Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-18-2012, 05:50 PM  
Caralho

Horror Movies

Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2023, 02:28 PM   #706
Veteran

I tried watching The Monster last night on HBO. Fell asleep so many times that I finally just shut it off and went to bed.

It's about a young mom who I gather is a shitty parent, and her young daughter who hates her. I'm not sure where they were going late at night, but they hit a wolf or something and their car dies. I shut it off right after that and I doubt I'll try to finish it.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-20-2023, 09:58 PM   #707
My work speaks for itself!!!

I enjoyed “Taking of Deborah Logan”
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-22-2023, 10:24 AM   #708
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Anyone see any horror worth mentioning lately?
"I Spit On Your Grave" was pretty ****ed up, but good.
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-05-2023, 09:26 PM   #709
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
The new Hellraiser is still on my mind a bit.

There was a scene with, I think, the Priestess/Pinhead: "What do you pray for? Salvation? One harmonious note without end? There is no music in that."

I thought that was a pretty cool line, even if the Cenobites are twisted ****ers.

So I spent the last couple days watching Hellraiser and Hellraiser 2: Hellbound.

I'd have to say, I think they were both enjoyable, but I did not like how anticlimactic the second one was when Kirsty (or whatever) was able to convince the Cenobites that they were people once. That felt really rushed and missed the mark, IMO.

Generally speaking, the Cenobites could have been more menacing. In both originals, they could be reasoned with and that took some of the bite out of the scare factor for them.
Ok, I finally got around to watching Hellraiser III and IV.

III was decent enough. It was hilarious seeing the newly made cenobites strolling down the streets of Manhattan.

Pretty jarring seeing that amount of smoking in this day and age. There might have been a solid 5 minutes of screen time in which none of techaracters on-screen had a cigarette in their mouth.

The actress who played Terry was hot as hell also. Shame what happened to her character though.

IV was a steaming pile of shit. What was it with the 90s and sending beloved horror franchises into space? They sent Jason Vorhees, Leprechaun and now Pinhead? Just garbage.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2023, 12:55 PM   #710
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
I’ve been watching the Friday the 13th franchise. Jason got uglier and uglier.

Heh, I watched the first one the other night. It was refreshing to 80's boobs.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:09 PM   #711
Supporter

Really hope the new Evil Dead movie isn't shit.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:48 AM   #712
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Wait, what?? First I’ve heard of this!
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2023, 02:44 PM   #713
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
Wait, what?? First I’ve heard of this!
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/evil_dead_rise
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-23-2023, 11:13 AM   #714
Just a li'l Evel

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
From the trailer, it looks like they took any of the humor out of it and it's just a "The Ring" type gore and jump scare film.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2023, 12:56 PM   #715
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
From the trailer, it looks like they took any of the humor out of it and it's just a "The Ring" type gore and jump scare film.
The original Evil Dead trailer doesn't really have much humor in it either. Not sure it will follow the same play book but just thought I would throw it out there.

BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-23-2023, 01:29 PM   #716
You gotta kill a few people

They had an Evil Dead remake back in 2013 that didn't have much, if any, humor and that one was awesome, I thought.

I am excited for this new one.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2023, 01:59 PM   #717
Supporter

So this one ins't a remake and is also supposed to be more gore than humorous. They are running with the fact brought up in Army of Darkness that there are three Necronomicon books in existence.

This allows them to get away from the cabin and the first three movies being the center of the story.
Old 03-25-2023, 12:57 PM   #718
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
Watching A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 Freddys Revenge once again. I saw the sequel before I saw the original. Freddy was definitely at his scariest in this one. I owned the VHS growing up. It had been a long time since I saw it.

As a kid I didn't know or catch any of the gay commentary going on in the flick. As an adult it's about as obvious as can be. There isn't really anything else being insinuated. And even though it isn't subtle it's a helluva lot better than a character preaching to the audience. I'd forgotten how goofy some of these were but they're still more fun than a most of the horror today.

Red Letter Media did a big show on the the whole series. I'd recommend it if you're a fan.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2023, 02:39 PM   #719
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
As a kid I didn't know or catch any of the gay commentary going on in the flick. As an adult it's about as obvious as can be. There isn't really anything else being insinuated. And even though it isn't subtle it's a helluva lot better than a character preaching to the audience. I'd forgotten how goofy some of these were but they're still more fun than a most of the horror today.

Red Letter Media did a big show on the the whole series. I'd recommend it if you're a fan.
The entire movie is about coming out of the closet, Freddy was just the vehicle. Here is a review that describes it perfectly.

Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-22-2023, 04:24 PM   #720
Live free or die hard

8.5 of 10

Balls to the wall horror eye candy, I might even rate it higher had it not been opening night in a packed theater that serves alcohol.

Last edited by Otter; 04-22-2023 at 04:30 PM..
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote