Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-08-2020, 11:08 PM  
'Tis my eye!

WTF, Amazon?!?!

So I logged into my Amazon account this evening to order some razor blades and noticed that in my product browsing history is the Ravens/Cowboys game.

Why is that odd?

Because I didn't watch it on Amazon Prime. I didn't watch it via any streaming service. I didn't watch it on a smart TV, I didn't even watch it on a connected device.

I watched it OTA on a regular TV. I know those stupid smart home devices can hear you when you say their name and I'm sure they listen to my conversations on occasion but are they listening to what I'm ****ing watching on TV?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:10 PM   #2
Everybody Lies.

It wouldn't surprise me. These devices these days...
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:16 PM   #3
In Search of a Life

People willfully let a greedy corporation listen to all their private business. SIRI says hello.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:19 PM   #4
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
People willfully let a greedy corporation listen to all their private business. SIRI says hello.
I have Siri turned off so not too concerned about her.

My wife has an Amazon Echo Show in the kitchen and I know it listens to our voices but voice recognition technology is significantly different than listening to and identifying a television broadcast.

I'm pretty familiar with how data proliferation works - I know how Facebook does it and for the most part, how Amazon, Google, and Apple do it.

This one has me mystified though.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:20 PM   #5
Spooky Action

Could it be you browsed NFL or an NFL game before, that's the "history"?
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:21 PM   #6
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

Could be pattern matched audio from the echo
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:21 PM   #7
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPodolak View Post
Could it be you browsed NFL or an NFL game before, that's the "history"?
Other than Chiefsplanet, I hadn't browsed any other sports-related sites.

Furthermore, I browse the internet, including CP, in a sandbox. There's no way for the CP window to share data with an Amazon session, even if I had an Amazon session open (I didn't).
Old 12-08-2020, 11:22 PM   #8
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
So I logged into my Amazon account this evening to order some razor blades and noticed that in my product browsing history is the Ravens/Cowboys game.

Why is that odd?

Because I didn't watch it on Amazon Prime. I didn't watch it via any streaming service. I didn't watch it on a smart TV, I didn't even watch it on a connected device.

I watched it OTA on a regular TV. I know those stupid smart home devices can hear you when you say their name and I'm sure they listen to my conversations on occasion but are they listening to what I'm ****ing watching on TV?
Happens all the damn time.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:23 PM   #9
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
Could be pattern matched audio from the echo
That's what I'm thinking. Which is ****ing annoying for sure.

I know they're going to listen to me (my voice), that's one thing.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:23 PM   #10
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

Why is that odd?

my son watched something. Not on my ID on YouTube, I get shit like that on my feed. I watch something on TV, I get similar shit for my Facebook ads. I’ve never asked for or searched for crochet shit. Get spam in my email.

It’s algorithm’s gone psycho
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:23 PM   #11
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
Happens all the damn time.
So you've experienced this more than once, huh?
Old 12-08-2020, 11:25 PM   #12
Spooky Action

Quote:
Other than Chiefsplanet, I hadn't browsed any other sports-related sites.

Furthermore, I browse the internet, including CP, in a sandbox. There's no way for the CP window to share data with an Amazon session, even if I had an Amazon session open (I didn't).
I meant have you shopped on Amazon for anything related to the NFL.
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:27 PM   #13
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
my son watched something. Not on my ID on YouTube, I get shit like that on my feed. I watch something on TV, I get similar shit on Facebook. I’ve never asked for or searched for crochet shit. Get spam in my email.

It’s algorithm’s gone psycho
The Youtube app on a single device stores data globally, so it will push things to your feed under your login even if someone else watches things on their login.

If you're granting the FB app access to your microphone and camera, then theoretically it could listen to your TV although that would be undisclosed functionality (not they're above that, of course).

Email spam is almost always just random.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:28 PM   #14
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPodolak View Post
I meant have you shopped on Amazon for anything related to the NFL.
Nope. Haven't watched anything on Amazon Prime in months and haven't ever bought anything football-related on Amazon, even apparel.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:32 PM   #15
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
That's what I'm thinking. Which is ****ing annoying for sure.

I know they're going to listen to me (my voice), that's one thing.
Then they're gonna know where you hid that hooker's body.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote