Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2023, 09:14 AM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****

Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
  • Aug. 31 - South Dakoka - W
  • Sept 9 - Middle Tennessee - W
  • Sept 16 - kansas State - W
  • Sept 23 - Memphis
  • Sept 30 - @Vanderbilt
  • Oct 7 - LSU
  • Oct 14 - @Kentucky
  • Oct 21 - South Carolina
  • Nov 4 - @Georgia
  • Nov 11 - Tennessee
  • Nov 18 - Florida
  • Nov 24 - @Arkansas

Recruiting Class
Rivals

Last edited by duncan_idaho; 09-18-2023 at 07:45 AM..
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2023, 12:57 AM   #166
Supporter

I read a whining article about Mizzou getting Nwaneri. They were mad because Missouri allows in state recruits signing with in state schools to sign NIL deals in high school, which, according to them, was the only reason that he went to Mizzou. Maybe it's true. Don't care. It's nice to see the Tigers getting top in state talent to stay home.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2023, 02:39 AM   #167
Facts are stubborn things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Cook was named a captain tonight for those who want to off themselves before the season starts.
If Cook is the starter fire up the coaching hot board.
warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.
Old 08-18-2023, 06:37 AM   #168
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Players vote on captains, so while I figure Cook is the starter I wouldn't use him being voted Captain as super strong evidence that he's starting.

Where did you hear that about Horn? I've heard nothing of the sort.

PowerMizzou’s football beat reporter, Jarod Hamilton, reported it yesterday in practice notes. Running even on reps with the 1s. Specifically talked about his mastery of the j offense showing great progress from last year.

One thing I forgot about Horn is that he’s a type 1 diabetic. That’s a big adjustment for college and, I suspect, one of the reasons his parents wanted him to have a year to acclimate.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2023, 07:40 AM   #169
The Insider

I think Cook will start the season but it will be Horns by the end of the season.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2023, 08:48 AM   #170
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint* View Post
If Cook is the starter fire up the coaching hot board.
Going to be a tough one to swallow. If only we could watch practices and witness first hand that he is the best QB...it's hard to fathom, I just can't picture him making better, quicker decisions and throwing more accurate passes with the necessary pace than the other guys. Show me...
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-18-2023, 08:49 AM   #171
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I think your person is misinformed, or a Sooner fan with sour grapes.
Sure hope so...he is a Mizzou grad though
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-18-2023, 08:55 AM   #172
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
Going to be a tough one to swallow. If only we could watch practices and witness first hand that he is the best QB...it's hard to fathom, I just can't picture him making better, quicker decisions and throwing more accurate passes with the necessary pace than the other guys. Show me...
I can.

At a certain talent level, it's mostly situation dependent. As we've discussed above, look at those 'Bama quarterbacks or Stetson Bennett. Those guys just got to play on Rookie sliders.

Last season Cook was playing on All Madden settings.

Now we're still Mizzou - I'm not expecting Cook to get the Rookie treatment. But All-Pro is extremely doable and Pro might be. Get the level of the team around him up to the point that he's dealing with easier sliders and he's going to look WAY better and at that point experience will play up. It'll play up perhaps more than raw talent will.

So if Mizzou has a quality team, I think there's a VERY good chance that Cook's the best quarterback option for the first week or even few weeks. And I think at the same time, Horn or Garcia may be able to build up experience base well enough for the talent to then leapfrog him, especially as the schedule gets harder into conference play.

I just can't see any utility in planting flags early here. Cook, if he continues to struggle, will lose the job. Because if the team is a good team, they won't leave him in there to hold him back. And if the team is a mediocre/bad team (and last year's was) then you may just need to toss the most raw talent you have under center to try to make chicken salad from chicken shit.

I wouldn't get spun up either way right now. But talk to me in week 4/5 and we'll start to have some answers.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:22 AM   #173
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Sure hope so...he is a Mizzou grad though
The person I checked in with would know if his grades were an issue. They are not.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:31 AM   #174
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I can.

At a certain talent level, it's mostly situation dependent. As we've discussed above, look at those 'Bama quarterbacks or Stetson Bennett. Those guys just got to play on Rookie sliders.

Last season Cook was playing on All Madden settings.

Now we're still Mizzou - I'm not expecting Cook to get the Rookie treatment. But All-Pro is extremely doable and Pro might be. Get the level of the team around him up to the point that he's dealing with easier sliders and he's going to look WAY better and at that point experience will play up. It'll play up perhaps more than raw talent will.

So if Mizzou has a quality team, I think there's a VERY good chance that Cook's the best quarterback option for the first week or even few weeks. And I think at the same time, Horn or Garcia may be able to build up experience base well enough for the talent to then leapfrog him, especially as the schedule gets harder into conference play.

I just can't see any utility in planting flags early here. Cook, if he continues to struggle, will lose the job. Because if the team is a good team, they won't leave him in there to hold him back. And if the team is a mediocre/bad team (and last year's was) then you may just need to toss the most raw talent you have under center to try to make chicken salad from chicken shit.

I wouldn't get spun up either way right now. But talk to me in week 4/5 and we'll start to have some answers.
Precisely my point.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2023, 10:57 AM   #175
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I had season tickets and couldn't tell you a meaningful detail about a single game.

Last season I had them. I got ripped at the tailgate as often as not because the games were just hellish.
Funny thing is I actually legit forgot he even was starting until you mentioned it in that post. I even remembered Method Man and Berkstresser.

Kind of impressive.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-18-2023, 11:26 AM   #176
Inmem 2.0

Since Missouri HS kids can get NIL can he cash out then committing to OU?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 11:44 AM   #177
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Uhh, if Cook is legitimately the best QB in the program right now that's a pretty big blunder by Drinkwitz. Unless you're expecting a massive leap forward from him it's probably going to be marginal improvement at best, and even marginally improved Cook isn't nearly good enough for this stage of college ball.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2023, 11:45 AM   #178
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Yeah, I've kind of been wondering about that myself. Whats to stop these kids (or their parents) from cashing in early then flipping to their preferred school after chilling at Mizzou for a season to double dip.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2023, 11:53 AM   #179
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch View Post
Yeah, I've kind of been wondering about that myself. Whats to stop these kids (or their parents) from cashing in early then flipping to their preferred school after chilling at Mizzou for a season to double dip.
Well they have to play at least one season, because they are only eligible to get that money if they sign their NLI. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way to get out of that NLI is if the coach leaves.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-18-2023, 12:03 PM   #180
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch View Post
Uhh, if Cook is legitimately the best QB in the program right now that's a pretty big blunder by Drinkwitz. Unless you're expecting a massive leap forward from him it's probably going to be marginal improvement at best, and even marginally improved Cook isn't nearly good enough for this stage of college ball.
I just can't believe how bad he was last year. He had 5 games where he didn't throw a TD and 5 games with only 1 TD. 9 of his 14 TDs came in 3 games. He had a 4 game stretch where he ran the ball 39 times and gained 3 total yards.

Nothing about his play last season was even slightly encouraging. I didn't watch every single minute of every single game, but I didn't see any flashes of greatness from him. I don't get it.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.