Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-18-2018, 08:43 AM  
I'll be back.

Eric Berry on track for December return

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...efensive-help/

Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs have become a Super Bowl favorite despite a leaky defense, but sources maintained that significant help is on the way. Safety Eric Berry, a former Defensive Player of the Year candidate and one of the most loved and respected members of that organization, continued to make strides from a long-term heel injury, and could be back as soon as after Kansas City's Week 12 bye, sources said.

Berry will not play in Monday's clash with the Rams – one of the most anticipated games of the season – and has yet to practice, but the team made a point to take every precaution with the playmaker and has been eyeing the weeks following the bye to implement him back into the lineup. It's expected Berry would begin practicing after the bye, with a return in Week 13 or 14 likely at this point.

The Chiefs secondary has been a major concern this season, with the offense carrying a heavy scoring burden in leading the team to the top of the AFC standings. The recent return of pass rusher Justin Houston has boosted the front seven, and getting Berry back before the playoffs could be another considerable addition.

Berry tore his Achilles tendon in the first game of the 2017 season and has been absent since. He has dealt with heel and foot complications from the injury and overcome several hurdles in his recovery to reach the point where the team feels very positive about his return. Berry provided inspiration, leadership and dominance in his return to the Chiefs in 2016 after overcoming cancer, and the players and coaches eagerly await his upcoming 2018 debut.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:32 PM   #181
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I bet they might play and not be a cancer to the franchise.
I don't know, Stinky's vertical ain't what it used to be...
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:35 PM   #182
MVP

Oddball ain’t that bad against the slot.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:43 PM   #183
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High D View Post
Oddball ain’t that bad against the slot.
Cornbread has a gleam!
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:52 PM   #184
I've Made a Huge Mistake

If it plays out that he comes back late and helps us in a playoff game then this entire saga was worth it in my mind. Especially if we got the 1 seed. If we do, having him wouldn't have improved anything during regular season play. If that doesn't happen, then I will get mad.
NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:02 PM   #185
Veteran

People are literally mad that a cancer survivor isn't in good enough shape to play the most violent sport in history... some of you have lost your minds. Berry should've been doing charity events, not trying to play football. He should have never been given that contract to begin with, but you can't blame him for not being in physical shape to play. Its on the owner/GM (depending on which version of events you believe) for making the riskiest signing I've ever seen, not the player.
Sannyasi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSannyasi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSannyasi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSannyasi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSannyasi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSannyasi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSannyasi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSannyasi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSannyasi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSannyasi 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSannyasi 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-22-2018, 07:15 PM   #186
offense > defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan View Post
If it plays out that he comes back late and helps us in a playoff game then this entire saga was worth it in my mind. Especially if we got the 1 seed. If we do, having him wouldn't have improved anything during regular season play. If that doesn't happen, then I will get mad.
This, plus in reality there is no "saga." The Chiefs simply don't want to provide all the gory details and I don't blame them for that; no other (competent) team does, either. Look at the Pats for example. It's definitely frustrating since I always hoped he'd be back this week... or the next week... or the one after, but at the same time I didn't work myself up over it like so many people here. It is what it is. Cross fingers he's back ASAP.
CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:17 PM   #187
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannyasi View Post
People are literally mad that a cancer survivor isn't in good enough shape to play the most violent sport in history... some of you have lost your minds. Berry should've been doing charity events, not trying to play football. He should have never been given that contract to begin with, but you can't blame him for not being in physical shape to play. Its on the owner/GM (depending on which version of events you believe) for making the riskiest signing I've ever seen, not the player.
I think it was a stupid contract, I think most of us do, but make no mistake, Berry sold himself as a player, not as a Fathead wall sticker!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:29 PM   #188
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Yeah sadly this seems like the most likely. I can't think of one injured player who came back and played 100% late in the season. Seems like we've always got guys banged up and when they come back they're obviously not ready to go.

Please prove me wrong Eric!
Bob Sanders did it several years back for the Colts. He was a real difference maker in the playoffs. But yea, the list of players who also accomplished this is not a long one.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 11-22-2018, 07:29 PM   #189
I've Made a Huge Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidStunt View Post
This, plus in reality there is no "saga." The Chiefs simply don't want to provide all the gory details and I don't blame them for that; no other (competent) team does, either. Look at the Pats for example. It's definitely frustrating since I always hoped he'd be back this week... or the next week... or the one after, but at the same time I didn't work myself up over it like so many people here. It is what it is. Cross fingers he's back ASAP.
I agree. The saga seems to lie more with the fans than the media, and especially the players. I don't care about the contract, the pain threshold, ect. I only care if he helps us when it counts. If he doesn't, I'll be in line with the rest.
NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:20 PM   #190
MVP

^ See you soon in line, say hi to Tumbleweed.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:59 AM   #191
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I'm dreaming of this scenario for the next few months.

Eric Berry transitions back into his starting role throughout December ahead of the playoffs, knocking off rust, getting back in shape for a run. He helps the Chiefs dominate their way to the Super Bowl, where....

In his home town of Atlanta, whether it be against the Saints, Rams, or whoever, Berry makes that one game changing play that ultimately wins the Chiefs their first championship since 1970. He's that type of player to do it, and we've seen it before. It would be poetic justice, a true storybook ending. All of the frustration and confusion of this saga becomes worth it. Berry fulfills his destiny and cements his legacy in Kansas City.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 11:03 AM   #192
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post

Eric Berry transitions back into his starting role throughout December ahead of the playoffs, knocking off rust, getting back in shape for a run. He helps the Chiefs dominate their way to the Super Bowl, where....

In his home town of Atlanta, whether it be against the Saints, Rams, or whoever, Berry makes that one game changing play that ultimately wins the Chiefs their first championship since 1970. He's that type of player to do it, and we've seen it before. It would be poetic justice, a true storybook ending. All of the frustration and confusion of this saga becomes worth it. Berry fulfills his destiny and cements his legacy in Kansas City.

Love it!
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 11-23-2018, 11:05 AM   #193
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post

Wow, go ahead and dish me up some of that
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:09 AM   #194
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN View Post
Let's hear it for Justin Houston for being such a huge factor in our last game and always bringing it.
I'm not sure if you're being facetious, but Houston had the strip sack that led to the go-ahead TD with only a few minutes left.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2018, 12:24 PM   #195
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannyasi View Post
He pushed for that contract...soooo....no.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.