Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics

Old 09-19-2005, 10:18 AM  
Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Class Action Suit

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I'm considering a class action suit against ESPN/ABC/Walt Disney and the Hearst Corporation.

I'm sorry, but this isn't so much about the Chiefs, but rather the blatant ignorance and bias displayed by the entire ESPN staff regarding last night's telecast.

I have already contacted ESPN directly, and my next voice of contact will be Rosa M. Gatti, Senior Vice President, and then a letter to the NFL.

I wasn't home all day yesterday, so I didn't set my DVR to record the game, so if anyone recorded the game I'd appreciate it if you PM me. If you're interested in filing a class-action suit, you may PM me as well.

Again, this isn't about the Chiefs- this is about presenting a fair, balanced, and unbiased program for all viewers. Sterling Sharpe must be wearing Randy Moss's briefs or something, 'cause I was, like most people have already indicated, sickened and disgusted by the blatant bias given to Randy Moss and the rest of the Raiders organization. It's a good gawddamn thing we didn't play a "Randy Moss" drinking game, 'cause we'd all have alcohol poisoning before the first quarter ever ended.

This was a football game between two historic franchises. A game matching arguably one of the best rivalries in sports. A game which featured both current and future Hall of Famers on both sides of the ball. This game displayed two teams that personify what football is all about, and what is should be all about. It is what football fans crave. It was a game loaded with stars that received little to absolutely no mention.

I'm sick and tired of watching a football game every now and then only to hear a biased view from an ex-jock who's only interest is to suck the cock of his "special" player. I'm not interested in making any money, I'm only interested in giving the fans a voice to expose their displeasure, so we might be able to enjoy future games without all the biasness.

BTW- Great game for the Chiefs, however the public wouldn't know that. To the average football fan, the Chiefs were lucky and Randy Moss would have won the game had they just thrown the ball to him every phucking play. Phuck you Sterling Sharpe. You'll be hearing from me- the pissed-off football fan.
CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:51 AM   #31
Archivist

Screw the lawsuit nonsense...some lawyer gets eleventy billion and I get a check for 12 cents or some crap.*

I do, however, want to draft a letter/email to voice my displeasure at their choice of announcers.

If anyone has any contact information, I would appreciate it if you could share.

*-Disclaimer: I have to identify myself as having an anti lawyer bias, otherwise, Amnorix would scurry into this thread to talk some bs about how I dont know anything about lawyers and class action lawsuits even though I received a check for 40 cents as a result of a class action lawsuit I had no idea I was a part of.
KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:08 PM   #32
The only constant is change

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTitus
Screw the lawsuit nonsense...some lawyer gets eleventy billion and I get a check for 12 cents or some crap.*

I do, however, want to draft a letter/email to voice my displeasure at their choice of announcers.

If anyone has any contact information, I would appreciate it if you could share.

I

*-Disclaimer: I have to identify myself as having an anti lawyer bias, otherwise, Amnorix would scurry into this thread to talk some bs about how I dont know anything about lawyers and class action lawsuits even though I received a check for 40 cents as a result of a class action lawsuit I had no idea I was a part of.

I just went to ESPNs site and sent an email through the "contact us" area than concerns TV. http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools/...ct/espntv.html
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:08 PM   #33
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim_Shady
Actually they are under an obligation to show it. Its called a contract with the NFL. I believe if they cancelled their telecast of Sunday Night Football for figure skating, the NFL would have a little problem with that.
Right, the NFL could sue. You could, well, watch figure skating. I guess you might have some kind of claim as a third party beneficiary of the contract, but that would be a relatively weak case.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:10 PM   #34
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTitus

Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:12 PM   #35
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix
Right, the NFL could sue. You could, well, watch figure skating. I guess you might have some kind of claim as a third party beneficiary of the contract, but that would be a relatively weak case.
Alright, everyone knows what I mean. ESPN does not owe you as a viewer anything. They could have martha stewart and joan rivers do the announcing or something if they wanted to. Hell they already had Dennis Miller do it.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:14 PM   #36
stax of wax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise
This is the worst idea in the history of everything.
I'm adding you to my sig with that one...
Dr. Johnny Fever 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDr. Johnny Fever 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDr. Johnny Fever 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDr. Johnny Fever 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDr. Johnny Fever 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDr. Johnny Fever 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDr. Johnny Fever 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDr. Johnny Fever 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDr. Johnny Fever 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDr. Johnny Fever 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDr. Johnny Fever 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-19-2005, 12:43 PM   #37
Phobia

Some peon at ESPN is reading your emails right now laughing his ass off. You've just made his entire year. He'll likely print off the email and frame it next to a picture of a mullet driving a 4x4 Camaro.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:45 PM   #38
retired mean ole man

Hell, ESPN is still tooting Randy moss's horn today, what highlights I have seen the are all saying, mike ditka included, that the refs robbed moss and the raiders. but nobody is saying anything about Dante's runback called back, and the two holding calls on Black on 1st and goal, that very easly could of been a touchdown, 2 for them and 2 for us forget it and just go ahead and play the game. that something the raiders can't seem to do
Buster's Dad is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Buster's Dad is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:48 PM   #39
Shoot the tube

Those 2 guys doing the game, was ESPN's contribution to the Hurricane game. They moved their A team to cover that.

We did our part to help out by having to listen to that crap.
Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:50 PM   #40
Indian Twitter

Who was Sharpe talking to anyways? Wasn't the game blacked out in Oakland?

PhilFree
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:51 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Some peon at ESPN is reading your emails right now laughing his ass off. You've just made his entire year. He'll likely print off the email and frame it next to a picture of a mullet driving a 4x4 Camaro.

Ya think? 4X4 Camaro?

Actually I have already received a response, automated. I feel better now.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:54 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfree
Who was Sharpe talking to anyways? Wasn't the game blacked out in Oakland?

PhilFree

No, those empty seats were sold to Chicago voters.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:55 PM   #43
Shoot the tube

No it wasn't.
Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Calcountry Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:57 PM   #44
Iron Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise
WTF? I dont even know where to begin tearing this apart. First of all, ESPN is under no obligation to provide you with dick. If they wanted to cancel the game telecast and show figure skating or the lumberjack competition they can. They can put anyone on TV they want to.

Second, for you to sue you have to show injury. What has Sterling Sharpe cost you? How have you been injured? Because you endured commentary you didn't necessarily agree with? What kind of dollar amount are you planning on putting on having to listen to someone say something you don't agree with?

Just what we need... the government wasting its time regulating the balance of power between TV football commentators.

This is the worst idea in the history of everything. In fact, this is the sort of frivolous thing that it hacks me off people would crowd the legal system with. There is real, actual work that courts need to do that is important to people's welfare instead of wasting time on this crap
Settle yourself, this is not going anywhere and no one will get sued. There is one thing you are wrong about they can not cancel the game and show figure skating because they signed a contract with the nfl to show the game so they are under obligation to those that pay for cable and satellite and nfl sunday ticket payers to show the game. If they did not show the game and showed figure skating and it is not a blackout they could get sue by the nfl which could get sued by the DTV which could be sued by the nfl sunday ticket holders. Eveyone would be sued all over the U.S. becuase they couldn't see the beloved chiefs.
Lbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutLbedrock1 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 09-19-2005, 02:05 PM   #45
On one quarter

meh... that was the best game commentary Ive seen on ESPN regardless of the bias. ya its sad that SS cant remove his pucker from Randy's but seriously it doesnt matter one bit. Everybody who heard that commentary is bound to realize that SS is reliving his career vicariously through his blatant raider touting.
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.