Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics

Old 09-19-2005, 10:18 AM  
Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Class Action Suit

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I'm considering a class action suit against ESPN/ABC/Walt Disney and the Hearst Corporation.

I'm sorry, but this isn't so much about the Chiefs, but rather the blatant ignorance and bias displayed by the entire ESPN staff regarding last night's telecast.

I have already contacted ESPN directly, and my next voice of contact will be Rosa M. Gatti, Senior Vice President, and then a letter to the NFL.

I wasn't home all day yesterday, so I didn't set my DVR to record the game, so if anyone recorded the game I'd appreciate it if you PM me. If you're interested in filing a class-action suit, you may PM me as well.

Again, this isn't about the Chiefs- this is about presenting a fair, balanced, and unbiased program for all viewers. Sterling Sharpe must be wearing Randy Moss's briefs or something, 'cause I was, like most people have already indicated, sickened and disgusted by the blatant bias given to Randy Moss and the rest of the Raiders organization. It's a good gawddamn thing we didn't play a "Randy Moss" drinking game, 'cause we'd all have alcohol poisoning before the first quarter ever ended.

This was a football game between two historic franchises. A game matching arguably one of the best rivalries in sports. A game which featured both current and future Hall of Famers on both sides of the ball. This game displayed two teams that personify what football is all about, and what is should be all about. It is what football fans crave. It was a game loaded with stars that received little to absolutely no mention.

I'm sick and tired of watching a football game every now and then only to hear a biased view from an ex-jock who's only interest is to suck the cock of his "special" player. I'm not interested in making any money, I'm only interested in giving the fans a voice to expose their displeasure, so we might be able to enjoy future games without all the biasness.

BTW- Great game for the Chiefs, however the public wouldn't know that. To the average football fan, the Chiefs were lucky and Randy Moss would have won the game had they just thrown the ball to him every phucking play. Phuck you Sterling Sharpe. You'll be hearing from me- the pissed-off football fan.
CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:32 PM   #46
MVP

This reminds me of a ghetto momma that wants to sue the City of Wichita and Wichita media outlets for 50,000 because the BTK sntencing coverage made her miss her talk shows.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:46 PM   #47
Ha Ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix
Right, the NFL could sue. You could, well, watch figure skating. I guess you might have some kind of claim as a third party beneficiary of the contract, but that would be a relatively weak case.
Let me clarify, I don't agree with the lawsuit at all. I think its ridiculous along with millions of other lawsuits filed recently. I was just responding to the numbnutt that thought ESPN could just show something else without repercussions.
Nelson Muntz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Nelson Muntz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:06 PM   #48
Supporter

So are you going to use Amorix or BabyLee? I'd think Amnorix would be in a bad mood since his POS team just got it's head handed to it. (Hey, I had to work hard to work that in there).
Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:18 PM   #49
Pain Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Some peon at ESPN is reading your emails right now laughing his ass off. You've just made his entire year. He'll likely print off the email and frame it next to a picture of a mullet driving a 4x4 Camaro.

...and all others similarly situated.
Boozer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBoozer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBoozer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBoozer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBoozer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBoozer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBoozer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBoozer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBoozer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 09-19-2005, 03:23 PM   #50
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim_Shady
Let me clarify, I don't agree with the lawsuit at all. I think its ridiculous along with millions of other lawsuits filed recently. I was just responding to the numbnutt that thought ESPN could just show something else without repercussions.
I was speaking figuratively there, genious.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:24 PM   #51
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozer

...and all others similarly situated.
I'll bet that's what Phobia looked like a few years ago.
Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:27 PM   #52
Would an idiot do that?

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:37 PM   #53
u b illian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPal
I agree- I've already written to ESPN about it. I have no idea what kind of suit, if any, could ever come of this. I just feel like I've been raped by Randy Moss last night...geez- maybe that's a suit right there.
Ok, I've read all of 16 posts in this thread, and already I've determined you need to STFD & !!

