Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2022, 11:18 AM   #12571
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Wish I held Kroger a few days longer.
Just like your NVDA
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2022, 11:21 AM   #12572
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Just like your NVDA
I don’t think I had NVDA. If I did it wasn’t very long. Or maybe it was so bad I blocked it out.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2022, 11:24 AM   #12573
Fish are scared of me

I had NVDA and sold at 53. I thought I was brilliant!
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2022, 11:24 AM   #12574
Supporter

Quote:
What's the next line of support?

What's the chart saying or is there no real support here?

Looks like there is pretty decent support right here.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2022, 11:26 AM   #12575
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Rainman, Do you still have BBBY ? It's busting a nut today!
Nah, I dumped it a long time ago. Even with today's bump it's still 50 percent down from where I bought it.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2022, 11:27 AM   #12576
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
This morning on CNBC Worldwide Exchange, a Wedbush analyst took a blowtorch to Cathy Wood and her Ark Funds. Called them complete garbage and that she had the worst strategy as a portfolio manager, trying to catch falling knives by keep buying in as the tech wrecks kept dropping by 30-40-50% or more.

It was the most brutal attack from one Wall Streeter against another since Carl Icahn went after Bill Ackman over Herbalife.

Basically said she did nothing to protect her clients assets in a tough market and made it worse by an overly risky strategy.
She deserved every bit of that too. Ive paid attention to her moves since she became some sort of guru to a lot of people. All I can say is that she got very lucky. Since then, she has lost so much money, her trades make zero sense.

Her buy high sell low strategy is literally killing her ARK funds.

Glad I only watched and didnt follow her into the market...
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-07-2022, 11:29 AM   #12577
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Nah, I dumped it a long time ago. Even with today's bump it's still 50 percent down from where I bought it.
Dang, I was hoping to hit a homerun. It was up 100% right at market open.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2022, 12:26 PM   #12578
Supporter

Shit is getting nasty as **** right now....
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2022, 12:27 PM   #12579
Supporter

Quote:

Looks like there is pretty decent support right here.
I won't call that support based on the action I am seeing. It could be but we are already breaking through it in the QQQs. SPYs may hold it. If it holds then awesome.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 12:34 PM   #12580
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Shit is getting nasty as **** right now....
NASDAQ touched 20% loss again.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2022, 12:37 PM   #12581
Supporter

Quote:
I won't call that support based on the action I am seeing. It could be but we are already breaking through it in the QQQs. SPYs may hold it. If it holds then awesome.
Yeah. They probably won’t. Technicals kind of go out the window if there is mania.

But there was a lot of resistance type activity back when it went by there on the way up. Hopefully it holds, just from a volatility standpoint.

Supposedly a lot of people retired in 20-21. With inflation and the dump of the stock market those people might be facing some adverse conditions. Whether they understand it or not.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:13 PM   #12582
Supporter

So I’m sitting on a zoom presentation from KSU extension about the Russia/Ukraine shit.

One of the dudes just said Russia raised their bond rates from 8.5% to 20(!)% to stem the free fall of the ruble.

Does it make any sense to buy some Russian bonds and take them to term? I don’t know what instruments would even be available, but a 20% return on … anything in any term isn’t a bad return. Plus if they pay out rubles after a recovery of the ruble compared to US dollars (no idea if this is possible or not). Obviously the risk would be if Russia collapsed and they’re worthless, but that seems unlikely.

I know little about bonds. Am I missing something here?
Old 03-07-2022, 01:36 PM   #12583
Mod Team

Quote:
So I’m sitting on a zoom presentation from KSU extension about the Russia/Ukraine shit.

One of the dudes just said Russia raised their bond rates from 8.5% to 20(!)% to stem the free fall of the ruble.

Does it make any sense to buy some Russian bonds and take them to term? I don’t know what instruments would even be available, but a 20% return on … anything in any term isn’t a bad return. Plus if they pay out rubles after a recovery of the ruble compared to US dollars (no idea if this is possible or not). Obviously the risk would be if Russia collapsed and they’re worthless, but that seems unlikely.

I know little about bonds. Am I missing something here?
You’re missing possible sanctions coming down on being a foreigner and owning any of that.

Plus trusting Russia with your money.

No
Thanks.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:51 PM   #12584
Supporter

****, market is crashing.......
Old 03-07-2022, 02:04 PM   #12585
Mod Team

Quote:
****, market is crashing.......
Technicals are out the window now.