Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-12-2019, 05:51 PM  
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Should the Chiefs look at S Minkah Fitzpatrick as a CB?

So I've come around to the idea that we might need to address the CB situation sooner rather than later.

In that vein, I was wondering what we think of S Minkah Fitzpatrick of the Miami Dolphins.

6' 1" 200 lbs.

2018 stats
80 tackles
9 pass defended
2 INTs

I know, he's listed as a safety. But last year, out of 1,000 snaps played, he actually played over the slot and on the boundary in nearly 700 snaps. And when he was targeted, he allowed just a 51% completion rate, and a QB rating of only 49%. Okay, 49.7%.

And while he's still got 3 years to go on his contract, he looks cheap, at about 3-4 million/year.

Maybe a solid possibility?

Last edited by Megatron96; 09-12-2019 at 06:11 PM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:08 AM   #406
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
What's wrong with having another hybrid player?

Maybe Fitzpatrick plays the slot and Fuller plays boundary full-time, replacing Ward.

Maybe Fitzpatrick plays S and they rotate Thornhill to a boundary corner position playing Ward's snaps.

Maybe they have a hybrid 4-1-6 scheme in mind where they play 3 safeties and 3 CB and can move the S all over the place.
Again, I think we just get into "hybrid" player evals because he's not good enough to do one thing all the time, but is decent at everything.

I don't think I'd give up a first for that.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:09 AM   #407
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
It’s a fair question though because you already have Thornhill, Mathieu, and Fuller who are more than fine in their roles.

If we trade for Fitzpatrick, it’s likely because they think he can play outside. I’m just not so sure that they think that.
It's a totally fair question, I just think there is a totally reasonable answer.

The answer is versatility.

I've been preaching since we hired Spagnuolo that the key concept I was picking up from him in interviews was versatility.

If you don't have a Patrick Peterson, then the drop-off to the second tier guys is not worth the price differential, in my opinion, under the current PI rules. Therefore your best bet defensively is to have great versatility and be able to mix and match coverages and concepts and confuse the offense.

Fitzpatrick fits that, is young and cheap, and picking him up doesn't preclude a deal for a Peterson type if it's available.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:09 AM   #408
In Search of a Life

You do get him for 4 years for 16 mil.

That's worth a lot.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:14 AM   #409
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Again, I think we just get into "hybrid" player evals because he's not good enough to do one thing all the time, but is decent at everything.

I don't think I'd give up a first for that.
I don't think that's true.

I think he can play several roles at a plus level.

I think that's a good thing. I think the current defensive scheme is built around having multiple chess pieces. I get if you don't think that's the right approach, but the days of just lining up and our guys beat your guys one on one as your defensive philosophy...well, I don't think you can do that in the modern NFL with the rules the way they are.

I think that was the biggest problem with Sutton. He wanted to play 2000 Ravens style defense, and you can't do that in 2019. If you want to primarily invest in the defense draft after draft like the Ravens have always done, you can have a good defense, but you're not winning the Super Bowl in this age without a top 5 QB and offense.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:15 AM   #410
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
You do get him for 4 years for 16 mil.

That's worth a lot.
Way less than that.

Miami already paid his signing bonus. We would just owe the base salaries. Less than 2m per year.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:16 AM   #411
Supporter

The situation doesn't seem so dire yesterday. Our secondary covered much better yesterday. In fact, I believe that at least one sack was due to the coverage. Carr had nobody open to throw to and had to hold it too long. That was encouraging to see. That said, if we can get Fitzpatrick, I think that we should do it. I don't think that our current group of corners can cover Edelman, Gordon, and Brown.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:22 AM   #412
Veteran

Anyone knows how well or bad he performed against the Patriots? If he had a second poor game in a row it lowers a bit his value IMO. Sure he is playing on a terrible team but still, if you're a good player it's supposed to show.
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:28 AM   #413
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Way less than that.

Miami already paid his signing bonus. We would just owe the base salaries. Less than 2m per year.
If you took his 5th year option, you'd have more.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:34 AM   #414
oxymoron

Not for a first.

Not that he's not worth that, I just wouldn't do it.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:48 AM   #415
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckweath View Post
Anyone knows how well or bad he performed against the Patriots? If he had a second poor game in a row it lowers a bit his value IMO. Sure he is playing on a terrible team but still, if you're a good player it's supposed to show.
I read that he played better, but he was playing safety not cb it sounded like.
ChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 09-16-2019, 08:54 AM   #416
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
The situation doesn't seem so dire yesterday. Our secondary covered much better yesterday. In fact, I believe that at least one sack was due to the coverage. Carr had nobody open to throw to and had to hold it too long. That was encouraging to see. That said, if we can get Fitzpatrick, I think that we should do it. I don't think that our current group of corners can cover Edelman, Gordon, and Brown.
Oakland’s receivers are a bunch of jags. Don’t use what happened yesterday as a benchmark for the defense. We’re gonna need to play teams with real WRs if we plan on getting to the SB. We need another piece and hope that Claiborne comes in ready to play when his suspension is up.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:00 AM   #417
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
It’s a fair question though because you already have Thornhill, Mathieu, and Fuller who are more than fine in their roles.

If we trade for Fitzpatrick, it’s likely because they think he can play outside. I’m just not so sure that they think that.
Fuller is gone after this year. Fitzpatrick gives us a corner who can play his position without changing money in the next 4 years
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:13 AM   #418
Starter

That is a very good point. I would give a 1st for him.
Tinker Dill Loves all of Deberg's threads.Tinker Dill Loves all of Deberg's threads.Tinker Dill Loves all of Deberg's threads.Tinker Dill Loves all of Deberg's threads.Tinker Dill Loves all of Deberg's threads.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:14 AM   #419
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Fuller is gone after this year. Fitzpatrick gives us a corner who can play his position without changing money in the next 4 years
Money wise, sure, but you're also giving up a first rounder for it.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:14 AM   #420
Inmem 2.0

No thanks. Well be fine at corner once Claiborne comes back.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.