Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:02 PM   #271
Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
This is already in Chicago.

It gets any closer to KC it's time to take action.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.alj...035007608.html

Move if you’re scared.
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:04 PM   #272
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Everybody who currently has the disease will either recover, or die. Anybody who hasn't yet done one of those 2 things is an unknown. So the only cases that matter in terms of knowing the actual fatality rate are the people who either recovered or died.

Total people for whom the disease has run it's course: 45,660
Total people from the above group who died: 2,990
Fatality rate of people for whom the disease has run it's course: 6.5%
That doesn't make any sense.

Why would you take those who have died and divide it by those who have recovered?

Last edited by Donger; 03-01-2020 at 04:12 PM..
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:04 PM   #273
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
This reminds me of the hype before a hurricane.

The pre-storm panic... crowded stores, run on supplies, gas lines, etc. is usually much worse than the impact of the actual storm.
yeah we have seen this movie several times. Every year.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:06 PM   #274
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post
Ok.

I think you’ll be laughing so hard at everyone not being as awesomely prepared as you are, that you’ll miss me. Unless you were a sniper in your former life, but that’s classified...amirite?

I just shivered in fear thinking about you and your 30.06 if that’s any consolation.
I can regularly hit a 10 inch target at 1,000 meters. I shoot prairie dogs, which about the size of a size 9 shoe at distances over 500 yards. 100-200 a day in season. So I'd have to actually try to miss something as large as a person.

But it was a joke, dipstick. I'm not going to eat people.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:09 PM   #275
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I can regularly hit a 10 inch target at 1,000 meters. I shoot prairie dogs, which about the size of a size 9 shoe at distances over 500 yards. 100-200 a day in season. So I'd have to actually try to miss something as large as a person.

I wouldn't eat people either. They might have COVID-19.
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:11 PM   #276
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP View Post
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:11 PM   #277
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 View Post
I wouldn't eat people either. They might have COVID-19.
just cook it and it'll be fine
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:12 PM   #278
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

not to get off topic but, why shoot prairie dogs?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:18 PM   #279
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 View Post
I'm glad we all lived to see the CHIEFS win another Super Bowl. Stay Strong.

Mahomes & the team needs to be quarantined at Arrowhead.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:19 PM   #280
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
It's called varmint control. P-dogs dig their holes and tunnels in farmland/grazing land, and livestock such as cattle or horses can step into them or fall through and break their legs. That represents thousands of dollars to the farmer/rancher, so you shoot them to keep their numbers under control. Except the black-tailed ones which are protected. Typically most farmers and ranchers simply don't have the time to sit there and shoot hundreds of rats, so they allow or rent their properties to hunters. I do it for fun, and to hone/keep my skills up, but I'm providing a service at the same time.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:20 PM   #281
MVP

There are 3,287 deaths a day...globally, in traffic accidents. An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled, annually.

But lets whip the sheeple into a frenzy...the Autotransit virus has claimed 22,500 lives this week and there is no cure.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:22 PM   #282
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Yeah, but half of those are still sick so we don't know the outcome. If you focus just on the people who have a documented outcome, 6.5% of them died.
This is incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
That doesn't make any sense.

Why would you take those who have died and divide it by those who have recovered?
Currently, there are 87,508 Confirmed cases. Of those confirmed cases, 2,990 have died.

2,990 divided by 87,508 equals 3.42%.

So, 3.42% of people infected with COVID 19 have died to date.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:23 PM   #283
The Constitutional Choo choo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
They destroy the prairie. They eat the grass down to dirt.
If you have cattle grazing. You dont want them stepping in countless holes and breaking legs.
And its fun to go sit on a dog town on a nice day and hone your rifle skills.
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:23 PM   #284
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
It's called varmint control.
"I smell varmint poontang. And the only good varmint poontang, is dead varmint poontang, I think."
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:26 PM   #285
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSteam View Post
They destroy the prairie. They eat the grass down to dirt.
If you have cattle grazing. You dont want them stepping in countless holes and breaking legs.
And its fun to go sit on a dog town on a nice day and hone your rifle skills.
Nice job explaining! They can destroy native grass prairies because they eat the grass below the growing point

Shooting is excellent sport and is an alternative to poisoning the dog towns

They also are a prime vector of plague.
F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.