So the ESPN talking heads aren't giving you the love you need, so they get wind of this stupid tirade, and guess what? The only mention they'll have of the KC Chiefs is your silly ass goin Johnny Cochran!! F-Off you whiny biatch!
ct 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-19-2005, 03:56 PM   #54
For The Glory Of The City

I don't think the telecast tries to pretend that what they are doin is "unbiased"
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:06 PM   #55
Yall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster's Dad
Hell, ESPN is still tooting Randy moss's horn today, what highlights I have seen the are all saying, mike ditka included, that the refs robbed moss and the raiders. but nobody is saying anything about Dante's runback called back, and the two holding calls on Black on 1st and goal, that very easly could of been a touchdown, 2 for them and 2 for us forget it and just go ahead and play the game. that something the raiders can't seem to do
The reason they are saying Moss got robbed was because he did. His TD catch was clean and that made them settle for 3 instead of 7. We won by more than 4 points so it hardly matters.
Tinlar is not part of the Right 53.Tinlar is not part of the Right 53.Tinlar is not part of the Right 53.Tinlar is not part of the Right 53.Tinlar is not part of the Right 53.Tinlar is not part of the Right 53.Tinlar is not part of the Right 53.Tinlar is not part of the Right 53.Tinlar is not part of the Right 53.Tinlar is not part of the Right 53.Tinlar is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:16 PM   #56
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

While I would like to see better coverage of Kansas City, there are some other potential lawsuits that would increase my enjoyment of professional football even more, and I'd rather sue for those first. These would include:

1. Stop allowing QBs to intentionally ground the ball outside the tackles. I'm paying to see violence.

2. No more of those weenie fair catches on punts. The returner is open game at all times.

3. Cheerleaders wear entirely too much clothing.

4. If there's a fight on the field, show it on camera. No more cutting away while the refs break it up.

5. Wide receiver contact rules. See Point #1.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:22 PM   #57
Cog of Industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man
While I would like to see better coverage of Kansas City, there are some other potential lawsuits that would increase my enjoyment of professional football even more, and I'd rather sue for those first. These would include:

1. Stop allowing QBs to intentionally ground the ball outside the tackles. I'm paying to see violence.

2. No more of those weenie fair catches on punts. The returner is open game at all times.

3. Cheerleaders wear entirely too much clothing.

4. If there's a fight on the field, show it on camera. No more cutting away while the refs break it up.

5. Wide receiver contact rules. See Point #1.
I think the cheerleaders should be required to retrieve the kicking tees, and bring out the new footballs between plays....and the cameras should be required to show them running out and back.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:26 PM   #58
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois
I think the cheerleaders should be required to retrieve the kicking tees, and bring out the new footballs between plays....and the cameras should be required to show them running out and back.

This is precisely why I consider you one of the greatest minds of our generation.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:39 PM   #59
Learn it. Know it. Live it.

First of all- it was a patently stupid idea to begin with- and I’m rather embarrassed and humbled I even posted this to begin with. I don't know what in gawd's name I was thinking this morning when I wrote this, but the idea of the suit was beget by the fact so many peeps evidently felt the same way I did, and that is we were robbed of quality programming. Instead, it was nothing more than a bloody Moss orgy and I simply couldn’t take it anymore.

First of all, I had no intention of filing a suit for monetary gains, and I would never take it upon myself to solicit an attorney about something as ridiculous as a class action suit nor would I ever want that kind of media attention. It was nothing more than a feeble attempt at generating interest in people contacting ESPN to complain about the quality of last night’s programming. I should have just entitled the thread, “Write to ESPN and tell them to

I did it myself- composed an email to ESPN stating my disgust with the choice of announcers and their bias behavior on national TV. I should have left it at that. But, I couldn’t…Here’s a copy of what I sent ESPN:

You guys are a bunch of phucktards.

Sincerely,

A disgruntled football fan who’s out of beer.

Take it for what it’s worth.

No, seriously- I feel pretty dumb now that I started such a thread. This is your opportunity to sue me for posting such idiocy on the web and taking up valuable ChiefsPlanet space.

I will now retire to the corner of the room and avoid the Planet for a very long time as I’m rather embarrassed about all of this. So, sue me.
CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:45 PM   #60
Cog of Industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man
This is precisely why I consider you one of the greatest minds of our generation.
I am so putting that in my resume.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.