Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 PM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***

The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM   #3676
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
I'm sorry but losing 97 isn't 109. This year has been completely unacceptable. Nobody cares about 97 losses but you have to be brutally incompetent to go near 110. Historically inept.

Small markets do re-tool. That's fine. Losing 109 games isn't.
I guess i dont get the difference. I mean, suck is suck. Whether its epic suck (see this years Royals) or 97 loss suck, who cares? Neither are competitive.

Again, as stated before, I’d rather have the higher draft position and larger bonus pool to be able to rebuild the farm system quicker. The goal is to be competitive by 2020 and contending by 2021. If they fail, then GMDM is likely gone (at least he should be).

But, IMO, he deserves a shot to prove that. All smarket teams go through up and down cycles and always will. If the Royals are still losing 100+ in 2020, then people should rightfully be calling for a change in leadership.

We shall see . . . . .

Last edited by TomBarndtsTwin; 08-13-2018 at 05:16 PM..
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:28 PM   #3677
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin View Post
I guess i dont get the difference. I mean, suck is suck. Whether its epic suck (see this years Royals) or 97 loss suck, who cares? Neither are competitive.

Again, as stated before, I’d rather have the higher draft position and larger bonus pool to be able to rebuild the farm system quicker. The goal is to be competitive by 2020 and contending by 2021. If they fail, then GMDM is likely gone (at least he should be).

But, IMO, he deserves a shot to prove that. All smarket teams go through up and down cycles and always will. If the Royals are still losing 100+ in 2020, then people should rightfully be calling for a change in leadership.

We shall see . . . . .
You're fooling yourself if you think we're competitive by 2020.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:36 PM   #3678
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
You're fooling yourself if you think we're competitive by 2020.
By competitive, I mean challenging .500. Basically what they were in 2016 & 17. I don’t think that’s unrealistic (at least, it shouldn’t be).

And there are numerous examples of small market teams losing 100+ and being competitive within 3 years. There’s no reason the Royals can’t do as much.

Edit: apparently my math is off. Within 3 years should be competitive by 2021 and contending by 2022. If that doesn’t happen, GMDM should be gone.

Last edited by TomBarndtsTwin; 08-13-2018 at 05:46 PM..
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:56 PM   #3679
Herm is the worst...horrible

Get a decent return for Whit in the off-season and you add more (more than we would have received at the deadline). If we can get Soler back into a groove next year, he's another trade candidate. I can't believe we keep both he and Boni considering we'll need to build towards another strong-defensive outfield for the next cycle.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:15 PM   #3680
Veteran

Only difference in 97 losses and 109 losses is a higher draft slot. I'm one of these fans who wants playoff runs, not mediocre 82-82 teams, so obviously I'll go for the 109 losses, right? I mean, if they lose 97 games anyway are you really gonna watch more than if they lose 109?
Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:39 PM   #3681
Damnit Peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerok View Post
Only difference in 97 losses and 109 losses is a higher draft slot. I'm one of these fans who wants playoff runs, not mediocre 82-82 teams, so obviously I'll go for the 109 losses, right? I mean, if they lose 97 games anyway are you really gonna watch more than if they lose 109?
Well thankfully you don't want one of those seasons...
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:07 PM   #3682
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I agree whole-heartedly that the rebuild needs to be taking shape and the team needs to be headed on an upward path by 2020 (which needs to look like the second half of 2012 or 2013).

If it isn’t, Moore needs to move on.

Key things for next year will be letting some of the younger guys just sink or swim (Mondesi, Soler, Bonifacio, Phillips should be getting everyday run). Time to let the young guys play all over and limit the bargain vets (still Ok with some cheap vet bullpen pieces and a position player or 2 that you plan to deal for future value, but they can’t block any of the guys I mentioned above).

I’d also like to see Frank Schwindel get some run, even though I’m pretty sure he is Kila/Pickering/etc all over again.

Key is making sure the young generation at A/A+ this year continues to progress and you continue to add depth behind it.

And if you’re at #1, take the best combo of upside and floor (whether Ruschman or Witt).
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:21 PM   #3683
War Eagle !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I agree whole-heartedly that the rebuild needs to be taking shape and the team needs to be headed on an upward path by 2020 (which needs to look like the second half of 2012 or 2013).

If it isn’t, Moore needs to move on.

Key things for next year will be letting some of the younger guys just sink or swim (Mondesi, Soler, Bonifacio, Phillips should be getting everyday run). Time to let the young guys play all over and limit the bargain vets (still Ok with some cheap vet bullpen pieces and a position player or 2 that you plan to deal for future value, but they can’t block any of the guys I mentioned above).

I’d also like to see Frank Schwindel get some run, even though I’m pretty sure he is Kila/Pickering/etc all over again.

Key is making sure the young generation at A/A+ this year continues to progress and you continue to add depth behind it.

And if you’re at #1, take the best combo of upside and floor (whether Ruschman or Witt).
who are your corner infielders next year?
DeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 08-13-2018, 07:26 PM   #3684

I think that's the million dollar question. No idea what they're going to do with Cuthbert. I think everyone's given up on him but he'll only be 26 next year, and there are plenty of guys who don't figure it out until that age. If he can stay healthy he'll probably get a shot. They have Dozier and O'Hearn too.

Honestly if they can pull off another situation like they did with Moose, that's where I'd do it. They really don't need any more outfielders or middle infielders. And I'd much rather see them spend a little money on a Moose or Duda-like signing over signing Escobar again to play 3B all year.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:26 PM   #3685
Future NBA Finals MVP

Vlad's kid is hitting .400+ in AAA right now. 19 years old. Unreal.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #3686

I guess we're going to try this Maurer thing again.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:08 PM   #3687
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
I guess we're going to try this Maurer thing again.
Blind squirrel...nut
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:41 PM   #3688
Ain't no relax!

Hochevar retires from Royals with no regrets

KANSAS CITY -- When former Royals right-hander Luke Hochevar had thoracic outlet surgery to alleviate pain in his lower neck and shoulder area two years ago this month, he still held out hope that he would one day pitch again in the Major Leagues.

But that dream ended last year when Hochevar found he was unable to throw again without pain. Hochevar, 34, told MLB.com he has retired from the game.

[...]
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:46 PM   #3689
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post

KANSAS CITY -- When former Royals right-hander Luke Hochevar had thoracic outlet surgery to alleviate pain in his lower neck and shoulder area two years ago this month, he still held out hope that he would one day pitch again in the Major Leagues.

But that dream ended last year when Hochevar found he was unable to throw again without pain. Hochevar, 34, told MLB.com he has retired from the game.

[...]

Cool. Guy rebuilt himself from absolute bust to a key part of a WS championship team. Well done.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:50 PM   #3690
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post

[...]
I do not think we win the 2015 Title without him. As previously stated, he went from bust to borg, and I hope our next #1 pick can reach the same heights.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.