are choosing the way they are other than they know they can't beat Lebron. They aren't going to beat GS either though. It would seem to me the easiest path is in the East with alot less work and you won't get beat up as much.

The West is going to be ****ing brutal next season.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:47 PM   #243
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ View Post
It's because you have two different answers to this question depending on which conference you are in: "if I want to be the best team in my conference overall for the next decade, what is the best course of action?". In the east, the answer is simple: tank, load up a young core, and wait Lebron out. Once Lebron gets older, it's wide open, and because the celts won't go all in, your team has just as good of chance as anyone else to be the team of the decade in the east. The sixers have done this well, and I think that's why Ainge won't trade any of his high picks, because he thinks this is the way to go.

On the other hand, the west has no such plan. The Warriors probably won't fall off in a year or two. They are going to be great for the foreseeable future. So if you are a western conference GM, the only answer to my original question is go all in and if you fail well at least you can tell your fan base you tried. The rockets and the wolves are perfect examples. Guys aren't getting any younger, so push all the chips in and go for it. Who cares if the wolves won't be able to keep a butler Wiggins towns core together in 3 years? Who cares if Chris Paul and harden fail ? There's no downside because your goal will still be to beat the Warriors in 5 years. The east doesn't have to worry about that, so they can play the long game.
It's amazing to me how much this appears to be a change in philosophy from not that long ago. Top 10 picks were being sold for cash. Teams didn't want draft picks outside of the top 5 because they were salary commitments. Now, teams actually want their picks for the ability to build through the draft. I love it.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:48 PM   #244
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I would agree with you if you are looking at this from the team's perspective but IMHO when it comes to the max players in the NBA they are the ones with all the power and are choosing to go West not East. Looking at GS they are set to dominate for 3 more years at least barring injuries so it just makes me curious why they are choosing the way they are other than they know they can't beat Lebron. They aren't going to beat GS either though. It would seem to me the easiest path is in the East with alot less work and you won't get beat up as much.

The West is going to be ****ing brutal next season.
It's going to be a blast watching the Bucks rise, especially with their new building.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:51 PM   #245
Future NBA Finals MVP

The NBA should really consider switching up teams in the conferences. The situations are kind of fluid, but it's still not likely to change anytime soon. If LeBron leaves the East, it will be a barren wasteland over there.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:53 PM   #246
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
The NBA should really consider switching up teams in the conferences. The situations are kind of fluid, but it's still not likely to change anytime soon. If LeBron leaves the East, it will be a barren wasteland over there.
Just do seeding 1-16 for the whole league. It'd be so much better.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:01 PM   #247
Damnit Peg

Quote:
That was Judas Durant's decision, not theirs.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:08 PM   #248
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Just do seeding 1-16 for the whole league. It'd be so much better.
That wouldn't solve everything. You'd still have some East team as a #5 seed that deserves a #10, but that could be a decent start.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:20 PM   #249
LEGEND!

JJ Redick is headed to Philly
penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:26 PM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
That wouldn't solve everything. You'd still have some East team as a #5 seed that deserves a #10, but that could be a decent start.
True but I am willing to bet they'd get eliminated quickly.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:27 PM   #251
Itinerant degenerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Jesus. Enough with the sour grapes. Durant made OKC relevant. OKC repaid the favor by trading away his friends and labelling him a cupcake.
No doubt. Durants decision worked out pretty well for him, I'd say. I mean, he only won a championship and looks to be set up on a dominant team for years. That's what all these guys work their whole lives for.

Crying about it and calling him Judas is just pathetic sour grapes.
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:45 PM   #252
Perpetual Mediocrity

What difference does it make which conference anybody is in for the next few years? No matter how good any team is in either the East or the West, the Warriors are still going to be better.

All roads lead to a Golden State beatdown eventually.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:50 PM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
No doubt. Durants decision worked out pretty well for him, I'd say. I mean, he only won a championship and looks to be set up on a dominant team for years. That's what all these guys work their whole lives for.

Crying about it and calling him Judas is just pathetic sour grapes.
Calling him Judas Durant is a joke. Why don't you lighten the f**k up?

You guys clearly have no idea what the word loyalty and competitive mean. I bet you were the class snitches in HS and if you lost in a game of bball would immediately want to join the team that beat you. Always looking out for yourself and the easy way out.

Pathetic in my book.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:10 PM   #254
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by penbrook View Post
JJ Redick is headed to Philly
Clippers are going to be horrible
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:13 PM   #255
Please squeeze

Quote:
Calling him Judas Durant is a joke. Why don't you lighten the f**k up?

You guys clearly have no idea what the word loyalty and competitive mean. I bet you were the class snitches in HS and if you lost in a game of bball would immediately want to join the team that beat you. Always looking out for yourself and the easy way out.

Pathetic in my book.
Loyalty doesn't exist in sports much anymore, either from the players or owners side. Anyway he gave them almost 10 years while they broke up a dynasty. I think he was "loyal" enough.