Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:35 PM   #41746
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great8 View Post
Bars still not allowed to have indoor seating.
Obviously, no fans at MLB, and our minor league team had it's season canceled.
Movie theatres still closed in Virginia.
No in person learning in the state until at least mid October.
Our Governor is a complete dipshit.

Take out Richmond and a 40 mile radius around DC, and this state would be great.
Did he really just ask you if you can go to a ballgame as long as you wear a mask????

petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:38 PM   #41747
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Did he really just ask you if you can go to a ballgame as long as you wear a mask????

No shit, I'd be at the ballpark in a hot second if I could.
Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:44 PM   #41748
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Bars still not allowed to have indoor seating.
Obviously, no fans at MLB, and our minor league team had it's season canceled.
Movie theatres still closed in Virginia.
No in person learning in the state until at least mid October.
Our Governor is a complete dipshit.

Take out Richmond and a 40 mile radius around DC, and this state would be great.
Thanks. Sounds like there's a pandemic going on.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:45 PM   #41749
Forever Royal

Any doctor, scientists, epidemiologist, etc. that supports the notion the protest gatherings are okay due to the content while others are not, are letting their emotions dictate their thoughts instead of sticking with the science. Pretty simple. Either all large gatherings are okay or they aren’t. If you want an example of why there is distrust in scientists on this topic and others from many people there you go.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:49 PM   #41750
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Missouri's numbers have improved some since the backlog was cleared, but they still don't look good.

We've been at a steady incline for quite some time now but hospitalizations have held fairly steady. Deaths haven't increased a lot either.

The Gov is supposed to speak at 3pm today. We'll see what info, if any, he has to share.
Yeah, I've been keeping up with that closely. Not sure what he's gonna do.

I was hopeful we could avoid a surge but it's looking more and more likely we just happen to be on deck.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:50 PM   #41751
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Thanks. Sounds like there's a pandemic going on.
Didn't you ask me what I couldn't do today that I normally could, as long as I was masked up, or am I crazy?
Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:50 PM   #41752
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Considering they have 125 million people - mostly packed into ultra-dense cities, Japan is still doing massively better than us or most other places who aren't taking it seriously.
They're currently having a pretty large spike.

Sure, they're better off than we are now, but we'll see. Isn't that how I'm supposed to do it? Wait a few weeks and see?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:53 PM   #41753
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Didn't you ask me what I couldn't do today that I normally could, as long as I was masked up, or am I crazy?
I don't know if you're crazy. But yes, I did ask that. Thanks for your answer.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:55 PM   #41754
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Yeah, I've been keeping up with that closely. Not sure what he's gonna do.

I was hopeful we could avoid a surge but it's looking more and more likely we just happen to be on deck.
I'm not sure there is much you can do at this point. You lock down and businesses will die now as there isn't any more Fed Gov help and the states are not going to provide help.

As with anything we are going to have to start defining what is an acceptable level of risk vs what is an acceptable level of locking down.

For all intents and purposes it seems like we have found a bit of a middle-ground for the most part here locally. Businesses are being allowed to operate to a degree but we are still not wide open. By the same token cases have increased some but we are not seeing the deaths and hospital resource shortages.

Until we develop effective therapeutics I think this is life as we know it.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:01 PM   #41755
"You like to drink?"

I'm amused each time I pass the "temporarily" shut down Urgent Care building off Shawnee Mission. Not like the metro area could use decentralized point of care access points or anything right now, right?
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:05 PM   #41756
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I'm not sure there is much you can do at this point. You lock down and businesses will die now as there isn't any more Fed Gov help and the states are not going to provide help.

As with anything we are going to have to start defining what is an acceptable level of risk vs what is an acceptable level of locking down.

For all intents and purposes it seems like we have found a bit of a middle-ground for the most part here locally. Businesses are being allowed to operate to a degree but we are still not wide open. By the same token cases have increased some but we are not seeing the deaths and hospital resource shortages.

Until we develop effective therapeutics I think this is life as we know it.
I don't really think it's any of the interventions at this point keeping people out of anywhere. People are doing it themselves so this is probably what you get for a while.

If Texas and Arizona and Florida and California keep coming down as they are which is pretty quick and faster than i thought they would, we have some hope.

I'm actually coming around on the fact that I don't think we'll have as bad or as much of a second wave as we thought, simply because the outbreak is so widespread now, by then we'll be fairly far along the immune spectrum.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:19 PM   #41757
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Does a virus care about race?
No but blacks seem to care about racism in your country for some reason.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:22 PM   #41758
Life is changing..

Gov of Missouri and Dr. Williams has stated that the KC area is showing some real improvement. The R0 is actually below 1 in the KC area. St. Louis is kind of a shit show with an R0 of 1.6 - the rest of the state is hovering just above the 1 mark. Central Missouri not doing so well either.

Said hospitalizations are stable. Doing a lot more testing compared to even a month ago. The CDC is heading to St. Louis to try and help out.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:23 PM   #41759
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Any doctor, scientists, epidemiologist, etc. that supports the notion the protest gatherings are okay due to the content while others are not, are letting their emotions dictate their thoughts instead of sticking with the science. Pretty simple. Either all large gatherings are okay or they aren’t. If you want an example of why there is distrust in scientists on this topic and others from many people there you go.
Did you really need an expert to tell you that gatherings during a pandemic was a bad idea?
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:32 PM   #41760
Generational Player

Physical distancing, mask-wearing could be in place for 2-3 years even with vaccine,
@CPHO_Canada
Dr. Theresa Tam warns

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cov...-tam-1.5673729
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.