Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-14-2021, 05:03 PM   #2
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
I didn't feel let down at all and thought it was a very effective finale. It opened up massive possibilities for this franchise, introduced us to the major villain of the next phase, and paved the way for further stories with these characters. Now, if they weren't planning a S2 with these characters I might feel differently (as they didn't fully provide closure for Loki/Sylvie/Mobius' character arcs). But they are planning that and presumably will do that down the road.
The season ended on a cliffhanger, which is lame, especially considering it's going to be quite a while before Kang's next appearance, whether that's in another season of Loki that could debut at the end of 2022 or in the next Ant-Man movie, which won't be released until 2023.

That's a crazy long cliffhanger and wait.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:24 PM   #3
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
I didn't feel let down at all and thought it was a very effective finale. It opened up massive possibilities for this franchise, introduced us to the major villain of the next phase, and paved the way for further stories with these characters.
they can do anything now. Bring back Steve Rodgers, anyone who died etc. obviously the first is all the actors who played Spider-Man’s.

If Loki can be a gator and female, let your imagination run wild on other variants. You can have famous people guest appear as a variant. Take any avenger and make them any possible animal. Doesn’t have to be an earth animal or being. There are no limits anymore. They’d better be good variants because the expectations bar has been set.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2021, 05:24 PM   #4
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2021, 08:41 AM   #5
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
**** dis AI bitch
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2021, 05:34 PM   #6
sorta mod-ish

Lol
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2021, 06:39 PM   #7
World's Best Boss

It had a very "The Good Place" season finale.

I think the writers will be able to continue thinks like Good Place after the reset.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2021, 06:57 PM   #8
MVP

So basically this sets up Kang killing all the multiversal copies of himself.

I am thinking that Ravonna was sent to find the older Rama Tut which is a retired version of Kang ruling ancient Egypt. Looks like Loki landed in a universe with a more evil Kang since the statue is wearing Kang's battle suit from the comics.

GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:13 PM   #9
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
So basically this sets up Kang killing all the multiversal copies of himself.

I am thinking that Ravonna was sent to find the older Rama Tut which is a retired version of Kang ruling ancient Egypt. Looks like Loki landed in a universe with a more evil Kang since the statue is wearing Kang's battle suit from the comics.

Yeah that’s probably the best guess as to where he sent her.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:49 PM   #10
Perpetual Mediocrity

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.vani...doctor-who/amp

Good read on the finale that mostly fits my views of it.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:28 PM   #11
Supporter

Quote:
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.vani...doctor-who/amp

Good read on the finale that mostly fits my views of it.
Well, I have to say, I didn't really like the opinions of that writer, and especially the Michael Waldron quotes. He seems to be saying the exact opposite of how Time Travel worked in Endgame, so if he's going to rewrite those rules, I just hope that it doesn't cheapen Tony Stark or Natasha's sacrifice or ruin Cap's chance at happiness with Peggy.

That's also the first time that I've heard that What If...could actually be part of the MCU and not just a fun side project.

The Infinity Saga wasn't like Star Wars Episodes 7-9, in which the overwhelming majority of fans would love to see them wiped from canon. Endgame was beloved by most people, including me, which is why it's the largest grossing movie of all time.

And while the writer thought that all of the exposition by Jonathan Majors worked, I felt the opposite. It was a plot device that was necessary because at the time of filming, Season 2 was a pipedream, so the only way to make the series work in 6 episodes was to have all of that exposition so that the viewers would know what's happening. To me, that's really, really poor planning on Marvel's part and a bit of a shock because everything else to date has been so meticulously planned.

It's weird because the entire series seemed to be moving at a snail's pace, then all of the sudden, BOOM!, we find out what's really going on in less than 20 minutes yet we won't won't find out how it concludes for quite some time. The more I think about it, the less I trust these Marvel TV series to do anything other than bridge the gaps between the movies to keep the "consumer" interested.

This is actually beginning to bum me out so I'll stop now. Ugh.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:37 PM   #12
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Well, I have to say, I didn't really like the opinions of that writer, and especially the Michael Waldron quotes. He seems to be saying the exact opposite of how Time Travel worked in Endgame, so if he's going to rewrite those rules, I just hope that it doesn't cheapen Tony Stark or Natasha's sacrifice or ruin Cap's chance at happiness with Peggy.

That's also the first time that I've heard that What If...could actually be part of the MCU and not just a fun side project.

The Infinity Saga wasn't like Star Wars Episodes 7-9, in which the overwhelming majority of fans would love to see them wiped from canon. Endgame was beloved by most people, including me, which is why it's the largest grossing movie of all time.

And while the writer thought that all of the exposition by Jonathan Majors worked, I felt the opposite. It was a plot device that was necessary because at the time of filming, Season 2 was a pipedream, so the only way to make the series work in 6 episodes was to have all of that exposition so that the viewers would know what's happening. To me, that's really, really poor planning on Marvel's part and a bit of a shock because everything else to date has been so meticulously planned.

It's weird because the entire series seemed to be moving at a snail's pace, then all of the sudden, BOOM!, we find out what's really going on in less than 20 minutes yet we won't won't find out how it concludes for quite some time. The more I think about it, the less I trust these Marvel TV series to do anything other than bridge the gaps between the movies to keep the "consumer" interested.

This is actually beginning to bum me out so I'll stop now. Ugh.
Well that’s a rather cynical way to look at it but probably not entirely inaccurate. I’m not exactly expecting the height of television when I’m watching a MCU series, though, and partially because of exactly what you describe. If it is interesting and entertaining, though, that’s enough for me. I think Loki more than accomplished that as a show in itself while also paving the way for Stage 4 of the MCU.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:45 PM   #13
Supporter

Quote:
I’m not exactly expecting the height of television when I’m watching a MCU series, though, and partially because of exactly what you describe. If it is interesting and entertaining, though, that’s enough for me. I think Loki more than accomplished that as a show in itself while also paving the way for Stage 4 of the MCU.
My expectations come from several factors including Kevin Feige, the directors hired, the producers, screenwriters, showrunners, cast, composers and maybe most importantly, the budget.

If these shows were given typical network budgets, like those of Agent Carter and Agents of Shield, my expectations would be on par with those programs. But when Marvel is shelling out $150 million or more (not including marketing) for around 5 hours of screen time, my expectations rise accordingly.

And sure, Loki "paved the way" for entry into Phase 4 and Kang, it did so in the most awkward and strange way possible for a production with a $125+ million budget: 20 minutes of exposition by the bad guy.

I'll shut up now.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:55 PM   #14
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
My expectations come from several factors including Kevin Feige, the directors hired, the producers, screenwriters, showrunners, cast, composers and maybe most importantly, the budget.

If these shows were given typical network budgets, like those of Agent Carter and Agents of Shield, my expectations would be on par with those programs. But when Marvel is shelling out $150 million or more (not including marketing) for around 5 hours of screen time, my expectations rise accordingly.

And sure, Loki "paved the way" for entry into Phase 4 and Kang, it did so in the most awkward and strange way possible for a production with a $125+ million budget: 20 minutes of exposition by the bad guy.

I'll shut up now.
I think I also enjoyed the exposition much more than you as well. There was some real tension throughout those scenes among those three and also serious questions about just how much of what he was selling was pure manipulation (and in fact, those questions still persist even now given it seems he both wanted and expected this outcome judging by what he sent Renslayer and when he sent it). The viewer is supposed to be judging him and doubting the veracity of what he is saying just as much as Loki/Sylvie were in those scenes and I enjoyed that ambiguity as well.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 07:58 PM   #15
Veteran

The cliffhanger didn't bother me, there was enough smoke around a season 2 that I was expecting a season finale rather than a series finale. And in that context I think it was well done. It wasn't a bullshit bait and switch cliffhanger, all the plot threads and character arcs we had been following through the season were paid off. It's just that the pay off set up more questions.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote