Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-16-2024, 10:20 AM  
__

Mock (4/16)

Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs extend S Justin Reid 2 years, $22m.

2. The Chiefs re-sign OT Donovan Smith 1 years, $12m.

3. The Chiefs sign the following free agents: WR Hunter Renfrow (Raiders) 1 year, $3.5m.

4. The Chiefs' conditional 7th rounder they traded to the Texans for CB Lonnie Johnson, Jr. in 2022 doesn't activate.

5. The Draft:

1. WR Xavier Worthy, Texas
2. OG/C Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, Georgia
3. CB Kris Abrams-Draine, Missouri
4. DE Myles Cole, Texas Tech
5 (Cowboys). DT Khristian Boyd, Northern Iowa
5 (compensatory). RB Tyrone Tracy, Jr.
7. P Ryan Rehkow, BYU

The roster:

QB: Mahomes, Wentz
RB: Pacheco, Edwards-Helaire, Tracy

WR: Rice, Brown, Renfrow, Worthy, Watson, Moore, Remigio
TE: Kelce, Gray, Smith

LT: Smith, Morris
LG: Thuney, Caliendo
C: Humphrey, Van Pran-Granger
RG: Smith, Van Pran-Granger
RT: Taylor, Morris

DE: Omenihu, Danna, Thompson
DT: Smith, Wharton
DT: Pennel, Nnadi, Boyd
DE: Karlaftis, Anudike-Uzomah, Cole

WLB: Tranquill, Jones
MLB: Bolton, Tranquill, Cochrane
SLB: Chenal, Cochrane

CB: McDuffie, Williams, Watson, Johnson, Abrams-Draine, Jones
S: Reid, Cook, Conner, Bush

K: Butker
P: Rehkow
LS: Winchester

Last edited by Direckshun; 04-16-2024 at 12:01 PM..
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 10:24 AM   #2
__

I know everybody will hate the punter pick, but I don't care. I really like the guy.

Chiefs add Renfrow and Worthy, because I don't even know when Rice might be available. I'm still high on Remigio on the end of the WR corps.

The Chiefs add bodies at CB and RB, always needed. I think Myles Cole sure looks like a Tanoh Kpassagnon type pick, and I think he's got a real chance to go on Day 2. I'll take him in the 4th. And I'm high as a kite on Boyd at DT.

Bring back Donovan Smith, and I think this is a Super Bowl caliber team, especially if Rice is back by December, which I imagine he's going to be.

Biggest question about this roster is the depth at a couple positions, namely LB and S, but there's not a team in the league without a depth issue here or there, and those are the best positions to be weaker at on defense.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 10:24 AM   #3
Constable of Untruths

At least you are consistent and you put a punter there in round 7. Stupid, but consistent.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 10:26 AM   #4
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
At least you are consistent and you put a punter there in round 7. Stupid, but consistent.
"Stupid but consistent" is my north star, buddy.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 10:53 AM   #5
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Seriously, why draft one in the 7th round when there are so many available in the UDFA ranks?

Doesn't track, dude. Not when they have a pick shortage rather than a pick surplus.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 11:11 AM   #6
MVP

Nick Allegretti plays for Washington.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-16-2024, 11:41 AM   #7
MVP

Appreciate the effort as always. You got a few different names out there that we aren't normally seeing. I like that. Except the punter.

Do you genuinely fear that Araiza will be bad or do you just have eyes for another?
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:59 AM   #8
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Seriously, why draft one in the 7th round when there are so many available in the UDFA ranks?

Doesn't track, dude. Not when they have a pick shortage rather than a pick surplus.
Because he's super good.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:00 PM   #9
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
Nick Allegretti plays for Washington.
Ha! I meant Caliendo. Just my sense memory picking up, having typed Allegretti 100 times.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:10 PM   #10
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Because he's super good.

He’s still a ****ing punter.

They grow on trees. Especially for a team that is offense-led like the Chiefs expect to be.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:20 PM   #11
MVP

Feels very realistic to me, I'm not familiar with your IOL pick but will read up on him. Great stuff! Thank you for sharing!
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:36 PM   #12
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
He’s still a ****ing punter.

They grow on trees. Especially for a team that is offense-led like the Chiefs expect to be.
A punter is part of the defense.

Pin them deep as much as possible. Let the Chiefense go to work.
Old 04-16-2024, 01:25 PM   #13
Comfortably Numb

Even if they sign DSmith you have to pick up a tackle at either 32 or 64. Smith has only played 22 games over the last 2 years and Morris still has a lot of the same question marks he had coming out.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-16-2024, 01:27 PM   #14
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
A punter is part of the defense.

Pin them deep as much as possible. Let the Chiefense go to work.
Why do you have so much faith in a college punter vs. Araiza? Is this all because the Jets decided they didn't want to have dead money at the P position and passed on adding him (when his name was still pretty nuclear in the news cycle?)?

Compare their scouting reports. Araiza is literally better at everything. He was a more productive college kicker, with more distance, much better hang time (hang time is an issue for Rekhow), more downed punts, more crazy distance punts (Araiza maxed out at 80 yards a few times in college and on his only kick for the Bills, Rekhow's long was 60). He also is actually a pretty good athlete, with good speed and a 10-yard split that many position players would kill to have, and Rekhow is not. Araiza also has experience as a place kicker and was effective in that role.

I get wanting some insurance for Araiza, but that insurance makes a lot more sense as an experienced pro or UDFA than as a drafted rookie when the team is already down a few late picks.
Old 04-16-2024, 01:32 PM   #15
Comfortably Numb

There is a better chance we get another Pacheco i
Or N. Johnson than a Ray Guy. They aren’t drafting a punter after signing one in FA. Had they not signed him this might make some sense to replace Tommy.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli