Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2024, 09:14 AM  
In Search of a Life

Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?

Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.

Last edited by staylor26; 04-25-2024 at 06:21 AM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:36 PM   #286
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
If the Chiefs take a left tackle prospect at 32 most likely it will be two years in a row that our 1st round pick is sitting on the bench all year.
Sure would suck to win the Superbowl though, right?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 12:38 PM   #287
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
See the post above this one. It's definitely different than every other year.

Logic says it would make sense if they're planning on trading down, but I just don't see the value in getting another 4th and losing that 5th year option.
My theory is they met with Fatty's in Indy and are using Mahomes passing camp as an information conduit for the others.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 12:39 PM   #288
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
But let's clutch pearls and not dare use these precious picks to actually move up and get a difference maker...
You guys really don’t get how hard it is to find a capable long term LT huh? This draft class is different than any other in years. It’s the perfect class to find a capable LT AND get a high ceiling WR rd 2.

There aren’t guys like Kingsley and Paul sitting there at the end of the first rd in most drafts. And this year guys like Legette and Walker are guys that could be big difference makers.

But I get it. If we don’t sell everything to move up in the teens for BTJ it’s a complete and utter failure for you
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 12:39 PM   #289
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Sure would suck to win the Superbowl though, right?
Taking a player with a 1st round pick that doesn't play makes that harder, not easier.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:41 PM   #290
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
You guys really don’t get how hard it is to find a capable long term LT huh? This draft class is different than any other in years. It’s the perfect class to find a capable LT AND get a high ceiling WR rd 2.

There aren’t guys like Kingsley and Paul sitting there at the end of the first rd in most drafts. And this year guys like Legette and Walker are guys that could be big difference makers.

But I get it. If we don’t sell everything to move up in the teens for BTJ it’s a complete and utter failure for you
Nah it really isn't...there's guys I'd be comfortable with taking at 32.

I'm just making the point that the MUH DRAFT PICKS crowd that push back on moving up look dumb when you keep taking projects with your first round pick...and that's how I'd feel if we took Kingsley or Paul.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:45 PM   #291
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Taking a player with a 1st round pick that doesn't play makes that harder, not easier.
Do you really think they're taking a LT in the first round to sit him? Just because it happened with Uzi at DE...doesn't mean it's going to happen again.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:47 PM   #292
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Do you really think they're taking a LT in the first round to sit him? Just because it happened with Uzi at DE...doesn't mean it's going to happen again.
Nah don't you get it man, it makes way more sense to bitch about a hypothetical of a hypothetical.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:48 PM   #293
Generational Player

Quote:

Veach and Reid are both dialed into the LT position as critical, much more than WR.

So do I think that a LT at the end of the 1st is likely to play much?

No. They will want a veteran in that spot.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:52 PM   #294
Andy Reid Supporter

If they draft a LT in the first rd he’s the day 1 starter
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:55 PM   #295
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
If they draft a LT in the first rd he’s the day 1 starter
Day 1 LT starters don't last till 32.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:56 PM   #296
Supporter

Quote:
Hollywood is here for one year...and so what that they're similar.

Is there a quota on fast as hell field stretchers or something?
No, but if you're willing, you can give up about a tenth of a second in speed and gain 55-60lbs of muscle, a few inches of height, and still nab a "fast as hell field-stretcher" in Leggette.
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:58 PM   #297
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmhawk View Post
if we pick a tackle at 32 that isn’t a day 1 starter i’ll be mad. we need a fricken WR.
Who's KC's current LT? I highly doubt they spend pick 32 on a LT that won't start this year. They need a LT far more than WR.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 04-23-2024, 12:59 PM   #298
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
No, but if you're willing, you can give up about a tenth of a second in speed and gain 55-60lbs of muscle, a few inches of height, and still nab a "fast as hell field-stretcher" in Leggette.
Hey I like Legette lol...won't hear me complain.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:59 PM   #299
In Search of a Life

They're not getting a day 1 starter at any position at pick 32.

Good thing it's a 5 year contract though.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 01:00 PM   #300
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Nah it really isn't...there's guys I'd be comfortable with taking at 32.

I'm just making the point that the MUH DRAFT PICKS crowd that push back on moving up look dumb when you keep taking projects with your first round pick...and that's how I'd feel if we took Kingsley or Paul.
I wouldn't spend a bunch of picks to move up and take the 4/5th best WR prospect in a draft though.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.