Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-04-2018, 08:33 PM  
I'll be back.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Quote:
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:32 PM   #1471
My work speaks for itself!!!

that............was................AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

First time I've yelled/cheered in a movie since Empire or ROTJ!!!!!!!!

Wow - Favreau and team "gets it".......they gave us everything we should have had in the last 6 films.

I'm going to bed happier than I have been in a long, long time!!!
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-20-2020, 12:14 AM   #1472
MONTANA #19

So now that I've come down from the excitement, there is a pretty big plot hole that will need explaining that I'm surprised got past Filoni. Maybe they tried to keep things so secret that Favreau didn't even let Filoni see the finale script but...
Spoiler!
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-20-2020, 12:25 AM   #1473
Stay positive, don't give up

Loved loved loved it! I'm so glad it was Hamil. I dgaf if he had to be deaged. It wouldn't have been the same with sebastian stan. Mark Hamill is Luke Skywalker. It was just jaw dropping.

So happy. I assume this is the only time we see Luke?
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 12:36 AM   #1474
oxymoron

There's no way Filoni was not involved in the finale.
Spoiler!
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2020, 12:43 AM   #1475
oxymoron

Spoiler!
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:53 AM   #1476
MONTANA #19

Spoiler!
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-20-2020, 02:47 AM   #1477
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation View Post
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2020, 03:52 AM   #1478
Immanentize The Eschaton

An interesting video came up on my Youtube feed about the visual effects that they use for the show. I don't know if it has been shared in this thread already but I'm going to embed it here:

listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2020, 08:17 AM   #1479
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
It *seems* as if they're following the original EU in which Thrawn returns from the Unknown Regions to reorganize the Empire.

He had a cloned Jedi named Joruus C'baoth, who, due to the cloning process, was no longer a Jedi but a "Dark Jedi". He wasn't a Sith but he was evil and "guided" the Empire through The Force, just like Sidious.

It took Luke, Leia, Han, Lando and a cast of others over the course of three novels to finally defeat Thrawn and "new" Empire.

The series also introduced Mara Jade, among other notable EU characters.
I hope they go this route. It's also possible, I think, that this is part of how Snoke clones started getting created. That would have to be carefully done to avoid being infected by the stench of the new trilogy.

Side note rant:

How much more imposing and scary is the First Order IF that trilogy of movies is built around a returned empire under the command of super genious Thrawn, with his cloned Dark Jedi sidekick who has managed to corrupt the Skywalker blood heir?

(Tries to control his rage at not having a cohesive plan before beginning a trilogy and letting directors have too much creative control over said trilogy, which led to it being a jumbled mess).

That said, I do see a possible path to introducing Thrawn, associating him with the rise of the First Order, and then tying off that story arc with him gone and the First Order still a threat that is moving forward with less-capable leaders.

It can be done well. I would trust Filoni and Favreau to have a good overall plan as long as Kathleen Kennedy isn't allowed to sprinkle her BS on it.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:27 AM   #1480
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
It *seems* as if they're following the original EU in which Thrawn returns from the Unknown Regions to reorganize the Empire.

He had a cloned Jedi named Joruus C'baoth, who, due to the cloning process, was no longer a Jedi but a "Dark Jedi". He wasn't a Sith but he was evil and "guided" the Empire through The Force, just like Sidious.

It took Luke, Leia, Han, Lando and a cast of others over the course of three novels to finally defeat Thrawn and "new" Empire.

The series also introduced Mara Jade, among other notable EU characters.

It's awesome that the creative team are taking the best elements of the EU like the " Lothal's "Jedi Temple temporal displacement" catacomb retcon could occur then it could further into metaphysical Force butterfly effect due to existing in the same time stream as your counterpart which automatically resets events like revealing that Din was the one who saved Grogu. You can redue Eps 1-3 leave the original alone and deviant from JJ and TJ's bullshit bu explaining how the Force left the Skywalker era alone and created a new sequence of events were caused due to the Force being dormant then quakes to alter the new trilogy.

Last edited by Tribal Warfare; 12-20-2020 at 09:01 AM..
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2020, 10:02 AM   #1481
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
But the actual in-the-flesh actor was Max Llyod-Jones. Let us introduce you.

Although the London-born thespian isn’t a household name, he has a pretty solid resume, including “Adventures in Baby-Sitting,” “The Sandlot,”
I cannot find his role in "The Sandlot" on IMDB.
Did he change his name or something?
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:06 AM   #1482
Forever Royal

The dark troopers remind me of of the robots in Reel Steel.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:08 PM   #1483
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
The dark troopers remind me of of the robots in Reel Steel.
1995, 1998, 2020. Phase 1, II & III of the Dark Trooper program.

DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2020, 02:29 PM
DaneMcCloud
This message has been deleted by Bearcat. Reason: Thread is broken
Old 12-20-2020, 02:43 PM   #1484
I'll be back.

Quote:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit, YES!!!!!!

Link please!
You manage to break the thread?

https://streamable.com/g3us0u
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2020, 03:21 PM   #1485
Supporter

I broke the thread quoting. I sent an PM to the Mods.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.