Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:44 AM   #10921
Chiefs

Might be a Q but great news
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:45 AM   #10922
I got Rice cookin in the micro

If an 80 chooses to not kill himself he still is making a choice
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:45 AM   #10923
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
where did the 80 year visiting his kids come into this discussion?
When people started talking about how one person's choices leading to his own death mattered and others didn't.

When the vast majority of these transmissions appear to be a result of family transmission, how else do you think older/higher risk individuals are contracting it?

Either free will is relevant is or it isn't. If we're willing to disregard the guy who panicked because he's watching a life he built crumble around him, then we must also be willing to disregard the diabetic who ate himself into a state where his body can't fight this off. Or the 65 year old that told his family to come over for dinner and got sick.

Personally I'm willing to give ALL of them a bit of a pass right now, which is why I'm unwilling to hand-waive the mental health impacts of this. Unlike others who feel emboldened to pick winners and losers.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:45 AM   #10924
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
JFC

ok how many are showing many symptoms in NY that havent been tested today?

thats the ****ing point here...

the numbers arent accurate by any account
We don't know. What we do know is that there have only been 82 confirmed new cases today. And that is fewer than yesterday.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:45 AM   #10925

If we can keep that number at about 82 we can go back to sports and business hopefully by easter.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:45 AM   #10926
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
As I've said, I've simply gone through too much of this crap to keep track of it. It was from a couple of studies released last Thursday/Friday(ish).

Children to adult transmissions are showing to be exceptionally rare.
those studies are now outdated IMO (and not trying to bash you here it could be true). if they were done in the us it could be that there wasnt enough data, if they were done in another country who knows whether to believe them...

italy and spain both have older populations are those people around many sick kids? i dont know.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:46 AM   #10927
Supporter

Quote:
JFC

ok how many are showing many symptoms in NY that havent been tested today?

thats the ****ing point here...

the numbers arent accurate by any account
But that is everywhere. We don't know and we won't know.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:47 AM   #10928

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Comparing an 80-year-old visiting her kids dying due to the CoronaVirus to a 30-year-old blowing his brains out is one of the most asinine comparisons I've ever heard in my life.

Ever think maybe the 30-year-old didn't enjoy living and just decided to use these times as an excuse?
Or maybe this was a catalyst that could've been avoided and that person may have found his way through this in time. How's saying "well this guy was probably gonna kill himself anyway" any different than saying "well hell, that 80 year old would've been dead in a few years one way or the other..."?

The lack of internal consistency here is laughable.

Either you're responsible for your own choices or you aren't.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:47 AM   #10929
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

22.2% to 26.9% of people being hospitalized for COVID-19 complications have diabetes.

If you choose to be obese and eat unhealthy shit, you are making lifestyle choices that lead to diabetes and increase your chances of getting COVID-19-related complications.

https://www.aace.com/recent-news-and...abetes-updated

Quote:
COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that can cause several symptoms, including fever, coughing, shortness of breath and difficulty breathing. As COVID-19 continues to spread in the United States, it is important for everyone to take the necessary precautions to help prevent infection and spread of the virus. Individuals over 60 years of age and those with pre-existing medical conditions, including diabetes, are at the highest risk for complications.

Recent studies have shown that of those hospitalized for severe disease, 22.2% to 26.9% reported living with diabetes. Diabetes and high glucose levels are associated with increased complications, respiratory failure and mortality in hospitalized patients with COVID-19.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:47 AM   #10930
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP View Post

Might be a Q but great news
3M is awesome. One of my favorites.

They once sent a team out to buff a car for us. Overnight. Two days before a car show. For free.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:48 AM   #10931
Shit

Quote:
When people started talking about how one person's choices leading to his own death mattered and others didn't.

When the vast majority of these transmissions appear to be a result of family transmission, how else do you think older/higher risk individuals are contracting it?

Either free will is relevant is or it isn't. If we're willing to disregard the guy who panicked because he's watching a life he built crumble around him, then we must also be willing to disregard the diabetic who ate himself into a state where his body can't fight this off. Or the 65 year old that told his family to come over for dinner and got sick.

Personally I'm willing to give ALL of them a bit of a pass right now, which is why I'm unwilling to hand-waive the mental health impacts of this. Unlike others who feel emboldened to pick winners and losers.
well i think

no one wins if they are dead. no one
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:48 AM   #10932
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
What's political about it? Quit trying to shut down a discussion because you don't like what it implies.

The 80 year old that visits his kids had a choice as well. So did the person that has multiple comorbidities due to lifestyle decisions.

One side of this dialogue is claiming a moral high-ground and believes that gives them the right do decide which deaths matter and which ones are to be disregarded. How isn't that putting your thumb on the scale?

If you're going to try to make this decision purely from a public health perspective, then the impacts this makes on people's mental health is absolutely relevant to the discussion.
I do think that we need to consider the impact on mental health. I know that this quarantine has been very hard on my own. However, I also believe that the excess deaths postulated from opening everything back up far surpass the mental health damage.

From a selfish standpoint, I also know that opening everything up places me at higher risk as well as my wife. I don't want her exposed any more than possible, not only for my sake, but hers.

Ultimately, I think we have to do whatever we can to stop overwhelming the healthcare system. If we end up with a surge that overwhelms our ability to protect them, it will create a shortage of providers for years that will itself lead to thousands upon thousands of excess deaths.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:49 AM   #10933
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
We don't know. What we do know is that there have only been 82 confirmed new cases today. And that is fewer than yesterday.
which is because they stopped testing most people that have it. not because ita slowing down

its common sense.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:49 AM   #10934

My work had a number you could call to deal with the mental aspect of all of this and the councilers aren't meeting patience due to the virus. THX
Old 03-25-2020, 09:51 AM   #10935

Quote:
well i think

no one wins if they are dead. no one
Exactly.

All I'm saying is that if you're focusing exclusively on deaths that occur as a result of this, you cannot disregard those mental health outcomes either.

Because as you noted - no one wins if they are dead. And the man that killed himself - irrationally or otherwise - is no less dead.

Again - do I believe suicides as a result of this are going to be 1 for 1 with fatalities as a result of the disease? No, of course not. But I think they'll happen. And they'll happen in significant enough numbers that they need to be included in the decision-making process.