Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2022, 04:51 PM  
Needs more middle fingers

Setting up Dual Monitors

Something so simple, yet i can't get it to work right. Frustrating. What's the best way to get this done?

Just bought a new HP (Windows 11) with an Nvidia GTX-1650. I have two brand new 27" curved monitors and a 2x1 HDMI Splitter/adapter.

When i go to settings, the display settings don't detect a 2nd monitor.

As of right now, both monitors are mirroring each other, i'm trying to get them to extend.

What am i missing here?

Also, i did the Win key + P and switched that to extend monitors and that didn't do anything either.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2022, 04:53 PM   #2
Most Valuable Villain

Is it because you’re using a splitter and not plugging them into separate inputs?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:55 PM   #3
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Have you tried using two completely separate HDMI cables?
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2022, 04:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Is it because you’re using a splitter and not plugging them into separate inputs?
I'm guessing that's what it is. The video card has one HDMI and one DVI. Best way to attack this is to just buy a DVI and plug that into the other monitor? One into the DVI and the other into the HDMI?
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2022, 04:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Have you tried using two completely separate HDMI cables?
Card only has one HDMI output. I'd have to buy a DVI to HDMI adapter or a DVI cable.
Old 01-20-2022, 05:00 PM   #6
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I'm guessing that's what it is. The video card has one HDMI and one DVI. Best way to attack this is to just buy a DVI and plug that into the other monitor? One into the DVI and the other into the HDMI?
Yeah. On mine I have the DVI going to my primary monitor, and the HDMI going to my TV.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:04 PM   #7
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
That's how I do it for my Windows environment.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2022, 05:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Yeah. On mine I have the DVI going to my primary monitor, and the HDMI going to my TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
That's how I do it for my Windows environment.
****. Ok. Well, at least i know now. Thanks. Lots of conflicting info online. "Oh all you need is a splitter blah blah blah".
Old 01-20-2022, 05:15 PM   #9
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
****. Ok. Well, at least i know now. Thanks. Lots of conflicting info online. "Oh all you need is a splitter blah blah blah".
The good news is you'll be able to find one at the nearest Walmart, Target or Best Buy.

Shit, I probably have four or five of the goddamn things in my junk bin that I'd give you, but I don't think the drive up would make it worth your time.
Old 01-20-2022, 05:17 PM   #10
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
The good news is you'll be able to find one at the nearest Walmart, Target or Best Buy.

Shit, I probably have four or five of the goddamn things in my junk bin that I'd give you, but I don't think the drive up would make it worth your time.
You can probably find a DVI cable at your local thrift store in a bin of miscellaneous cables.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2022, 05:53 PM   #11
Ain't no relax!

A splitter will only allow you to mirror the original source. You'll definitely need to use DVI if you want a separate workspace on the second monitor.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:23 PM   #12
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
A splitter will only allow you to mirror the original source. You'll definitely need to use DVI if you want a separate workspace on the second monitor.
This
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:35 PM   #13
Supporter

I used to run 2.

Then I bought a big ass one. I prefer the big ass one.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:15 AM
Frazod
This message has been deleted by Frazod.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:18 AM   #14
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I’ve got two big ass monitors if you count the TV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11049676-188D-441B-B527-2F454CA54415.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	123975  
Old 01-21-2022, 03:13 AM   #15
You Sweetie!

Fish is in the power 10 CP'ers IT department.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.