Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-14-2019, 03:15 PM  
Chiefs

Chiefs sign Alex Okafor [restructured]

ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:17 PM   #451
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
We should extend Ward ASAFP before he plays with, ya know, eyesight this year and blows up.

He and Mecole are my picks to go off this season.
You have control of Ward for 2 more years before having to pay him why would you pay him already?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:25 PM   #452
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Logan Ryan and an extension or two?

Fisher/Schwartz/Kelce/Mathieu all viable extension candidates. Many of whom could've fit under the cap this year with an extension but Veach may be loading up on flexibility in order to approach ALL of them and not end up having to take any offers off the table if he gets unexpected traction across the board.

I dunno - could just be basic bookkeeping measures designed to create additional rollover room for next season's potential cap contraction.

But I think veteran CB is still a need.
Yep.

Give me Ryan and extensions for Mathieu and Schwartz.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:27 PM   #453
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Yep.

Give me Ryan and extensions for Mathieu and Schwartz.
You'd probably be better off extending Mathieu after the year, his number is already big and you'd rather have that relief for next year.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:31 PM   #454
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
You have control of Ward for 2 more years before having to pay him why would you pay him already?
Try to catch him before his stock rises.

But ultimately it’s moot as I do not believe he’s presently extension eligible. Otherwise I’d be completely in favor of it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:32 PM   #455
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
You'd probably be better off extending Mathieu after the year, his number is already big and you'd rather have that relief for next year.
So Schwartz and Kelce then
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:33 PM   #456

Quote:
You can structure it however you want. The extension could reduce this years figure to ‘forward pay’ next years. It could load money into this year to get smaller hits via a reduced AAV in subsequent years.

There’s nothing lost by signing it this year that can’t be recaptured through structure in the following years.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:34 PM   #457
MVP

what if they just roll the money over for the cap deficit thats predicted for next season?
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:44 PM   #458
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
what if they just roll the money over for the cap deficit thats predicted for next season?
This may be the plan, unless something crazy happens like Fisher goes down and now we have to sign Cordy Glenn.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:51 PM   #459
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
I'm just spitballing possibilities, but maybe to show him some loyalty and goodwill? It sucks working as hard as you do to be a starter while getting paid less than Jackass McGee 6th round pick who's been riding the bench for two seasons. Hopefully Ward realizes that getting offered a deal now means stability for him and that betting on himself for an extra few million a year beginning a couple seasons from now may not be what's best for him. Otherwise, he makes squat and plays to the end of the team's years of control, and more than likely, the Chiefs are going to say, "Uhh... care to take a discount on the extension? We got a loooot of guys we need to pay..."

That is, of course, assuming that the Chiefs think Ward has the potential to be a pretty good starting CB, not just a "eh, he'll get the job done" type guy like he was last year. If they're still not sure about his development and potential, they should probably just let it ride and then let him walk for a comp pick.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I'm just spitballing possibilities, but maybe to show him some loyalty and goodwill? It sucks working as hard as you do to be a starter while getting paid less than Jackass McGee 6th round pick who's been riding the bench for two seasons. Hopefully Ward realizes that getting offered a deal now means stability for him and that betting on himself for an extra few million a year beginning a couple seasons from now may not be what's best for him. Otherwise, he makes squat and plays to the end of the team's years of control, and more than likely, the Chiefs are going to say, "Uhh... care to take a discount on the extension? We got a loooot of guys we need to pay..."

That is, of course, assuming that the Chiefs think Ward has the potential to be a pretty good starting CB, not just a "eh, he'll get the job done" type guy like he was last year. If they're still not sure about his development and potential, they should probably just let it ride and then let him walk for a comp pick.
At some point the consensus opinion became that last season Breeland was clearly a better player than Ward.

Man I'm just not seeing it. Ward was our best CB last season, IMO. And by a pretty fair measure. Breeland was getting beat quite a damn bit. He wasn't getting beat big all that often, but he was routinely giving away more space than Ward.

To my eyes, Ward played at a 'we really want to get this kid extended before he really breaks through to a genuine #1' type of level where it was Breeland who played at a 'eh, he'll do the job' level.

I really like what I saw out of Ward last year and if he's extension eligible (though again, I don't believe he is), I'd gladly flip him a deal that tacks 3 years onto the remaining 2 seasons of control we have. I think he's going to be a very good player, if he isn't already.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:03 PM   #461
In Search of a Life

Extensions or whatever would be the smartest use although part of me wouldn’t be upset with a vet dl or something just in case or a cb

No clue who’s out there

Edit after looking there are still some names out there. What the hell is going on? Is it pandemic related?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:03 PM   #462
Supporter

Quote:
I really like what I saw out of Ward last year and if he's extension eligible (though again, I don't believe he is), I'd gladly flip him a deal that tacks 3 years onto the remaining 2 seasons of control we have. I think he's going to be a very good player, if he isn't already.
I didn't think he'd be extension eligible until March 2021 but others have said that since he was an UDFA, he was eligible in March 2020.

I haven't read the entire CBA and have no idea if that's still accurate but I'd imagine that the Chiefs would want to lock him up in a reasonable deal as soon as he's eligible.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:06 PM   #463
In Search of a Life

Is jabaal sheard still any good?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:08 PM   #464
MVP

Quote:
At some point the consensus opinion became that last season Breeland was clearly a better player than Ward.

Man I'm just not seeing it. Ward was our best CB last season, IMO. And by a pretty fair measure. Breeland was getting beat quite a damn bit. He wasn't getting beat big all that often, but he was routinely giving away more space than Ward.

To my eyes, Ward played at a 'we really want to get this kid extended before he really breaks through to a genuine #1' type of level where it was Breeland who played at a 'eh, he'll do the job' level.

I think a narrative got going early on, when Ward struggled with zone responsibility and Breeland came out hot for a few games. At one point Breeland followed number 1s for a game or two. After that i think it became the consensus that Breeland was the guy and ward was the number two, when in reality Breeland is what he is and Ward settled in and has continued to ascend for the most part. If memory serves Ward did have some lapses in the playoffs.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:08 PM   #465
Special Teams ACE!!!

Oh thank God! Adam Teicher wrote an article today about Charvarius Ward! In addition to groundbreaking reporting of player statistics and shit that happened 1-2 years ago, it's chock full of "what if"s and "could be"s and "time will tell"s that we all know and love from Teicher's brand of journalism!

https://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-cit...rs-in-the-game
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote